Trust, Privacy and Reason

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not mean to go so far as to suggest that I condemn him for his opinion - it is his right to feel as he does and, as some would have it, his duty to stay true to himself (I personally feel that inconsistency is a sweet poison well worth partaking in). I merely wish to exhibit that sorrow that one feels when, taking pleasure in something, one finds that another cannot find the same joy in it and that this other must range in other pursuits in order to find fulfillment of a (roughly) similar magnitude.

You believe inconsistency is tempting? Well, in such a case as this, were he to be inconsistent with how he truly felt, he would say that he enjoyed his books. A true error, as were he to preach that lie, then he might be subjected to the insistence of bibliophiles such as ourselves that he dive into certain heavy pieces that, in truth, would only cause him more suffering. Thus, inconsistency in this specific instance is but a poison, and that is its only quality.

Though your revelation of despondency is quite understandable as I, too, am wrought with sadness that there is an individual who cannot find it in himself to appreciate an incredible entity known as the book.