Prince of Tennis Mafia - Game Over

Kaoz

Or better yet, disguise a randvote as a normal vote in the hope to catch someone who's opportunistic enough to bandwagon straight away without thinking about the consequences, aka you. This is a common tactic here, and it never fails to get results, as one can see.

lmao

Actually not sure if you're scum or just a hypersensitive townie. Willing to bet on the first for now.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see you skipped a lot.

That's fine, don't address the fact that you sheeped.

Oh and again:

Name a way to get discussion started then. No lynching is a terrible idea, and there's no information to base surveys from because noone's said anything, so unless you're going to say we should mass claim, which is suicidal at this stage, we should randvote no?

I'm simply dieing to here a better answer.

tl;dr version of why I think you're scummy (as far as D1 cases go): I stacked a second vote on you after Paperblade already voted to see what would happen, and now you're suddenly engaging vote modo even though:

- Two votes isn't enough to lynch so you weren't even in any danger of a lynch from my vote

- Two votes barely qualifies as a wagon with 12 alive

- My vote wasn't even stated to be serious and I hadn't even interacted with you

Given this, it looks like you're jumping out at the first reason you can find to lynch somebody instead of actually trying to find scum intent in their actions.

- Two votes isn't enough to lynch so you weren't even in any danger of a lynch from my vote

So? Your vote is still stupid and has no reasoning behind it.

- Two votes barely qualifies as a wagon with 12 alive

Start a bandwagon means to start sheeping. And a wagon can have just one person, that one person still decided to vote without any logical thought.

- My vote wasn't even stated to be serious and I hadn't even interacted with you

Now you see, most people when they make a joke vote give some kind of indication it is a joke vote. If you don't do that then I'm going to have to assume it's serious, and if it's serious then you're sheeping pretty hard and are doing exactly what the scum want and want to do.

Given this, it looks like you're jumping out at the first reason you can find to lynch somebody instead of actually trying to find scum intent in their actions.

But there will be no actions without votes prims. Your stupid sheep wouldn't have been made if Paperblade didn't vote, Paperblade's vote may not have been made if I voted. etc etc. Like it or not voting is the quickest way to start discussion, and so that's what I did. Want people to talk? Take the initiative. Oh wait, you're probably just as bad as kay when it comes to talking.

I mean, yeah, if I had put you at L-1 or something like that I would understand the wariness but as is you're just flipping out over nothing and it's pretty hialrious.

Because I'm tired of saying the same shit every game.

Oh and so this doesn't become me vs some other smart player like in every other game.

1. Is Prims vote a sheep?

2. Is sheeping scummy?

I would like as many responses as possible. That includes you, ether, who I see lurking there.

But there will be no actions without votes prims. Your stupid sheep wouldn't have been made if Paperblade didn't vote, Paperblade's vote may not have been made if I voted. etc etc. Like it or not voting is the quickest way to start discussion, and so that's what I did. Want people to talk? Take the initiative. Oh wait, you're probably just as bad as kay when it comes to talking.

Yeah, based on this, you evidently haven't taken the time to step back and think about what I was trying to do when I made the vote (hint: the proper answer isn't "get you D1 lynched by starting an baseless two-person wagon within the first 24 hours of Cycle 1") so I don't see the point in arguing. I'll answer your questions to amuse you, though.

1. Nope

2. Not when it's being thrown around as buzzword used to discredit somebody

Oh and so this doesn't become me vs some other smart player like in every other game.

2. Is sheeping scummy?

I would like as many responses as possible. That includes you, ether, who I see lurking there.

1) I personally wouldn't have probably classified it as such, though I could see some arguement being made for it. It all depends on the definitions. If by "sheep" you mean any vote without a stated reason for it, then yes, it would be. However, I generally tend to classify votes as sheep only if they're in the middle of a train, and solely (or primarily) for the sake of securing the lynch. Now, granted, the lynch window in a 12p game is a lot smaller than in say an 18p, coming in at 6-7 rather than 9-10. But I would still say an early stack of pressure is not a sheep. I mean, nobody is going to cave to a pressure of one vote, and would it really have been less of a "sheep" if Prims had simply said "vote name. because adding pressure"? No, that's just silly.

2) Sheeping is often a null-tell. It can be indicative of poor play on the part of uninformed townies, or it can be due to mafia attempting to blend in. Any single instance of sheep is generally not enough to render a verdict, but if you see a steady train of behaviour, or when this tell is added to other tells, that's when you really want to really wake up and start paying attention.

That said, I don't think this kind of reaction is completely unexpected from you, but it has been noted. The day is still very young, and we definitely should continue to explore our options. So to that end I guess I will "sheep" onto someone myself.

##Vote: Ether

Let's see if you have something interesting to say here.

Allow me to answer Kirsche's questions with a demonstration.

##Vote: Ether

Because you haven't talked yet. Even if the game did start like not long ago.

I presume the shown role is an example, not a real role in the game. But yes, that person should self target until people are believed to be town, and then use their action on that person and on themselves (since the target can use their action twice...).

Now, what Primis did was absolutely sheeping, copying votes without even as much as giving reasons. But at this point, I don't think it's suspicious.

I hate to do this to you Kaoz, as well as everyone playing, but I should have been thinking before I agreed to the invitation. I'm gonna give it a bit more thought, but chances are I will be subbing out shortly.

wonderful another sub

Also ##Unvote

I would like everybody's thoughts on the "Tezuka Kunimitsu" role paper that drifted down. Are we to simply assume this is the traditional "Here's an example role so the mafia have something to go off of when fake-claiming", or do you think this is actually a role that exists? Because if so, that sort of role is very dangerous to shoot blindly with. If somebody has this role, for cycle 1, a self-target, even if the mod rules it invalid, is probably better than giving the mafia a shot at double kills.

I'd assume it's a sample town role PM for the mafia to look at, if anything.

Start a bandwagon means to start sheeping. And a wagon can have just one person, that one person still decided to vote without any logical thought.

Now you see, most people when they make a joke vote give some kind of indication it is a joke vote. If you don't do that then I'm going to have to assume it's serious, and if it's serious then you're sheeping pretty hard and are doing exactly what the scum want and want to do.

So wait.

You're getting pissy over two votes.

Two votes, and you start screaming at Prims, over a random vote which, though rather scummy, is almost certainly random at this point of the game.

Paperblade pretty much put it better than me, pointing out the OMGUS and everything, so I'll just leave it at that.

Oh yeah, ##Vote: Kevin. I know Ether may appear scummy because inactive, but at least so far it seems as though he has a reason for it.

2. Is sheeping scummy?

1. Define "sheep". If by that, you mean "just following another vote for no reason", then yes, obviously it's a sheep. However, given the fact it's C1 in NOC, where no one knows anything else, it's something no one would get too scared over.

Unless they were, you know, mafia and were desperate to push any suspicion off them ASAP.

2. Not really on C1, no.

...... Whaaaaaat

Prims had plenty of reasoning behind that vote.

I just... ugh.

Kevin

anyway I need to catch up and actually do something, hold on a moment

Oh wait, it had been a random vote at first but your reaction is a pretty nice reason to keep it there v:

Whoops, I thought he'd voted later than that.

Kevin why do you always do this

This is NOC

We are in the Random Voting Stage

Key word is Random

This is done to see how people react to votes

You reacted extremely poorly

nice OMGUS etc

Isn't this what Kevin does every D1?

scroll scroll scroll

The worst thing is I can't tell if Kevin is mafia or not because he literally always does this

yep

Except he seems even more neurotic than usual.

The purpose of Prims's actions isn't immediately obvious, but I can see something in there that isn't necessarily scummy. CAN YOU?

##Vote: Kevin

dance, motherfucker

2. Is sheeping scummy?

1. No. <_< I actually had the intent of voting you too for randomized reasons before I saw three votes on you already. Seriously, dude, calm down. You're acting completely irrational over a couple of votes. Prims is just playing the game.

2. It really highly depends on the situation. I wouldn't say 'sheeping' is a solid scumtell on everyone in every circumstance, as every 'scumtell' so happens to be.

Since the same thing has been asked several times and no one seems to be getting it, there were no sign-ups. Kaoz hand picked the players for this game, and that's why I feel so crummy about asking for a sub. You did not miss the sign-ups, there were none.

Of course, this does raise the question of why Kaoz did it this way.

Maybe we'll find out at postgame?

I have my reasons for doing it this way and will explain them after the game.

I almost forgot that players at SF almost never fucking read posts. :rolleyes: