The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

just seemed weird to me because he was still leading polls for all intents and purposes despite being unable to run.

though it's pretty sad that the guy who had 80% popularity when obama praised him now has 60% disapproval and still is one of the more popular politicians

i suppose it's just like: we know trump is most likely never going to spend a day in prison or jail despite obviously being a corrupt fuck

rip in peace

Edited by Edgelord

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Edgelord said:

just seemed weird to me because he was still leading polls for all intents and purposes despite being unable to run.

though it's pretty sad that the guy who had 80% popularity when obama praised him now has 60% disapproval and still is one of the more popular politicians

i suppose it's just like: we know trump is most likely never going to spend a day in prison or jail despite obviously being a corrupt fuck

rip in peace

Let's put it this way, any brazilian politician would kill to have Trump's approval rate. The president has a 3% approval rate lmao.

that said, the population is going too indignated with politics and either going apathetic, going for extremes or voting for the same corrupts they ever did. Lula is popular among a certain segment of the population because the country was doing well when he was president, so it's a bit understandable when the country is doing so bad.

it really disappoints me that Marina isn't getting more votes, though. She's clean, was an amazing enviroment minister back when Lula was president (she reduced deforestation by a lot), has solid policies and an absolutely fantastic running mate. It also disappoints me that my city's governor who is IMO also really really good isn't getting reelected even though he balanced the city's budget which was in an extremely dire situation, lowered the murder rate by 30%, built the first public hospital since 2005, normalized public services (before he was elected there was a big strike every month... trash collecting was even suspended for a while) and ended invasions while building housing for the poor, but most of the population dislikes him because he lacks charisma, didn't do "public contests" to hire people to expensive public jobs, didn't raise the wages of very well paid public servants and because they just don't believe facts. People will say all the time that violence is "out of control" even though all data from every source shows the crime rate plummeted. But I don't really think you care about how great of a governor Rollemberg is haha

Uhh so yeah, i'm not disappointed with politics, i'm just disappointed with the population for ignoring the good ones and voting for trash.

16 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

If people walked on the ceiling, would your head be closer to where people put there feet, or farther from there?

*Assuming like an 8-10 foot ceiling, standard stuff and all that

Hmmm, Interesting thought.

"Don Alfredo is a Brazilian man, although ethnically Mediterranean, that likes to write about culture and all degeneracy he sees. Alfie's a longtime traditionalist that despises neoconservatism and the new left's lunatics."

I'd say, I had not expected to see something like Ranma 1/2 being aired again here on TV. It has been like... well, who knows how long already. Too long for me, indeed, because I can't remember that Akane had long hair... I think she looks better that way, in my opinion...

With how fickle the broadcasting schedules tend to be, now I wonder what else surprises me. Not long ago they also began to reair in another channel something they pulled out years ago as well, so who knows...

Kotaku is only made fun of by the right leaning members of the forum, that has always been the case. They are the most linked to games website on the forum and their coverage of issues facing workers and minorities is second to none. There is so much bad and reactionary games journalism that I really don't know what there is to gain by complaining that Kotaku is bad journalism- there are many more deserving targets. So it's fair enough to assume ulterior motives when people make sweeping statements about Kotaku's journalism.

Kotaku is literally well known across games journalism for doing some of the best investigative journalism around. They're literally the gold standard for investigative journalism in video games. Please show me the websites producing better content about the games industry, because I would love to read it.

Edited by Edgelord