This is an ambassador game.

Esaka

This is great. Not only is this a great way to open up the casual crowd about FE and help sales, especially since it's so easy in comparison to other games. But it's also going to increase interest and thus increases the chances of FE13 coming stateside.

Not bad Ninty, not bad.

Wow, I've got to admit it. This is quite a surprise. I doubt this will push Fire Emblem anywhere near the mainstream, but it's a very nice gesture of faith by Nintendo .

I just looked at the rest of the line-up. Nintendo did not half-ass it at all.

Edited by Mousefire

Just mentioning one thing.

The bigger screen is great for FE8. The artwork is great in detail, not too small to not appreciate like the original and not too big to be all pixelated (a major gripe for roms)

Given the list is the same for all regions, no chance this means FE12 has any chance of not getting boned by NoA.

I still think they might still be working on FE12's translation, I heard that the Xenoblade Chronicles was released in Japan in 2010 and they are going to release the NA version on April 2012 was 2 years after the Japanese Release and also the Pokemon Red & Blue for the Game Boy was released in Japan in 1996 and US in 1998, Super Mario Bros. 3 for the NES was released in Japan in 1988 and US in 1990, and the Professor Layton #2 to #4 (#2 was released in Japan in 2007 and US in 2009, #3 was released in Japan in 2008 and US in 2010, #4 was released in Japan in 2009 and US in 2011 was released 2 years after the Japanese release. So, there might be a chance that they might be going to be release on Outside of Japan some how, possibly next year.

Edited by King Marth 64

Just mentioning one thing.

The bigger screen is great for FE8. The artwork is great in detail, not too small to not appreciate like the original and not too big to be all pixelated (a major gripe for roms)

Emulators have built-in filters to mitigate pixelation at larger resolutions, if for some reason you're against it. And the filters are based on actual shading algorithms meant to smooth out pixelated images. The 3DS just blurs everything out of proportion :/

I got it myself. I still have the original GBA version as well as the ROM. FE8 is my favorite handheld FE game so...yeah. The 3DS screen is slightly bigger compared to all 3 GBA variations (Original, SP and Micro). Still, gettingh FE8 inspired me to finish my Sacred Stones Fanfic ^_^

I didn't like most of the other Ambassador games (only FE8 and Metroid Fusion interested me) but I'll deal. I played them all before so...yeah >.>;

You can also play in the original resolution by holding SELECT or START when starting the game from the menu. The size is the exact same as the Game Boy Micro, since both consoles have the exact same DPI.

This is great, though. Any exposition FE gets outside of Japan is good exposition.

I checked the Nintendo eShop and the Description said:

"Original Release Date: May 2005

The kindom of Renais lies in ruins, shattered by a sudden

invasion from a former ally. Guide the royal heirs, Eirika and Ephraim, on

their twin quest to rebuild Renais and discover the dark secret behind the war

that has torn their homeland apart.

Prepare and build your army! Will your cavalier become a paladin, or will he sacrifice speed for power and become a great knight? With multiple class-changes to choose from, how your characters level-up is up to you! Plan your strategy to take advantage of your strengths and exploit your enemy's weakness. Guide your soldiers carefully--if they fall in battle, they're gone forever!"

And I checked the File Size on the Nintendo 3DS storage, its 140 Blocks.

Edited by King Marth 64

I checked the Nintendo eShop and the Description and it said:

"Original Release Date: May 2005

The kindom of Renais lies in ruins, shattered by a sudden

invasion from a former ally. Guide the royal heirs, Eirika and Ephraim, on

their twin quest to rebuild Renais and discover the dark secret behind the war

that has torn their homeland apart.

Prepare and build your army! Will yourcavalier become a paladin, or will he sacrifice speed for powerand become a great knight? With multiple class-changes to choose from, how your characters level-upis up to you! Plan your strategy to take advantage of yourstrengths and exploit your enemy's weakness. Guideyour soldiers carefully--if they fall in battle, they're gone forever!"

And I checked the File Size on the Nintendo 3DS storage, its 140 Blocks.

This text is reused from somewhere, but I'm not sure where? Probably the back of the original box art, or maybe the manual.