Prince of Tennis Mafia - Game Over

Kaoz

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This.

Which is what I felt Kay just did with that last post, so I'm just going to kind of note that down.

You're saying I was just folding to make people happy? You're referring to me saying I didn't care if Kevin thought I should be policy lynched?, I assume? Because that definitely wasn't my intention, I was just feeling contrary, and I couldn't think of a good way to annoy him.

People believing that "If I were scum" is a hard scumtell is baffling to me. I have never found it to be particularly problematic unless it's used to delibrately invoke retarded WIFOM along the lines of "if I were scum I wouldn't do something that scummy", but I don't think people actually do that aside from newbies. <_< The other option is to just let an unfounded attack on me fly.

Naglfar poked me for "grasping at straws" which gives off the impression that he thought I only voted JB because I felt I absolutely had to and needed to BS reasons for it. Scum!me wouldn't have needed to BS reasons against JB (or even vote anybody if he decided to vote Kevin). Is my vote on JB a towntell? Probably not, but I don't think Naglfar's attack is really valid.

I don't recall trying to meta anybody.

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to elaborate on my vote for Kevin.

First, he went ballistic for very little reason, but I suppose that's better than the apathy show in the past few games. Second, that blurb about always asking for a reason to lynch is silly, coming from him. Meta's not the best way to judge someone, but from my experiences, both as a host and a player, Kevin is noisiest when he's scum. There's still a lot of time left in the day, though, so I'm content to vote for him and let him explain himself better.

People believing that "If I were scum" is a hard scumtell is baffling to me. I have never found it to be particularly problematic unless it's used to delibrately invoke retarded WIFOM along the lines of "if I were scum I wouldn't do something that scummy", but I don't think people actually do that aside from newbies. <_< The other option is to just let an unfounded attack on me fly.

Naglfar poked me for "grasping at straws" which gives off the impression that he thought I only voted JB because I felt I absolutely had to and needed to BS reasons for it. Scum!me wouldn't have needed to BS reasons against JB (or even vote anybody if he decided to vote Kevin). Is my vote on JB a towntell? Probably not, but I don't think Naglfar's attack is really valid.

I don't recall trying to meta anybody.

Sorry, meant trying to tell us what you'd do if you were scum. You haven't been here much, so it's hard to say.

I never actually said what I'd do as scum. I just pointed out that as scum I would have had an option that would have probably been more ideal.

I don't actually know what I would have done in that situation as scum. :shrug: Doesn't really matter.

...how is that grasping at straws? Is it because I moved my vote onto somebody who the crowd wasn't already voting? Scum!me would have already had an excuse to sit around on the Kevin wagon instead of attempting original scumhunting if he wanted to do so. I don't think I would have gotten attacked for it either.

I can explain my thought process on why Kevin probably isn't worth lynching at this point if you want it. I already explained why I think JB is scummy.

JB basically instantly negated his "rather scummy" remark, so while that post as a whole could have been worded better, I found it odd that you decided to cling to it.

Do explain. We'd all like to hear it, I'm sure.

Also seriously Levity why are you attacking everybody but the person you're voting

i don't know

i kind of attacked him already; he hasn't even posted content yet

and neither has tables really

since when did i have one

"uuuugh sf mafia sf mafia all my contempt, you are shitty players and i hate you"

I dunno, apparently you've had bad experiences, but if I recall correctly you quit here before I even started playing so at least don't lump me together with whatever you resent about this site just yet.

@Naglfar: If that was the post you took issue with, then you could have linked to it instead of the one where I initially voted him. <_<

I still don't feel satisfied with JB's post. It's along the lines of "what Prims did could maybe be perceived as scummy in some situations, but I'm going to jump on you anyway". He's conceding points to the person he's attacking while making the attack and it doesn't sit well with me as a bandwagon hop.

Levity cut: So? Posting is pro-town, and if Snike is a townie then he'll show up to post when he gets the chance. If he uses what I'm saying as an excuse to lurk out the game as much as possible, then we can LALu the fuck out of him later on. Hunting lurkers during early day 1 is a waste of good votes, in my opinion, given that during ED1 it is incredibly possible that people just haven't posted content because they haven't had time to post serious content since the day got serious. If anything it's an excuse for people to look like they're making their vote useful without actually making it useful.

To elaborate further, JB's post still gives off the impression of "I can see where you could be coming from as a townie, but ___". That doesn't look like honest scumhunting to me. If you think the person who you're attacking's actions could be interpreted as townie, then you should explain why you think the actions are more likely to come from scum in this particular scenario.

"uuuugh sf mafia sf mafia all my contempt, you are shitty players and i hate you"

I dunno, apparently you've had bad experiences, but if I recall correctly you quit here before I even started playing so at least don't lump me together with whatever you resent about this site just yet.

Uh, that's not what I meant by "I'm playing SF mafia at 1am"

I meant that I'm probably not so lucid with my opinions right now, and SF D1s for me are either me not posting at all because I forget I'm in the game or I post long trains that don't make sense

I'm not berating SF players for anything. <_< Or, at least I wasn't in that particular post.

Hunting lurkers during early day 1 is a waste of good votes, in my opinion, given that during ED1 it is incredibly possible that people just haven't posted content because they haven't had time to post serious content since the day got serious. If anything it's an excuse for people to look like they're making their vote useful without actually making it useful.

I could just do my usual thing and not vote D1 and be useless

##Unvote: Snike

##Vote: Kay

My initial suspicion, whatever, it might change, I guess there was no real point in taking my vote off before

@Naglfar: If that was the post you took issue with, then you could have linked to it instead of the one where I initially voted him. <_<

JB's post? You linked to it yourself. Besides, I linked to the exact post I took issue with.

Paperblade's meta was similar, but not the same: "I can't tell if Kevin is mafia or not because he does this every game."

Well, he does. Kevin overreacts and tends to have crazy reasoning. If I wanted to really meta I could look at how he played in Schoolboy Mafia where he was scum and compare it to SFMM where he was town or something.

Also I'm not sure about the "If I were scum..." thing. I feel like every time someone makes that argument it's a ridiculous WIFOM argument since otherwise they would have a better argument. Then again, I guess there are times when you're arguing that if you were scum you would have done something that would give you a huge advantage etc. I don't think that applies to what Prims is talking about but...

Also I'm not sure about the "If I were scum..." thing. I feel like every time someone makes that argument it's a ridiculous WIFOM argument since otherwise they would have a better argument.

If you want a super simple argument then I could just point out that most ED1 cases tend to be along the lines of "grasping at straws" anyway because there are no flips to work with. <_< Some are just worse than others, and I don't think my reasons for voting JB are that bad. But I still think his argument wasn't really valid based on what I said. People usually don't really grasp at straws unless they're forced to do so as far as I'm aware (because if they aren't then they would have something better to grasp onto).

OK I might as well explain before I go

To elaborate further, JB's post still gives off the impression of "I can see where you could be coming from as a townie, but ___". That doesn't look like honest scumhunting to me. If you think the person who you're attacking's actions could be interpreted as townie, then you should explain why you think the actions are more likely to come from scum in this particular scenario.

I thought I did explain why it seemed more like Kevin was scum, because of the way he reacted to the two votes on him. It seemed kind of... panicky? to me, immediately throwing his vote back at Prims. Now that I look at it again I think it was more he had an issue with Prims' vote instead of the fact he was getting votes early, but if anything, it was a pretty huge overreaction over a single vote in the first phase of the game.

ED1 = Early Day 1 (translates to cycle 1 in this case)

LALu = Lynch All Lurkers (Lu instead of L because LAL already means Lynch All Liars)

In other news, why do we need to NL on Cycle 1? That's basically asking for a 144-hour long D1, and last I checked nobody really enjoys D1 enough to desire that.

LALu is a policy: Lynch All Lurkers

ED1 idk, I assume something like End of Day 1?

also

##Unvote, ##Vote: eclipse

You were the last vote on Kevin and your reasoning was "Look how he acted when he was town!"

I don't trust Kevin when he's noisy. He's being really noisy this time. I do want him to come in here and talk, but I'm pretty sure he's off having a life right now. Besides, this phase (and all subsequent phases) won't end early. Even if majority is reached, it won't stick unless it holds out for over 48 hours. At this point, I don't see that happening.