asdfghjklgel

Ansem

Gel is, indeed, a little bitch.

I like Sacae route, too, but I don't like my best bosskiller having deathchances against this guy unless absurdly hp/def blessed or overleveled to hell.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

To be completely fair, I also had some minor issues with Gel, as well.

49 displayed hit(56 with Clarine support)with a killing edge against something with 33 crit against you(18 with Clarine support)is not fun. At least Rutgar had 49HP/17 def at 16/9 going into Chapter 19, so he could take a crit+hit and live.

Bors might have been fair game too(in my PT, he took no damage from Gel), except that he only had 42 displayed hit on the bastard with a killer lance, and didn't have supports to make up for it(though an OJ support would've significantly helped(+15 hit/crit), which was moot since Dieck was on the brink of promoting when OJ joined.)

Edited by darkandroid125

I'unno, having the player always be vastly superior to the enemies' accuracy (in normal playthroughs) isn't exactly "good design" itself. It was and is a nice change of pace to have the player be put in the same disadvantage as pretty much all enemies in the rest of the series are placed in.

So you like bad game design? Kind of strange coming from you, but not totally unexpected.

It made Skill a far more useful stat. I actually preferred the lower hit rates in Sword of Seals, though it was a bit too extreme at times. ^_^

Yeah as much as I like FE6 compared to the other GBAs running around with an average of 60 ish hit is kinda not very cool. Except bows, swords which I don't wanna use all the time especially when I'm getting Dieck's axe rank up, and Clarine x Rutger.

I'm not sure you comprehended my metaphor.

I did. It just does not follow, given the compounded range of abilities players can dick with in Fire Emblem, and the singular coin-flip coin-flipping is limited to. Were Fire Emblem's gameplay solely dependent on accuracy, to the point of an inability to play, you could rightly make the contrast. But I've never seen the game be played in such a limiting manner without setting up artificial, imaginary barriers to make it so--you have to alter the gameplay experience in order for it to even resemble coin-flipping implications.

I dunno, FE6's accuracy is downright painful sometimes. It may be my favorite GBA, but it's still got plenty of issues with 60ish hitrates on average. For some reasons I thought it was 80 (which I would call acceptable since that's like 90 something true and missing once in a while on casual runs is to be expected) before until I played it again recently. Rutger and SklBlessed!Clarine were the only ones with almost reliable accuracy on the entire team (since apparently even 100 hit isn't to be trusted in FE6 due to some error or something) and missing often was pretty damn painful. It was just a little better than a coin toss at times. It's not like I can solo the entire game with Rutger or something, though that'd be nice.

I'd imagine Dondon faces even worse hitrates since he plays a lot faster with no growths so there's no chance of SklBlessed!Clarine or 3-stat Capping Rutger or stuff like that.

Edited by Luminescent Blade