• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, NickelPlateRoad said:

Does that actually mean anything or she just saying a name?

It's not a name, it's her way of greeting someone xD

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Now it's cute and awesome.
Some deity bless the internet for making things like this happen!

The power of memes! & the sheer awesomeness of Steins;Gate

Edited by Shrimperor

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The power of memes! & and the sheer awesomeness of Steins;Gate

*nod, nod*

Speaking of memes:

The best parts of the Neptunia anime, the after-episode bloopers.
I just got done watching that anime the other day and it's honestly pretty great!

My favorite of these is the second one.
"Whoops, sorry. Wrong place." lol

Edited by DragonFlames

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Nep and memes, name a more iconic duo

Spoiler alert: You can't.

Y'know, it's funny. If you went and told me ten years ago that one of my all-time favorite games (and series) would be about personified game consoles and a parody on gaming and otaku culture, I would've probably called BS.
And now, here we are.

Edited by DragonFlames

Played some more, had Hoffman join, and now I'm at the town of Bath. Stopping there, even though I could just reach Porthtrunnel. Ah well.

Hmm, encountered something curious. During one encounter an enemy cast Kasnooze. Since I had Hoffman at the lead position, as expected the spell hit him and fell asleep... except that was it. Not that the spell failed to work on the rest since there'd be a message for that. It simply... stopped. Hmm, do guest party members actually count as a separate battle group? Hmm, might need to investigate that further. Though, well, not for tonight.

Y esto fue "Los Misterios del Milenio"...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Don't know about duos; but when it comes to iconic trios, I give as an example: Kouji Kabuto, Amuro Ray, and Ryouma Nagare.

Nieguenmelo

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just now, Reisalin Stout said:

6GgG2jr.png

Will they come to Wiesbaden, too? I mean, it's just across the river.

Jokes aside, it's so freaking weird to just see a real life city's name used in a game not set in our world. Funny weird, that is.

My hometown appears in Valkyria Chronicles 1, a game where MOST of the places are named after places from Germany and the BeNeLux states.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Will they come to Wiesbaden, too? I mean, it's just across the river.

Jokes aside, it's so freaking weird to just see a real life city's name used in a game not set in our world. Funny weird, that is.

Who knows?

Game is still young.

Spoiler

Final boss can't have a more German name.

So silly seriously.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Fire Emblem made me used to that, heh.

I wonder how people who actually live in those places must feel. For example, those from Switzerland when they see Elibe's Bern... which was changed to Biran in the German localization.

1 minute ago, Reisalin Stout said:

My hometown appears in Valkyria Chronicles 1, a game where MOST of the places are named after places from Germany and the BeNeLux states.

That's awesome! I can only imagine how weird that must have felt.
The day my hometown's name appears in a game I play is the day hell freezes over.

3 minutes ago, Reisalin Stout said:

Who knows?

Game is still young.

Reveal hidden contents

Final boss can't have a more German name.

So silly seriously.

What, is his name Horst Müller or something? XD

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I wonder how people who actually live in those places must feel. For example, those from Switzerland when they see Elibe's Bern... which was changed to Biran in the German localization.

Who knows. I know examples of people embracing the practice... but that's usually when it's their actual town.

Like, a good example is places like Goodsprings, Nevada reveling that they became well known due to Fallout New Vegas, for example.

---

On the subject of, my hometown's name is so specific (Mexicali), you're hardly going to see it used for a fictional place (unless the context is very VERY similar to why Mexicali got its name). If it ever shows up somewhere, it has to be the real deal.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Who knows. I know examples of people embracing the practice... but that's usually when it's their actual town.

Like, a good example is places like Goodsprings reveling that they became well known due to Fallout New Vegas, for example.

I had heard that sometimes, places become tourist attractions if they appear in popular TV Shows or movies.

8 minutes ago, Reisalin Stout said:

The heck, I just noticed that VC used the original European map, just changed the location of the places.

At first I thought the map was customized, lol.

Why change the locations, though? Aren't those games set in real life?

---

I wonder how the writers for Trails and Fire Emblem even come up with naming their fictional places after real life ones. I don't want to say it's a lack of creativity (mainly because I'd be throwing stones in a glass house, and I speak from experience when I say this: coming up with place names is hard, even harder than it is naming your characters), but it is a little tough for me to figure out the reason.
Other JRPGs at least have the decency to use the names of mythological places for their fictional ones.

Edited by DragonFlames

Why change the locations, though? Aren't those games set in real life?

It's based on the time short before WWII.

Based on the European map it takes place in the Netherlands.

I have no idea why locations were changed since it's the first tactical RPG for me which is based on a real map.

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

Damn. And i've never played a Shantae before so i kinda wanted to jump into this one but if it's coming out right before XenoblaDE, then no chance.

Considering I've seen Pirate's Curse and 1/2 Genie Hero not infrequently go on sale, waiting might not be a bad idea. Why, the two games are on sale right now.

Part of the game has been released already on Apple Arcade, and I think I saw someone say it's closer in style to Pirate's Curse, which is a good thing according to many. 

xenoblade-art-book-1.jpg

More new attire for Shulk? Bringing in a dive suit is a good casual choice, and it's quite different from XCX's rendition, the gloves, flippers, open jacket, the snorkel from its regular swimwear- very positively distinctive. The second is very Mechonis, the headpiece adds a touch of flair. And if Shulk has these, then so should everybody else, that'll be good to see.

The new Monado design though...

Spoiler

it looks very less sleek and more manufactured. Just a matter of style, or was this one built by Shulk to be less powerful? He doesn't need all its power anymore after the credits I'd think, so it'd make some sense.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer