This is an ambassador game.

Esaka

I still think they might still be working on FE12's translation, I heard that the Xenoblade Chronicles was released in Japan in 2010 and they are going to release the NA version on April 2012 was 2 years after the Japanese Release and also the Pokemon Red & Blue for the Game Boy was released in Japan in 1996 and US in 1998, Super Mario Bros. 3 for the NES was released in Japan in 1988 and US in 1990, and the Professor Layton #2 to #4 (#2 was released in Japan in 2007 and US in 2009, #3 was released in Japan in 2008 and US in 2010, #4 was released in Japan in 2009 and US in 2011 was released 2 years after the Japanese release. So, there might be a chance that they might be going to be release on Outside of Japan some how, possibly next year.

Someone (GS/EB) had to PAY NoA to release the alreddy translated Xenoblade, and that isn't even on a succeeded platform.

Edited by deuxhero

• 2 weeks later...

There's two threads on the 3DS board on Gamefaqs where people are bitching about Fire Emblem's trademark Perma-Death.

I have to keep reminding myself not everyone here has been playing the Fire Emblem Games for 10+ years.

Perma-death is the series' trademark feature. You lose a unit and you have 2 options:

1. Move on or

2. Restart the battle

If a Lord dies (in the case of SS the Lords being Eirika and Ephraim) or the battle's story character dies it's instant Game Over. Luckily, the Lords traditionally steamroll everything except Draco Zombies, Lyon and Fomortiis (unless they're blessed by the RNG Gods with HIGH HP, Skill, Luck and Speed) in one exchange so...yeah.

If you're THAT worried about losing a Unit then level them in the Tower of Valni or Lagdou Ruins (unlocked after Rausten Court cleared in story mode) for an hour or two. Remember the Sacred Weapons add +5 to a base stat depending on the weapon so use that to your advantage.

A Protip for the final two bosses in the game: ONLY use Units with 40+ HP with HIGH Res against them. Otherwise prepare to lose most of your units. Fomotiis has 150 HP so you want to ensure the unit he attacks on his phase can survive so you can heal him and repeat, etc.

A second protip for the final battle: the enemies above Lyon respawn until you kill him, granting you an infinite XP source. Save the Sacred Weapons for Lyon and Fomortiis as well. If you go into Fomortiis without Latona you'd better have a Fortify or two instead.

I don't think anyone here has really been complaining about permadeath. (Here, GameFAQs is a different story.)

How many topics have you copy-pasted that comment into, anyway?

And no, those enemies above Lyon are not infinite.

This is actually the only other place I've pasted that xD

...And yes they do spawn indefinitely until you place 3 units there. I redid that fight Eirika's Route last week to know xD

Shame this game can't be even bought. I'd be willing to pay a few quid for this despite already owning it on cart just for the sake of having it on my 3DS.

idk but a bunch of my friends bought this game and they were somewhat addicted to it- easy mode on SS was a challenge for them but they're new at the game anyway v_v I mean my first playthrough in Blazing Sword was horrible (but Marcus was one of my top endgame units despite having like 15 Speed, so at least I didn't avoid Marcus like most newbies are told to). But it just goes to show that Fire Emblem didn't get enough publicity through adverts and what have you.

• 1 month later...

I know this is a necropost, but I have an urgent question. My internet connection did't work for a couple of months so I could't join the ambassador program.

I looked around and saw I still had the ability to get the 20 free games, but I have no idea how to get them. I went to a site where I had to give the code from the back of my 3ds to register myself and i've received a conformation that my 3ds qualified for the program.

I've tried looking at "your downloads" like I saw on the help site, but nothing apeared.

Thanks in advance.

(Edit):I did buy it before the price drop btw.

Edited by Sasori

Hopefully this isn't obvious, but are you using Nintendo's own help site?

Also, did you make sure to do this?

Nintendo 3DS owners are eligible for the Ambassador Program if they connected to the Nintendo eShop or performed a system update before 11:59pm Eastern August 11, 2011.

(I'm not 100% sure if this step is needed, you may want to contact Nintendo if you're unsure.)

I was introduced to FE through the Ambassador programme. I didn't become a fan immediately though. I had a rough start where I got bored quickly but the game grew on me very quickly.

So it quickly grew on you quickly?

GRAMMAR NAZI! :awesome:

But glad to see the game has brought in new fans, even happier to see them on sites like this :P