What do you think are the best and worst promotions in FE?

CrashGordon94

Still like, 6 res isn't exactly stellar against them either.

I just find something that can maybe oneshot and hope for the best.

You'd have to put some serious Mt on a Wyrmslayer of Dragonpike or use the Divinestone to get rid of Mage Dragons in one hit.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Forging exists. Point? That was basically the job of Abel forever anyway. Kill shit, move on. Either way I didn't find them too troublesome.

Weren't the A ranks also effective against those fuckers, or am I remembering wrong? Haven't played SD ever since my DS died.

Weren't the A ranks also effective against those fuckers, or am I remembering wrong? Haven't played SD ever since my DS died.

Nope, they weren't. There's Falchion, though I wouldn't expect Marth to knock a mage dragon out in one hit.

Edited by Metal King Slime

Abel's alright in NM and H1 on FE12 which I've played, but didn't wreck things like OgmaxNavarre hot Yaoi duo. Not sure if I can use him at the higher difficulties though. Him and Malice---I heard Malice might be reaaaaaally borderline on Lunatic if sufficient resources are given to her, and Abel is downright unusable there. :<

And they're my favorite characters too ; n;

Jeorge is hot though

Gordin went from weird looking to pretty cute in the timespan of 3 years.

On Topic: Eliwood's promotion is actually pretty good, going from a monosword on foot to basically a Paladin with slightly different caps. Just that Eliwood himself most likely doesn't have sufficient stats to perform well even with this better class.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Worst: Uhhh. . .DS Pegasus Knight -> whatever Minerva is. . .because losing stats isn't the point. . .

I must that I kinda sorta agree. Dracoknights are :awesome: otherwise but seeing things go DOWN on promotion (not matter how trivial) makes me go :sob:.

Oh, and I can't ever seem to make use of their Axe Rank. :/:

I must that I kinda sorta agree. Dracoknights are :awesome: otherwise but seeing things go DOWN on promotion (not matter how trivial) makes me go :sob:.

And now you know why I'm so scornful of Great Knights relative to Paladins.

Edited by Metal King Slime

Chapter 12 Arms Scroll for insta-Hand Axe. If you can somehow get them to C Axes, they wreck Armors like no tomorrow.

Oh, and the Draco speed cap is horrid.

Best: Prince/Princess => Masterknight... It always felt like evolving that level 5 magicarp from mount moon in pokemon red/blue back in the days.

Worst: FE4! Priest => High Priest

And now you know why I'm so scornful of Great Knights relative to Paladins.

That's not new actually, I kinda feel the same way.

Chapter 12 Arms Scroll for insta-Hand Axe. If you can somehow get them to C Axes, they wreck Armors like no tomorrow.

Oh, and the Draco speed cap is horrid.

True stuff, but I often have other uses for the C12 Arms Scroll.

Caps don't bother me much in FE11 since I don't do Wi-Fi.

I don't feel the 23 speed cap is as big of an issue in SD as it is in New Mystery, though. In H5 it just prevents doubling on some stuff. In NMLunatic OH HELLO CAPPED SPEED BERSERKERS WITH LIKE 50ATK~ I didn't have any Falcos when I played H5, and nothing of value was lost.

At least in NM Elysian Whips are non-wifi items and there's multiple so Catri/Palla/etc can go Falco instead.

The 23 Speed cap also means less doubling. Looks like a fair number of enemies have 20-21 AS on H5 (which a max speed Pally can double, but a Draco can't. . .and one of those enemies is Camus).

I believe I mentioned that already. It's not fun, but not as bad as being doubled.

Then again, since I don't draft, No one stays in one class, ever. Abel himself spans Paladin/Dracoknight/Sniper depending on what I want for the chapter.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

You'll, uh, just have to trust me when I say that being able to double Camus on any mode makes life easier for me. Reclassed Caeda with Wing Spear should alleviate the headache that is Camus.

Luckily, it looks like the only thing that can consistently double your max speed units is Medeus. But he smells like an old man.

Does this have to just be about gameplay improvements?

Because I think FE6/7 Nomad -> Nmd Trooper is pretty awesome aesthetically. As a nomad you kinda just derp around on a horse, shoot bows, twirl bows for crits, all the same stuff that archers do, le yawn. And then you promote and you get to swing a sword with a pretty decent animation, sword crit with a ridiculous animation, and your pony turns gold which is like way cooler than the white ponies that Paladins and Valkyries get.

Plus, they totally have the best class roll description:

A title earned by combat-hardened nomads.

Sword-swinging, arrow-flinging warriors.

Does this have to just be about gameplay improvements?

Because I think FE6/7 Nomad -> Nmd Trooper is pretty awesome aesthetically. As a nomad you kinda just derp around on a horse, shoot bows, twirl bows for crits, all the same stuff that archers do, le yawn. And then you promote and you get to swing a sword with a pretty decent animation, sword crit with a ridiculous animation, and your pony turns gold which is like way cooler than the white ponies that Paladins and Valkyries get.

Plus, they totally have the best class roll description:

And then we wonder how Rath, SHin, Sue, and Dayan were able to have kids.........

10 FOOT JUMP IN THE AIR-THEN WE COME CRASHING DOWN ON AN ARCHED SURFACE.

NTs MUST HAVE BALLS OF STEEL!!!!

Worst: Uhhh. . .DS Pegasus Knight -> whatever Minerva is. . .because losing stats isn't the point. . .

Even despite losing res and mag (lol mag), I think this is really the best promotion FEDS has to offer. The str and def gains are huge.

But res that low is pretty negligible and the massive 5 def bonus makes up for it imo.

I wouldn't call it negligible; on H5 every point of res counts if you need to survive 2 attacks from a mage or mage dragon with a Pure Water.