• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Karimlan said:

I honestly have not kept up with SVU, especially after they got rid of the smoking-hot Assistant DAs...

I'd guess the actress that plays Olivia Benson (that's her last name right?) and Ice-T are the only remaining original members of the cast.

I stopped watching SVU after Raul Esparza left the show. he played an ADA on the show.

Yup. Only Mariska Hargitay (plays Lt Olivia Benson) and Ice T remain from the cast in the first twelve seasons. I should note Ice T joined the show during season two so, that would make Mariska the only original cast member remaining if we're going from the first season. Ice T has the second longest tenure on the show.

Law and Order SVU, huh. I used to watch that show years ago.

Hmm, it doesn't surprise me, reading that most of the cast is no longer there.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I forgot, who was the one who colored the Member titles in red and green during December again? I partly think it should've happened already...

Y'know, the PT-BR translation of Mazinger Z: Infinity translated Breast Fire to Raio Laser.

While most of the other translations is alright, some names are just... off.

Hehehehe, rayo laser. Now I think of:

Ah, I get it. Infinity got the attack names right over here. I think Breast Fire was "Fuego de Pecho", which while not exactly right, it's accurate enough. At least, it's way better than the dub of the tv series. Breast Fire was Rayo Fotónico, or Photonic Beam, which was the name of another attack. The one where he fires the yellow beams from the... eyes, I think. That one was... Rayo Laser, or simply Rayo. I always found those dub choices wierd. Mostly since SRW taught me the attack names first. XD

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I think "Fogo Peitoral" (I guess it would be Fuego Pectoral in Spanish, please correct me if I'm wrong) would be better. They got Photonic Beam right, but Thunder Break was translated to Trovão Esmagador, which is... less than ideal.

Also Rust Hurricane was "Rajada Furacão".... ehhh...

23 minutes ago, Яei Яei said:

Y'know, the PT-BR translation of Mazinger Z: Infinity translated Breast Fire to Raio Laser.

While most of the other translations is alright, some names are just... off.

It bears mentioning that the Spaniard-made dub of DBZ changed the Kamehameha to "Onda Vital" (literally "Vital Wave")

it has been a meme ever since 

Yeah, Fuego Pectoral is also what I'd thought the attack would translate to. Although to me it's kinda odd-sounding, heh.

Over here Thunder Break was Trueno Destructor in Infinity. To be honest, I don't quite remember in what context is Break being used to say if Destructor is accurate. At the very least, Destruir, while being the translation of Destroy, it's a synonim to Break/Romper. Though again, not sure that's the Break that Thunder Break is going for. If it was Thunder Breaker, then it would've been accurate enough.

Rust Hurricane was Huracán Corrosivo, which is accurate.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Rust Hurricane could have such a good PT-BR translation in Furacão (de) Ferrugem...

Honestly I would translate Thunder Break to "Trovão Rompante", which not only sounds grandiose but is close to Thunder Break in meaning.

Now I got reminded on how the iconic Rocket Punch has never been translated as-is. Usually it's "Puños, fuera", which would be "Go, fists". Puño(s) Cohete would be more accurate, I'd think.

To this day, though, I still don't know why Baron Ashura became Barón Ashler.

OMG, I just found this, now I can't stop laughing.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

21 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

OMG, I just found this, now I can't stop laughing.

I didn't even need context to appreciate that. I still want some. Who is Shu?

27 minutes ago, ChefGuevara said:

What if I became an emo e-boy 

You'd probably be less happy and more digital.

10 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Shu Shirakawa, a character from Super Robot Wars. One of the OG (Original Generation). You can sort of guess his kind of character by the comments about him in that image. Suffice to say, he is the sort of guy you'd never see "picking up flowers".

... maybe...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

21 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

You'd probably be less happy and more digital.

The bar for happiness is pretty low atm

buuuuuuut you're probably right 

its a funny mental image, at least 

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Shu Shirakawa, a character from Super Robot Wars. One of the OG (Original Generation). You can sort of guess his kind of character by the comments about him in that image. Suffice to say, he is the sort of guy you'd never see "picking up flowers".

... maybe...

Was he the main bad guy or somethin'?

2 minutes ago, ChefGuevara said:

The bar for happiness is pretty low atm

buuuuuuut you're probably right 

its a funny mental image, at least 

Remember, if you're emo-

Take the L.

Because that will make you Elmo, and even when Elmo gets sad, his friends help cheer him up!

3 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Yes (in the sense he is/canbe the final boss in a few games), and no. It's complicated, to say the least. More so since there are at least three different SRW continuities where he appears, and in all three things are different enough for him to do different stuff and the like for his goals. At the end of the day, though, he's a good guy. Sort of.

16 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Remember, if you're emo-

Take the L.

Because that will make you Elmo, and even when Elmo gets sad, his friends help cheer him up!

...that's incredibly dumb, anon

i also kind of like it though? It at least got an ironic giggle out of me, good work 

6 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Why do you want to become an emo?

I don't