Every death on every road in Great Britain 1999 - 2010

Raven

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15975720

Very interesting interactive application here, maybe even if you don't live in Great Britain. Hopefully it works for people outside of the UK.

Typing in the first half of my post code (CF34), it homed into my hometown, where I could see four dots. One was a motorcycle crash, where a schoolmate's father was killed nine years ago. Another one was different schoolmate's younger brother when he smashed his car into the railway bridge wall, killing himself and injuring the passenger three years ago. I remember the one involving the goods vehicle from two years ago, but didn't know of anyone close being affected by the deaths there.

I don't remember the other one involving thee cars and killing two people 11 years ago. But I do wonder how the fuck they managed to get themselves killed on that junction, and why nothing had been done to the junction to prevent anything like that happening again.

So ya, interesting. Thought I'd share it here, for what it's worth.

Other points of interest there are the "Five Deaths a Day" video, the "Did you know?" app, and the time-lapse maps of recorded accidents throughout GB.

The second thing you quoted, I was talking about the working of the application as opposed to the actual highlighting of road fatalities. Should've made that more clear.