The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

Just finished binge reading up to Chapter 94 of Keijo

I need moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre

Edited by shinpichu

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

i probably know as much about the normans as you do, but it says here that he came to england and fucked shit up and got kingly. also, unrelated, but i found it interesting that knights were literally fighting for their waifus and wearing their waifu's clothing into battle. just that they couldn't sexualize the waifu! waifuing never dies

tbh, studying most things in school seems like a joke since they're constantly rushing you to prepare for a test rather than actually learn and enjoy learning. but at least they give you an overview of a subject to see if you like it or not! think of it as a food sampling place: you try a little bit of each and then you get to buy your own dish, if you're actually lucky enough. personal study is a real thing and i like doing it (when i have time at least)

i've always wanted to be a hermit living in a forest, away from all influences, just studying god and talking to the animals. which reminds me of this poem, pangur ban , which is about a scholar and his cat. they're both hard workers

They left behind really cool castles from the invasion to protect the waifus~

You have a good point there actually. However, I feel like the sample they give you sometimes isn't a good representation of the actual thing :/

Read Canterbury tales, if you want some more taels from ye olden medaeival daes of yore.

i guess jeanne d'arc really was just a glorified cheerleader. the team waifu. and she commanded her fans? didn't save her from dying though

yeah obviously there are things you'll do differently out of school than in school because of how the school system works. the worst things that'll come out of that is driving away potential people who are interested in the subject. but most of the time, i think that if you don't enjoy a subject in school you won't enjoy it out of school. math is a good example for that, i don't think most people want to do math problems outside of school since they have people and tools to do it for them

we're actually going to read the canterbury tales in class soon. i hope we're not reading the meme english version

apparently, she also beat up prostitutes with a sword. just as a saint should, huh. tangentially related, but it's a rumor that the last grandmaster of the knight templars cursed the name of the king who executed him, and they died several months later. their successors were failures (i guess that isn't unusual) and their family fell. i don't think jeanne cursed the english, but you don't need to curse the english since their food is terrible.

of course you can't change the basics of something, but you can make the basics look unappetizing (and by proxy, everything else). most people would rather like something without having to explain it because honestly, there aren't many situations where you ask yourself "why don't i like x" and act on it. most people don't like things because they think they're not good at it, which is reasonable, but doesn't that mean they'll never be good at it since they're not willing to try? also, why do you personally feel history is interesting? i heard an answer that i thought was good from my english class: to learn that we're not alone. history looks incredibly alien in the eyes of most people, but when you take a good look at it you really start to humanize the figures in it. they aren't just a king or a farmer, they're *people* with problems like us! also because the battles are fun

i do like version with double languages, but i think footnotes are even better. but no competent translation would NOT have footnotes. comprehensive footnotes are an absolute must. i've thought about learning languages from having the text side-by-side, but i don't think i can go about that without learning the basic structure of a language. so much for that!

ass creed is a meme game.

not much of a difference between non-fiction and fiction personally. not sure why people make a huge distinction out of it, but i get the same kind of enjoyment from them. if i had to call it anything, i'd call it fun. i want to read about a man who drinks gallons of orange juice for breakfast and eats freezers full of pancakes as much as i want to read about dragon slaying. honestly there is no reason for a person to not like history and literature. maybe they don't like remembering dates, but reading about something and knowing that it actually happened somewhere, maybe right in your very city, is an incredible feeling. you feel some sort of pride - "yeah, we did that! we humans! we BUILT this!". the fear of having to remember so many dates and eras + avoiding misconceptions turns off people but people should just relax and enjoy the ride - what kind of nerd would call somebody out for learning? the human brain has an unlimited growing capacity for knowledge and more people should take advantage of this.

well, sometimes i go on boards and see posts and think it is an entirely different language, when in fact it is just shitposting. i wonder how other countries see our memes? maybe in the hundred years they'll be studying the meaning of "f"

see, footnotes for vocabulary is fine, but you shouldn't have JUST vocabulary. give me context. give me meter (if applicable), give me a little bit of history on the author himself. "author =/= work" is absolutely bullshit in some cases, some books are outright better experiences if you learn about the author. then it's reading on another level - writing is a form of self expression, and i want to see the author inside of his text.

i don't want to be a text secondary! but i also don't want to deal with meme english. well, if i want to be the best, i should just learn every language in the world. that's right friends, i will read books in their original dead languages, some of which are unknown to most people. if i want to be a primary i should just know Cthulhu speak.

"oh look shezzy posted in ltp"

"ooh I have an idea I'll click the thread, stay in it for 15 minutes without posting anything hehehehe"

"haha I bet he's waiting me to respond to his posts rn"

"rekt tbh"

IIRC, the system will always register a user as being in the final thread they've clickd to for 15 minutes after their click in, even if they close the tab/window immediately. I doubt anybody's trolling you deliberately.

"oh look shezzy posted in ltp"

"ooh I have an idea I'll click the thread, stay in it for 15 minutes without posting anything hehehehe"

"haha I bet he's waiting me to respond to his posts rn"

"rekt tbh"

Damn, you've seen through my plan!

I must now vanish and change my identity...

IIRC, the system will always register a user as being in the final thread they've clickd to for 15 minutes after their click in, even if they close the tab/window immediately. I doubt anybody's trolling you deliberately.

I think the system registers you as offline if you close the tab/window, but otherwise, yeah, this is true.

this is one of the few threads on the site I even feel comfortable posting in really

shit me too

I use picture thread sometimes and maybe 1-2 others but it's mostly just this one

hey if you guys ever randomly see me somewhere please do your best to keep me away from driving a car

"Hey look its a car, bet you wanna drive it"

Am I doing it right.

The thing is though, when one self driving car crashes, the rest of the a.i learns. So starting out it will be shaky, but eventually we'll reach a point where there are little no crashes at all.

We have enough crashes as it is without self driving cars, anyways.

While thats also nice, I mean in the case where one may go defective. With enough intelligence, there's no telling what it may do

Granted, that may just be me being overly paranoid, but I'm not ruling out the possibility