The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

14 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

The lolis and their fans must die a heretic's death. Seriously, they have no place in FE or any medium, period.

588.png

Screw you Nowi is adorable. You just gotta remember the cardinal rule. Ravioli Ravioli don’t lewd the dragon loli. 

• Replies 180.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And fun fact: many enemies with human- or animal-like features lack heads. So many, in fact, that I can't help but feel that there's some kind of meaning behind it.

Might be symbolic of some subconcious thing.

29 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I don't know why even users with old & active account have to solve them here sometimes.

They're annoying.

26 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

So you guys have these, too?
I wonder why they only pop up sometimes.

Worst part is they sometimes just prevent you from editing a post you just submitted.

19 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Why is this emoji so darn funny to me?

JPEG_20171203_214617.jpg?width=440&height=431

It's the perfect thing to use when you watch the sparks fly.

14 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Screw you Nowi is adorable. 

Would've prefered she had a better design but yeah, Nowi's a pretty decent character. I like characters that are comic relief but also have genuine serious moments when the need arises.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Reveal hidden contents

I definietly do think people need to temper their expectations for Future Connected. I think a lot of people are expecting it to be another Torna and it's very much not that.

I will say i didn't really mind the removal of the Skill Trees as i always thought they were kinda clunky, and this hasn't changed with DE. I prefer Xenoblade 2's Skill Trees in that you unlock the skills as you go, instead of being able to focus on only one path at a time. Affinity taking eons to raise in Xenoblade 1 is another reason why i didn't mind it's removal from Future Connected.

If i had to pick though, i think i prefer Future Connected's battle system marginally more than the main game. Union Strikes just felt way more reliable, even if they could only be extended a max of two times. Speaking of the Union Strikes, i felt that the Ponspectors were too small to really obscure my vision. And you could disable them following you outside of battle (which i did).

A shame you were disapointed overall. I'm personally satisfied with what i got. Especially impressed with me liking Nene and Kino as much as i did. They didn't get a whole lot of time but those Quiet Moments really fleshed them out.

My only real complaint with Future Connected is that Gaelgar is quite possibly the most pointless villain in the series. He's like Gort from Torna, except even Gort got proper closure.

Btw, did you notice that the Fog King is functionily a Gnosis from Xenosaga?

Spoiler

Honestly, I like the skill trees alot, they make the combat more customizable. 

I didn't like the Union Strikes that much, honestly. 

I'm not a fan of the nopon, so those characters didn't interest me at all. 

Considering the quality of the other Xeno games I've played, I guess my expectations are pretty high. 

I just dont think that it was fleshed out enough, story wise. What's your opinion on it all?

13 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

What's your opinion on it all?

It accomplished what it set out to do so i'm pretty satisfied. It also helps that i like Melia a lot so an epilouge dedicated to her character was appreciated.

Honestly though, the thing is, they didn't have to make Future Connected. But they gave us some nice extra content using an area that was cut from the original version of the game due to time constraints. I have the one criticism i mentioned before but other than that, i can't really complain. 

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It accomplished what it set out to do so i'm pretty satisfied. It also helps that i like Melia a lot so an epilouge dedicated to her character was appreciated.

Honestly though, the thing is, they didn't have to make Future Connected. But they gave us some nice extra content using an area that was cut from the original version of the game due to time constraints. I have the one criticism i mentioned before but other than that, i can't really complain. 

The thing for me is: I loved Torna's cast, which really made it even better. Alot of the characters in Future Connected weren't relevant with the exception of a set few. 

The least they could have done was proofread it.

If anyone's interested, here's a wallpaper of every FE Lord (excluding Warriors) I made using the Cipher artwork.

Hope you like it.

EDIT: Crap, I forgot to add Sakura and for whatever reason the link broke.

Edited by twilitfalchion

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Alot of the characters in Future Connected weren't relevant with the exception of a set few. 

You're right but the Quiet Moments help flesh them out a lot. Nene and Kino got so much development in such a short period of time, it's impressive what they did with them. Tyrea went from barely being a character in the main game to actually being a full character.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

If anyone's interested, here's a wallpaper of every FE Lord (excluding Warriors) I made using the Cipher artwork.

Hope you like it.

TB8XvmP.jpg

I didn't know you conisdered the Hoshidian and Nohrian sibilings to be Lords.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I didn't know you conisdered the Hoshidian and Nohrian sibilings to be Lords.

I consider pretty much any royal in the FE games to be a lord. If Corrin is a prince and is a lord, then I would say that his siblings count as the same kind of nobility as well. Ryoma is specifically called "Lord Ryoma" by his retainers in game, as well as Hinoka being called "Lady Hinoka."

Edited by twilitfalchion

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

If Corrin is a prince and is a lord, then I would say that his siblings count as the same kind of nobility as well

But then by that logic, Marth's sister Elice is a Lord.

I personally would only consider a character to be a Lord if 

1. They have Lord or a similar unique class
  2. They are the lead of the story or are important to it

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

But then by that logic, Marth's sister Elice is a Lord.

I personally would only consider a character to be a Lord if 

1. They have Lord or a similar unique class
  2. They are the lead of the story or are important to it

Fair enough. I can understand that perspective.

World of Light is one of the most unfair challenges I've played yet. Handicup battles which just exist to piss the player off, nothing else! At least it's the first game I actually like Bowser because he can speed up things a lot.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Not much of a storm on the Frisian border, huh.

Ah, I get that feeling. Over here in my country, we also can have cases where there can be rains everywhere but where I live too.

Each Frisian was hit slightly.

It's mainly the German-Dutch border which was spared.

> No rain at all today.

Just now, Falcom Knight said:

World of Light is one of the most unfair challenges I've played yet. Handicup battles which just exist to piss the player off, nothing else! At least it's the first game I actually like Bowser because he can speed up things a lot.

I never really got into World of Light, but from what I've heard from others, the difficulty spikes in unfair ways even early on.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

I never really got into World of Light, but from what I've heard from others, the difficulty spikes in unfair ways even early on.

External influences make the fights hard like::

• enemy is buffed / player is debuffed
  • enemy starts with powerful items (healer trophies at worst)
  • gameplay obstacles like reversed controls and mirrored screen

Multiple points can even be combined.

The easiest fights are the ones against the captured characters because they've been all classic so far.

Might be symbolic of some subconcious thing.

Yup, I had a similar line of thinking.
A big theme of the game is emotions and what happens when they go out of control. Maybe it's meant to symbolize the "headless" nature of these rampant feelings.

---

lol
85KVqSB.jpg

You're right but the Quiet Moments help flesh them out a lot. Nene and Kino got so much development in such a short period of time, it's impressive what they did with them. Tyrea went from barely being a character in the main game to actually being a full character.

I dunno, something about it was just... off, to me. Oh well, that happend from time to time.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Yup, I had a similar line of thinking.
A big theme of the game is emotions and what happens when they go out of control. Maybe it's meant to symbolize the "headless" nature of these rampant feelings.

---

lol
85KVqSB.jpg

Old but Gold