Fire Emblem 6: Balanced Game

mario90

Hi! I'm new! Always read this forum since the beginning anyway! Modded FE:6 tweakening here and there.

Many thing changed. Difficulty is harsher - hard mode is comparable to Maniac now.

However:

1: Every character got tweaked in starting statistics and growths, and many of them has random bonus-malus like hard mode bonus even in normal mode.

2: Every character get a load of experience expect magicians, because of their versatility

3:Two Jeigans units:

3-1: Marcus is an "Ophey Sage": his paladin palette is amazing, he stars good in speed but less average in everything else,

he obtains less experience, his support now his much more powerful (dark affinity) and he is much more versatile

3-2: Bors starts as a General with abysmal speed but great HP, skill, defense and attack, and can help weakening units in the beginning.

4: All the items now have 50 uses (exepct the most annoying) and some of theme are tweaked (much more precise weapons,

now Devil Axe is really powerful and legendaries got tweaked)

5: Sleep, Berserk staff ecc... just 1 use

6: All enemies got a lot more of HP and their statistics are alterated, some bosses are greatly more difficult to put down

7:Almost all classes has different stat caps (some of them are abysmal to balance the game even more)

8: Sword of the Seal is much more powerful now

9: Rapier is much more powerful now but there are only two of them.

10) Bosses are god-damn risky to rush against but some of them has surprises

11) Arena is harsher now but not impossible

12) Random stuff here and there to ease the game, otherwise some characters would be near-impossible to obtain because of

how strong the enemies are.

13) Supports now are much more important to obtain as soon as possible

Tier List:

Everybody = Somewhat balanced characters

Example of a balanced character of mine:

Alan = powerful paladin and somewhat fast and good in tanking, but abysmal skill and under average res

Noah = average in everything and slight advantage in skill and speed over Treck's defense and Luck

Bartre = Good hp, powerful and fast and good at avoiding attacks, but sickening skill and defenses

Clarine = Everything is very good, she is powerful, precise, dodgy and has amazing resistance, yet, she has barely any hp and phisical defense

Marcus = Starts fast and stays average in everything for all the time and his frail, so he is mora a supporter than an attacker

Wolt = Balanced in everything with higher starting stats

Example of enemies:

Very powerful enemies with everything very high related on their class (example = a fighter is lethal but very frail in defenses despite the high hp)

Of course if I can improve this mod if you just write me what you think should be fixed!

Bye it!

Downloadable here.

-Link removed-

Edited by Gustave
Providing a rom

Hi! I'm new! Always read this forum since the beginning anyway! Modded FE:6 tweakening here and there.

Many thing changed. Difficulty is harsher - hard mode is comparable to Maniac now.

However:

1: Every character got tweaked in starting statistics and growths, and many of them has random bonus-malus like hard mode bonus even in normal mode.

Um, what exactly is the point of giving HM bonuses in NM when you can just alter their base stats directly?

2: Every character get a load of experience expect magicians, because of their versatility

Yes, magic users are versatile: they suck at offense, durability, and mobility. If you didn't notice, magic users are distinctly underpowered except when they use Staves.

3:Two Jeigans units:

3-1: Marcus is an "Ophey Sage": his paladin palette is amazing, he stars good in speed but less average in everything else,

he obtains less experience, his support now his much more powerful (dark affinity) and he is much more versatile

Marcus was one of the best characters in the vanilla game, he hardly needed a buff.

4: All the items now have 50 uses (exepct the most annoying) and some of theme are tweaked (much more precise weapons,

now Devil Axe is really powerful and legendaries got tweaked)

I like the sound of more accurate weapons.

5: Sleep, Berserk staff ecc... just 1 use

That's a shame, status staves are quite fun to use.

6: All enemies got a lot more of HP and their statistics are alterated, some bosses are greatly more difficult to put down

Bosses are already really really annoying, making them harder doesn't sound like fun to me!

The concept of balancing FE6 has been discussed numerous times already, and I can safely say that most of your tweaks aren't headed in the right direction.

I have to agree, they just seem to have made the game easier in one aspect(every unit can be useful from the start!) and more annoying in another(editing weapons doesn't only benefit the player, enemies also get better weapons, and more HP for bosses doesn't make them more challenging it makes them exist for longer periods of time.

I've tried out the first two chapters and things seem a little off.

Bors comes as a general who can deal 27 damage to most enemies whilst taking none in return. Marcus is pretty much invincible and is the only person who can kill the boss, the boss is way too strong. Wolt doesn't seem to improved much at all and Roy has 11 defense for some reason. Upping everything's stats may put people on a level playing field but it means the enemies are wimps, since the stat increases put them at an even greater disadvantage. The boss was ridiculously powerful, but can't counter Marcus at range.

Chapter 2 sees us with an untouched Dieck, whilst Wade and Lott are 1RKOing everything. Ellen doesn't need to come as a bishop either.

For a first project, you could have done far worse, but it takes time to get the balance right. Plus, you've provided a rom, which isn't really allowed :P.

Sorry, pal, but linking to ROMs is against the rules. I kind of hate to do this, but the code of conduct states that providing ROMs will result in a ban in clear English. You should have provided an IPS patch instead. :(: