Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

Not black metal, but anyway~

Shit I used to be more into the ramifications of rock/metal, watched some documentaries (dunno how Headbanger's Journey holds up today)

Is heavy metal (and all of their variants) popular on the Philippines? I get the feeling that it might be more popular than in Brazil, at least nowadays

We have bands, but not really a scene (at least in Manila). We have more of a mainstream rock festival (Pulp Summer Slam) in the summer months that caters to the more plebe, err, mainstream crowds, although the organizers occasionally pander to the metalheads by bringing in a thrash or death metal act (this year it was Behemoth). In the central provinces like Cavite and Laguna, you have a few people playing and are into punk/HxC.

Further down south in Cebu and Davao, you have more of a scene, where people trade CD-Rs (sometimes cassettes STILL) of whatever project they're working on, and a lot of foreign underground acts frequent them more. Case in point, Archgoat (Finland) and Necrowretch (France) played in Davao a few weeks back. I missed that gig, so I'd be damned to miss Incantation. I still got tapes of their older albums (Onward to Golgotha & Mortal Throne of Nazarene), and here's to hoping I can get John McEntee to sign them (now, if I can only find the fuckers).

Edited by Karimlan

4 minutes ago, Nobody said:

lmao another governor of rio de janeiro in jail, which makes all of the elected ones since 1998, with the exception of the one that was just elected

what a shithole of a state

Only Benedita, who acted as governor for 9 months, isn't in jail. Crazy.

Now they have Whitney Houston as their governor, which is of course going to end well.

14 hours ago, FrostyFireMage said:

I'm playing Pokemon Blue right now ask me anything

Ah, brings back memories of searching Viridian Forest for a Pikachu. 

And that one time I caught Mewtwo using an Ultra Ball.

since posting here the last time worked, let's hope another shiny beldum appear soon, because i'm getting tired of multitasking.

I mean it's not like sos chaining and watching netflix at the same time is hard, but it's getting boring