how does jill have a green dragon?

Well, I'm assuming the dragon mounts are animals and not Laguz (similar to the NPC horses, if there were horse Laguz), hence they don't have to have the same colours as the dragon Laguz.

Wyverns are not Laguz they are huge lizards with wings that walk on 4 legs. Dragon are long eared humans who shift into dragons and stay dragons for a long time (15 turns if nobody attacks them and they attack nobody) They are bipedal huge like the size of 5 wyverns and breath red or black flames or light magic. Also Wyverns come in all colors and Dragons are only Red, White, and Black.

I wanna see an orange wyvern... THAT would be the day. Or maybe even the whole rainbow

lol! the rainbow fleet, the terror of the skies!

It doesn't help, though, that they're referred to as Dragons, not Wyverns, in the Japanese versions. NoA felt it'd be confusing to have Dragons who are all-powerful, and lesser dragons, I guess, so they split them into two separate categories. This leads some of the newer fans to think they're unrelated altogether :/