FE4 Mafia - Game over

Jaybee

I'm tempted to cancel this game.

Anyway, phase end.

Rapier got his teeth kicked in, a dozen or so sledgehammer shots to the balls, every single one of his ribs got pulled out of his body, a panda mauled him for good measure and then an actual rapier up his ass, hilt and all. I'm not in a good mood.

Dear user,

You are Celice, Mafia Reverse Martyr.

3PxfR.png

You are the leader of the Liberation Army, and the son of Sigurd of Chalphy. You can’t see how to defeat the Empire in a normal attack; sneaky tactics is your method of choice. Now, you just need to find a way to end the Empire, and drag Jugdral out of the hellhole it’s in.

During the Night Phase, you may reply to your Role PM with “Night X – Distracting USER”. You will appear during the middle of the night to USER, causing USER to panic and use their night action on you instead of their original target.

You are allied with The Liberation Army. You win when The Liberation Army has achieved parity with The Empire, and all hostile third-party characters have been removed from the game.

It is now Night 3. Night 3 ends on 17 Dec 2011, 4pm, GMT +8.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what the precedent is for activity in SF games, but I've seen games with players a lot lot lazier than the one here (and am currently hosting one elsewhere <______<). Never give up! People may be jerks who hate playing in mafia games they sign up for, but you have to keep hosting and force them to keep up the commitments they don't want to commit to as a way of passive-aggressively spiting them.

Mod ragequitting is also bad form toward the people who actually care about the game, but doing things to make people happy is a lot less malevolent, and given what you just posted I don't think it would be as appealing to you.

Edited by Prims

Im guessing since rapier was mafia and he apparently claimed that Kay was safeguard then they have a role checker. Unless he just guessed or something but i doubt that highly.

But anyway. Yay one mafia down.

Quick question to everyone now, How many more mafia/third party people do you think are left?

Since it doesnt look like there is an SK im going to assume if there are any third party then they are most likely survivors or something along those lines.

(Quoting from the above flavor)

You are allied with The Liberation Army. You win when The Liberation Army has achieved parity with The Empire, and all hostile third-party characters have been removed from the game.

That makes me think thereis at least one third party but it says hostile so idk but maybe 1 survivor and 3-4 mafia?

Okay everybody. Now that domu flipped, we discuss the scumslip connection (the lovers, the dreamers, and Kay). Most likely possibilities:

Mafia stalker having inspected Kay, and domu outing that,

Kay part of domu's mafia and forgetting she hadn't claimed.

Also, give me suggestions for persuasion. We're already down most of our mislynches, so tying up scums votes is likely critical. I feed on input.

Mod ragequitting is also bad form toward the people who actually care about the game, but doing things to make people happy is a lot less malevolent, and given what you just posted I don't think it would be as appealing to you. 

The person who cares most about this game is probably Eclipse. Seriously.

None of the players here care about this game. Bal said that PoT mafia was the second game on his priority list, so obviously CM4 is top. Slayer doesn't give a shit, Proto hasn't posted in a week, Core is doing nothing again, Kaoz is hosting another mafia, Psych needs a fucking sub, IDK about Shinori, Iris is dead, Nightmare is dead, Ether needs a sub in PoT and this, probably, StSS is always inactive and I don't even know about Kay.

So if I cancel it no one really gets affected.

Just because I'm not giving it top priority doesn't mean I'm not interested. It's just that I am much less likely to burn myself out over a game I came into half-way than one where I've been there and fresh since the beginning. I'm obviously still going to play to win, anything else is disrespect to the fallen.

I can certainly sympathize with what you're feeling. But don't call the game.

None of the players here care about this game. Bal said that PoT mafia was the second game on his priority list, so obviously CM4 is top. Slayer doesn't give a shit, Proto hasn't posted in a week, Core is doing nothing again, Kaoz is hosting another mafia, Psych needs a fucking sub, IDK about Shinori, Iris is dead, Nightmare is dead, Ether needs a sub in PoT and this, probably, StSS is always inactive and I don't even know about Kay.

JB, I'm trying. I just don't feel that motivated to play mafia right now (which is based on game types, not game design), and I'm trying to pay a reasonable amount of attention to all three games. I'm failing, sure, but I am trying. I'll definitely be really annoyed if you cancel the game.

Okay everybody. Now that domu flipped, we discuss the scumslip connection (the lovers, the dreamers, and Kay). Most likely possibilities:

Mafia stalker having inspected Kay, and domu outing that,

Kay part of domu's mafia and forgetting she hadn't claimed.

Also, give me suggestions for persuasion. We're already down most of our mislynches, so tying up scums votes is likely critical. I feed on input.

I think another possibility we should consider is that he simply mixed up his information as Kay claimed she was blocked N1 (iirc) and people were talking about a Safeguard. Dunno how likely that is, but we shouldn't overlook it.

As for your target, depending on how we think the current numbers are, it might be best to idle tonight. While it would certainly help if you could tie an anti-town vote, I feel a possible misfire would be more harmful and outweigh the benefits at the moment.

Kaoz is hosting another mafia, Psych needs a fucking sub, IDK about Shinori, Iris is dead, Nightmare is dead, Ether needs a sub in PoT and this, probably, StSS is always inactive and I don't even know about Kay.

I can host a game and care about another one at the same time... just allow me a little more time to get into it...

Not posting =/= not caring. I've given this game my full attention and would be disappointed if you cancelled it because of other people.

I think another possibility we should consider is that he simply mixed up his information as Kay claimed she was blocked N1 (iirc) and people were talking about a Safeguard. Dunno how likely that is, but we shouldn't overlook it.

As for your target, depending on how we think the current numbers are, it might be best to idle tonight. While it would certainly help if you could tie an anti-town vote, I feel a possible misfire would be more harmful and outweigh the benefits at the moment.

Possible. It's also possible they decided to bus him to shore up support for Core, faith in whom appears to be tenuous. I count that as less likely, however.

I want opinions from everybody else. If you were me, who would you persuade to vote from whom?

Idling is an acceptable answer.

Possible. It's also possible they decided to bus him to shore up support for Core, faith in whom appears to be tenuous. I count that as less likely, however.

I want opinions from everybody else. If you were me, who would you persuade to vote from whom?

Idling is an acceptable answer.

you asking that kinda beats the purpose of even saying to idle :/

Also, if i were you, i'd persuade slayer to vote for the person i (bal) think is most suspicious... just sayin.

I think the whole "Kay might be safeguard" from Domu might have just been an error from his memory. When Kay said she failed to kill Snike, and Psych said that Nightmarre successfully visited Snike at the same time, I recall somebody pointing out that Nightmarre might have been a Safeguard. Domu probably just remembered that there was some small mention of Kay's action and Safeguards, and he mistakenly thought it was Kay that was implied to be a Safeguard, not Nightmarre.

Kay, do you think you could at least confirm whether or not you're a Safeguard? It would make it easier to analyze Domu's post about you.