• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, Яei Яei said:

Mattis' resignation is really weird.

Nah

he wants to be pillaging as many countries as possible at all times, like a REAL American 

Or did you think "defense" meant something else?

30 minutes ago, ChefGuevara said:

Nah

he wants to be pillaging as many countries as possible at all times, like a REAL American 

Or did you think "defense" meant something else?

sure, i get that

but like, the fact that some people, libs included, are complaining about trump in this case strikes at really bizarre

syrian war brought nothing good

it's a good thing that he's withdrawing the troops

36 minutes ago, Яei Яei said:

It's like the Anti-Vietnam.

If I had to guess, the concern probably has a sort of humanitarian crisis angle to it. Or a not doing what Putin wants angle to it. Possibly those things, I haven't been following it too closely though.

my concern is more that he's going to use that both as a point in his campaign, and use the money saved to a megalomaniacal masturbatory project

plus he's going to have time to wage war on venezuela and fuck us over too

50 minutes ago, Яei Яei said:

sure, i get that

but like, the fact that some people, libs included, are complaining about trump in this case strikes at really bizarre

syrian war brought nothing good

I think there are definitely some liberals who think that the US should intervene and actually stop the Assad regime

and it wouldn't necessarily be an invalid view, if it didn't rely on the US not doing terrible, terrible things at every possible opportunity 

11 minutes ago, Яei Яei said:

my concern is more that he's going to use that both as a point in his campaign, and use the money saved to a megalomaniacal masturbatory project

plus he's going to have time to wage war on venezuela and fuck us over too

I'm genuinely unsure that Venezuela can get more fucked but you're probably right 

7 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Nah, y'all don't need him for that.

while we don't need him, he's exerting a ton of influence on the current government and bolton/pompeo are even worse

we are going to be proxies ffs

1 minute ago, ChefGuevara said:

I think there are definitely some liberals who think that the US should intervene and actually stop the Assad regime

and it wouldn't necessarily be an invalid view, if it didn't rely on the US not doing terrible, terrible things at every possible opportunity 

I'm genuinely unsure that Venezuela can get more fucked but you're probably right 

i think isis has been pratically defeated. the usa, in this situation, was more of a tuxedo mask meme than anything - even kurdistan, with their makeshift tanks, got huge wins over isis, which leads me to believe this war has been going on needlessly for too fucking long (as well as iraq's and afghanistan's)

fuck man, people here are unreasonable to talk to, they gloss over ksa's way more absurd and internationally abhorrent dictatorship and focus solely on venezuela like it is some sort of Cambodian/USSR nightmare mix

a lot of people seem to fucking enjoy war and violence here, glorifying military police officers (who are underpaid, underprepared, and a safe haven for power-hungry maniacs)

shit

i mentioned to a "friend" that one PM pointed a gun at me for dating his sister, to illustrate how fucking abusive that organization is (that example barely scratches the surface)

she says "oh but those are the silly ones!" and goes on to say "we should just kill all them bandits!"

advocating for fucking genocide o'er here dammit

1 hour ago, Яei Яei said:

while we don't need him, he's exerting a ton of influence on the current government and bolton/pompeo are even worse

we are going to be proxies ffs

i think isis has been pratically defeated. the usa, in this situation, was more of a tuxedo mask meme than anything - even kurdistan, with their makeshift tanks, got huge wins over isis, which leads me to believe this war has been going on needlessly for too fucking long (as well as iraq's and afghanistan's)

fuck man, people here are unreasonable to talk to, they gloss over ksa's way more absurd and internationally abhorrent dictatorship and focus solely on venezuela like it is some sort of Cambodian/USSR nightmare mix

a lot of people seem to fucking enjoy war and violence here, glorifying military police officers (who are underpaid, underprepared, and a safe haven for power-hungry maniacs)

shit

i mentioned to a "friend" that one PM pointed a gun at me for dating his sister, to illustrate how fucking abusive that organization is (that example barely scratches the surface)

she says "oh but those are the silly ones!" and goes on to say "we should just kill all them bandits!"

advocating for fucking genocide o'er here dammit

ISIS wasn't necessarily the sole goal though 

like the idea, at some point at least, was helpling the rebels to overthrow the government 

and are they vilifying Venezuela that much in Brazil? Jesus 

and yeah I'll believe that people idolize the military

...those poor Paraguayans 

10 hours ago, ChefGuevara said:

ISIS wasn't necessarily the sole goal though 

like the idea, at some point at least, was helpling the rebels to overthrow the government 

and are they vilifying Venezuela that much in Brazil? Jesus 

and yeah I'll believe that people idolize the military

...those poor Paraguayans 

which is fucking stupid as well, the rebels aren't that much better than isis and wouldn't exactly bring the stability desired, if they were to overthrow assad

they are. one of the main mottos of the far-right in brazil is tat they would prevent the venezuelization of the country, that our flag would never be red again etc

people here even idolize pinochet, dude. fuck this shit

7 hours ago, Яei Яei said:

which is fucking stupid as well, the rebels aren't that much better than isis and wouldn't exactly bring the stability desired, if they were to overthrow assad

they are. one of the main mottos of the far-right in brazil is tat they would prevent the venezuelization of the country, that our flag would never be red again etc

people here even idolize pinochet, dude. fuck this shit

I mean it's really just a proxy war so yeah

and yeah, i figure Venezuela is gonna be the boogeyman for right wing politicians all over the place for years to come

i mean Pinochet memes are already supposed to be big on 4chan so I'm not surprised