• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

see like

i don't even know what mana does

so i start killing stuff and i get all these materials

but i get no sense of what i'm supposed to do with it(much less how to do those things) beyond "make stuff lol"

i'll probably go back to it and i only spent $1 on it whenever it was that i bought it this year so it's not a huge deal

minecraft though i spent $25 i won't get back, bit peeved

Hmm... You use mana to use magic weapons?

Did you see a NPC when you first entered the world you created? He's the Guide, when you talk to him you can see what you can craft with a certain material you got.

The first to do is chop down wood and make your first, basic house that the Guide will live on. Every NPC will need a house avaliable and a certain criteria (like killing a certain boss, etc.) to appear.

Get your axe and chop down wood, than use the wood to make a Work bench. This shit will be used a lot during the game to make stuff.

With The workbench you can use the wood to make background walls, doors, and chairs and tables to make a proper housing for the guide, and even some shitty earlygame armor and your first Hammer (which you use to remove background walls). Make a torch with wood and gel (dropped from smiles, that you are likely to find as soon as you start playing), place it inside the house with the work bench and a table, make sure you have a door, and you have your first suitable housing :o

This can be useful as fuck if you plan on playing the game

I saw that guy and was like "this guy probably tells me stuff" so I mashed every button on my keyboard to try getting him to talk

Then I looked in controls again, because I always config controls as soon as I start any game, and I don't think I saw an "Interact" or "Talk" button so I just wandered off and ended up underground somewhere. The rest of my playtime amounted to me learning how to make a ladder and platforms to get me out of the hole I dived into :Sain:

I get basic stuff like making houses in Minecraft/Terraria but it gave me that "there will never be a sense of progression" vibe after about an hour on both games and I didn't really go back

but fuck if I can get at least 2 ~ 3 other people playing it with me from the very start I'm sure my opinion would be way different

man these posts are whiny

Edited by PKLucas531

I saw that guy and was like "this guy probably tells me stuff" so I mashed every button on my keyboard to try getting him to talk

Then I looked in controls again, because I always config controls as soon as I start any game, and I don't think I saw an "Interact" or "Talk" button so I just wandered off and ended up underground somewhere. The rest of my playtime amounted to me learning how to make a ladder and platforms to get me out of the hole I dived into :Sain:

I get basic stuff like making houses in Minecraft/Terraria but it gave me that "there will never be a sense of progression" vibe after about an hour on both games and I didn't really go back

but fuck if I can get at least 2 ~ 3 other people playing it with me from the very start I'm sure my opinion would be way different

The default is the right button of the mouse

Fun fact: you actually have to kill the guide at a point in the game by trowing a voodoo doll of him in lava to summon The Wall of Flesh, which when defeated, makes the world enter Hardmode.

there's no way it was right click

that's like the button i instinctively turn to for stuff like that

MY MEMORY IS DETERIORATING

was he really as helpful as you say because I might've read his first text box and thought he was a chump

I even remember trying to lure some slimes toward him to see if they'd kill him or if he could do anything beyond being an NPC

Edited by PKLucas531

Well, basically when you talk to him you can either select help so he'll give you some hint, or crafting, which opens your inventory and you can place a material from your inventory and he'll tell you what you can craft with it, and how many of each material you need.

If he name's Andrew, he drops a hat just like :itsame: 's

burn down gamefaqs forums

...okay.

*2 minutes later*

Me (singing): Whistling sound 'cause I can't whistle, falalala-

Gamefaqs person: ONG TE GAMEFAQ ARE ON FIRZ!!

Me: Here, extinguish it with this *hands container*

Gamefaqs person: DER I (comment not safe for work), NOOB! *runs off with container*

Me: ...You know, I could feel guilt for giving that guy a jar of napalm...but I won't.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed