Which do you pefer for 3D Classic: Fire Emblem Gaiden or Remake of Fire Emblem Gaiden on the Nintendo 3DS?

King Marth 64

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you pefer on the Fire Emblem Gaiden on the Nintendo 3DS?

• 3D Classic: Fire Emblem Gaiden
    • Remake of Fire Emblem Gaiden (after they release the FE12 for worldwide and Fire Emblem 3DS)
    • Downloadable Version for a Remake of Fire Emblem Gaiden
    • Not sure for right now
  2. 2. Fix Alm's hair color (His is Green, but looks Blue in the Game)

3. 3. Recolor the Some of the Minor Bosses Portraits

4. 4. Rated or Worldwide

• Everyone +10
    • Everyone +10 (without too many bad words)
    • Teen
  5. 5. Battle Screen Change

• Add the Background instead of Black
    • Fine as is

Ok, I'll start making a poll for deciding for the Fire Emblem Gaiden for Nintendo 3DS, since Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones came out for the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Program as one of the Ten GBA Titles for the 3DS Virtual Console. I will start and you can decide which pefer which is good.

Which pefer for a 3D Classic: Fire Emblem Gaiden or a Remake of Fire Emblem Gaiden?

Edited by King Marth 64

The 3D classic games take a lot of work to actually get working, to the point where Nintendo had to actually reprogram how sprites and graphics even operate on the NES, adding layers where there never were. This was said in one of those Nintendo interviews somewhere. They stressed that by the end of the project (Excitebike) they should have just remade the game entirely and saved a lot of unnecessary modification, that making a new original project would have been more efficient.

I want a remake no matter what though, the Chinese one just isn't too great (it's as much a remake as FE11 was of FE1 :E )

I'd prefer a complete remake rather than a port, if only for the sake of saying that FE2 got the same love as FE1 and FE3 did.

I think it's an interesting coincidence how FE2, FE8, and FE13 all share the navigable world map feature. Maybe it's a sign!

By "recolor generic boss portraits" I hope you mean give them different ones because there's quite a few that are the same.

Heck, the semi-final boss is a recolor. That's just not right.

A lot of the FE bosses in the NES FEs were palette swaps. Misheil was a palette swap of Navarre, Gharnef was a palette swap of Bantu, Jiol was a palette swap of Lawrence and nearly all the bosses had the same portrait.

Edited by Dark Sage

A lot of the FE bosses in the NES FEs were palette swaps. Misheil was a palette swap of Navarre, Gharnef was a palette swap of Bantu, Jiol was a palette swap of Lawrence and nearly all the bosses had the same portrait.

Misheil and Garnef are not palette swaps, they include different tiles (Navarre lacks a pauldron on his right shoulder; Banetou has different eyes).

Jiol lacks an eyepatch.

A huge chunk of the graphics are already reserved for the portraits, and for some reason the portraits are wonkily dropped into the weirdest of places... (like the middle of battle animations). This really restricted the availability of space. With smaller resources, reusing tiles was an efficient way to get multiple characters in the game.

Oh, and since I totally forgot it last time, I have a real reason that Gaiden should have a true remake instead of just being re-released.

Matilda's hotness needs to be updated for a new generation and given gorgeous graphics.

Gaiden definitely wants a remake. Every other game in the series is either fine now (as good as it will ever be) or has been remade already, Gaiden has a lot of interesting features to offer the fanbase but in its original form it is awkward and difficult to play. Remake it so that everyone can enjoy it.

full remake made from a smaller group much like FE8 was. That way it isn't eye cancer and it won't be getting in the way of bigger projects, downloadable since it may not be the biggest hit in the world and since it's just plain easier distribution. Or something

and green hair, ffs. Green-haired Alm is love.