The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

Politicians have to do stuff that appeal to the masses and get them to vote for them, while people who actually care about politics can simply research and know what they support. Like, 99% of the time it's pretty easy to know what they're for. I don't think it's a bad thing at all that she can turn the dumb attacks republicans do to her into a positive, and again, she's pretty open about what she supports.

IDK if that guy is for or against her, but I seriously can't think of a single way Sanders is better than her.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people are cynical, but I'm so cynical, the people i'm the most cynical about are the ones who are cynical.

Like, I think everyone is doing things for their self interest, and that's irrelevant, what truly matters is if what they're doing is good or not. I don't give a fuck if someone is doing something just because it benefits them (I always assume people do it anyway), I just care about whether or not it's a good and right thing to do.

It's like that discussion we had yesterday, I don't give a fuck if corporations support good causes just because of profit, as long as it's a net positive on society; yeah coporations care about profit above all and I always assume they do everything for profit, it's a good thing if they can do a bit of good while getting their profit. Why should I care that they're doing something just for profit if it's something good?

That's how I think regulations should work. Make it so that the most profitable option for businesses is a good one for society. Rather than demonizing them, you can manipulate them so that they end up doing good stuff for society (e.g. taxing stuff that has a bad effect on society while giving incentives for them to do good stuff).

Edited by Nobody

i don't think that guy is against her. i believe he at least likes her, but it wasn't really criticising her to say that she's good at spin.

nor do I even really like him, lol. he does actually attract a pretty sizable right-wing fanbase because he's very much against SJWs in his videos moreso than anything else these days.

really, i'm more concerned about the ignorance aoc shows on geopolitical matters when she answers those questions. this is something that the more left-wing candidates in general have a blind spot on, because sanders and elizabeth warren are the same.

but well, if I go there I have to talk about how trump and the republicans don't know what they're fucking talking about either.

but regardless, i like AOC, but she's still only been in power for a very short time. we'll see how she does.

as for corporations, while a goal might be admirable, i question how much this actually helps, and if many will be convinced by a gillette ad. in fact, it seems like they have in fact lost business due to controversy, and it seems like that is the most likely case when corporations take political opinions on. if a corporation is mostly concerned about making profits like you said, you think they aren't going to ignore or even rescind that message in future if that's the case?

it's like the entire controversy about EA and Battlefield V. I'll actually be surprised if they kept up with the things they said because Battlefield sold so poorly, and it's fucking EA. Which is why I don't think they actually care.

though that's to say nothing about the nature of those controversies, because I think they are dumb.

Edited by Tryhard

10 hours ago, BLSoldier said:

Now how long will it be before she says to Republicans and centrist/conservative Democrats "git gud scrubs?"

I cannot wait to see politicians teabag each other one day.

"BREAKING NEWS: TRUMP TEABAGGED IMMIGRANTS AT THE BORDER BUT THEY LAUGHED AT HOW SMALL HIS TEABAG IS!"

20 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

as for corporations, while a goal might be admirable, i question how much this actually helps, and if many will be convinced by a gillette ad. in fact, it seems like they have in fact lost business due to controversy, and it seems like that is the most likely case when corporations take political opinions on. if a corporation is mostly concerned about making profits like you said, you think they aren't going to ignore or even rescind that message in future if that's the case?

I do agree that they don't really change much, but they act as a thermometer of society as a whole. If a big corporation is willing to do those sort of ads, it means that, in general, society is turning more progressive.

Because flip flopping won't do them any good. They won't recover the group they lost, but if they flip flop, they will lose another group. The truth is that they will probably either keep doing this sort of ads or just return to normal ones (rather than flip flop) and by the next month people will forget it, just like people forgot that dumb pepsi commercial everyone disliked.

In the grand scheme of things it might matter one way of the other, but people are impressionable, so it might make a small punctual difference,

Edited by Nobody

yes, I think that is more likely that they will stop rather than come out with an apology.

I just can't respect someone that doesn't truly believe in their convictions and is doing it for an ulterior motive. there is always some self-interest as part of humans, but to have the entire thing you're saying be determined by an ulterior motive is a lack of dignity.

if i wanted to get the most I could, I'd abandon my beliefs and make a youtube channel where I criticise SJWs all day, every day

on another note

looks good

Edited by Tryhard

that might sound spineless, but I don't care about values and principles at all, as long as the right thing is being done. I'd much rather have a politician doing the right thing just to get elected to office than an idealist who has values and principles but ends up failing.

I guess I just went as too much of a nihilist that I looped back into accepting things as they are for the greater good. I just don't believe in stuff like honor and good intentions. In other words, words and beliefs don't matter, what truly matter for me are actions.

Edited by Nobody

10 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

nobody, your nihilism makes me sad :(

haha why?

Isn't it much better than usual "things are meaningless so let's just be sad"? To me "things are meaningless so as long as they're as objectively good as possible, that's okay" sounds much better and makes life weight less. Who cares if things are fucked up and meaningless if you're happy and living a good life? Who cares if someone is doing good things for insincere reasons if things are getting better for everyone or most people? Isn't quality of life what truly matters in the end?

Edited by Nobody

because I want to believe that people are inherently good, and that we should strive to be better whenever we can.

I care about actions, but I'm more likely to held those accountable to their actions if they have betrayed their words. If the Democrats get into power and don't push for medicare for all despite a bunch of their politicians saying they will support it, they deserve to be criticised.

while optimistic nihilism is not as dooming as any other kind, it still does not have a very good idea of how we are going to progress as a species because it only focuses on how an individual should be free from responsibilities if they so choose. a healthy society will not exist if everyone follows this type of ideology.

Edited by Tryhard

7 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

because I want to believe that people are inherently good, and that we should strive to be better whenever we can.

I care about actions, but I'm more likely to held those accountable to their actions if they have betrayed their words. If the Democrats get into power and don't push for medicare for all despite a bunch of their politicians saying they will support it, they deserve to be criticised.

while optimistic nihilism is not as dooming as any other kind, it still does not have a very good idea of how we are going to progress as a species because it only focuses on how an individual should be free from responsibilities if they so choose.

I guess that's where we disagree. I don't even believe in inherent good, I believe people and society came up with morality and societal rules and evolved them in order to make life easier for everyone (and that's great and the reason we got so far),  but humanity came before good or bad. An animal will kill others of its own kind and that's not right or wrong. If you leave an infant without human contact and they somehow survive, they won't have any sense of good or morality. That's the natural human state, it's not good, it's not evil, it just is. I'm not saying people should be asshole or not care about others, but that's all, to me, fabricated by society to make life easier to everyone and allow us to strive, not because there's something natural to us about it.

But I do 100% think that if the democrats don't approve a system of universal healthcare whenever they get complete control of government back, they totally deserved to (and should) be scrutinized over it and replaced with other/more willing democrats/progressive independents or something like that. What I meant is that I don't care if they're doing it because they truly believe in it or if they're doing it just to get elected. I do think people should be criticized for not doing what they should have (or promised) to do.

I think it's more about that it's more likely that a politician who has always talked about medicare for all will be more likely to support it vehemently then one who only recently came around to the idea. While I'm glad that they came around to that position, I am sceptical if they will actually do it when they have the power to or if this is just a cynical political calculation. How do I know they aren't going to screw about when it comes to actually doing?

For example, Hillary wasn't in favour of gay marriage in the 90's and came around to it, but Sanders has been on record on supporting gay and even transgender rights back in the 80's, when the concept of transgender rights wasn't even entertained. Ask me who I trust more to be staunch on the issue of LGBT rights and I would say the latter, even if Hillary would vote for it today.

Now, if they actually put the money where their mouths are and vote when it comes time, I will drop my criticism of them.

Edited by Tryhard

fire emblem came up on the ragnarok m chat

girl goes: I'm a huge fire emblem nerd!

me: me too!

girl: I'm cosplaying Camilla and making my own costume

me: That's really cool. I love Conquest

girl: I have H cups

19 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

How do I know they aren't going to screw about when it comes to actually doing?

that's where accountability is important. Punish them (by not reelecting them) if they don't do what they said they would.

The question is not only who would do it, but also who would be able to do it. Negociating and being close to other politicians who more or less agree with you is important to get things done 

Edited by Nobody

9 minutes ago, Nobody said:

fire emblem came up on the ragnarok m chat

girl goes: I'm a huge fire emblem nerd!

me: me too!

girl: I'm cosplaying Camilla and making my own costume

me: That's really cool. I love Conquest

girl: I have H cups

this is accurate

you should start talking about fire emblem gaiden or thracia

Edited by Tryhard

it was an image that was a supposed leak of a fe16 trailer that was visible before it was made private, but it was fake

of course, someone on a discord group I'm in mentioned that they personally saw it themselves, so they either got the image somewhere else or are lying about it

Edited by Tryhard

dsp manages to get owned even when he plays magic in dark souls 1

he's up to 21 deaths and is in lower undead burg, i don't believe he's even fought gargoyles or anything other than taurus, and already saying that a pure magic run isn't possible and magic and pyromancy sucks because it doesn't track

https://streamable.com/ph7ic

Edited by Tryhard