• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't think I love Tailtiu as much as others do, but I do sincerely like her character for the reasons you say.:Tinny: 

(Yes, I know thats Tine, but close enough.) 

Fair enough. I just happened to connect with her a lot when I played, and she just ended up my favorite.
(It's close enough, like mother like daughter.)

I enjoy Sylvia very much as well for being overall amusing and I find her funny.

Lewyn is quite good as well.
And my enjoyment of always training him when I play this game gives me a lot of bias towards Noish.

I basically enjoy mostly everyone in this cast despite the pre-support hiccups it has sometimes.

Hah...Oh wow, Sigurd and Diedre really do have an abrupt romance. I knew it was fast...But holy cow, the satires of the scene are longer than their whole romance.

Well, I finally finished Chapter 1 after 138 turns of crawling around! We'll see how chapter 2 is...I really hope it's shorter and that I don't have to slog through a large forest.

Also, why the heck did Lex get a brave axe in chapter 1?! I moved him to a peninsula so he could hide from the archers and he randomly gets a brave axe! Does anything about that come up later or is it Kaga memeing? I am genuinely confused.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And because I don't overly enjoy engaging in- hopefully I keep it polite- criticism in a topic where I come to relax, mind if I use that bodysurfing mention to shill more Xiaomu?

She's great, no shortage of charm.😁

How does she suddenly switch outfits in the middle of an attack like that? Impressive!

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Jin, huh.

Ah yes, I like their DW8 campaign. Specially their Hypothetical Path.

Yup, me too.
They have this anti-hero feel to them, which I like.

12 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hah...Oh wow, Sigurd and Diedre really do have an abrupt romance. I knew it was fast...But holy cow, the satires of the scene are longer than their whole romance.

Well, I finally finished Chapter 1 after 138 turns of crawling around! We'll see how chapter 2 is...I really hope it's shorter and that I don't have to slog through a large forest.

Also, why the heck did Lex get a brave axe in chapter 1?! I moved him to a peninsula so he could hide from the archers and he randomly gets a brave axe! Does anything about that come up later or is it Kaga memeing? I am genuinely confused.

... what were you doing to take that long...

Nah, there's no follow up. Although you may get confused eventually since the woman's portrait gets reused later on. It's just a reward for doing something unusual. Because back in the day games didn't handed everything on a silver platter or gave you detailed instructions. It was for the joy of discovering a secret and get rewarded for it. And it was through our own effort and experimentation! Uphill! Both ways! And we liked it!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

... what were you doing to take that long...

Pro strats, my man.

Well:

I wanted to train Arden for no reason so I had him guard the castle and let all of the enemies charge. Arden eventually cleared them all out.

I recruited Ayra and had Eideen/Dew make it to our castle around turn 20 and started grinding love points for Azel and Eideen. Only recruiting Ayra was dang near impossible because she kept attacking and landing 25> Hits 5 times in a row with Astra. Only Arden actually survived a round and didn't kill her.

At turn 50, I started towards the third enemy castle because apparently the love system stops working after turn 50. (I guess Eideen can only stand Azel for so long.) Eideen got left behind, but I didn't think it would matter.

I cleaned out the enemy forces with Arden again and then started to slog through the forest.

...And then Jamke arrived so I had to pull all of my forces all of the way out of the forest and had to keep running until Eideen caught up, recruited him, then started to slog through the forest again.

And then I accidentally aggro'd the archers with Lex instead of Arden, so he had to run off to the peninsula, leading to the weird brave axe thing.

Anyways, took out the last enemies with Midir, Dew and Arden, siezed the castle.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Nah, there's no follow up. Although you may get confused eventually since the woman's portrait gets reused later on. It's just a reward for doing something unusual. Because back in the day games didn't handed everything on a silver platter or gave you detailed instructions. It was for the joy of discovering a secret and get rewarded for it.

Makes sense. I guess. I do wish that there was some kind of logic or something?

"Damn, dropped my axe!"

"Is this silver axe yours?"

"No, it was an iron axe, you twit."

"Have a brave axe."

"Huh?"

Oh well, can't complain about an absurdly good weapon!

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Makes sense. I guess. I do wish that there was some kind of logic or something?

"Damn, dropped my axe!"

"Is this silver axe yours?"

"No, it was an iron axe, you twit."

"Have a brave axe."

"Huh?"

Oh well, can't complain about an absurdly good weapon!

Well, it's a reference to the aesop. Man looses axe in a lake, mysterious woman presents him axes made of gold and silver, man tells her they're not his. It varies depending on the age and region, but usually the man will be allowed to keep the other axes for his honesty.

It's certainly true there's really nothing indicating it's there. No hints to think the fable is real in Jugdral. Well, it is a giant lake, and Lex is the only one who uses axes in the party at the moment, and the peninsula jutting into the lake is something of a geographical oddity since there's no apparent reason to visit it. Which if one is conscious about video game structure means there totally is something odd with it. Anyway, it's just a secret at the end of the day. With something helpful but ultimately not vital. After all, it wouldn't be a secret if it actually was.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, it's a reference to the aesop. Man looses axe in a lake, mysterious woman presents him axes made of gold and silver, man tells her they're not his. It varies depending on the age and region, but usually the man will be allowed to keep the other axes for his honesty.

That makes sense!

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's certainly true there's really nothing indicating it's there. No hints to think the fable is real in Jugdral

Yeah, I don't mind hidden items, but the lore aspect was what confused me.

To all Taillte fans: I made her become 5* +10 in Heroes today

(couldn't screencap it with my tablet, but please believe me!)

Oops, I forgot about Dragonflames's shortstories thread....... have to catch it up now.

Also have to finish the A support today.

tjF0UAY.jpg

How am I supposed to beat this?

Edited by Falcom Knight

5 hours ago, Benice said:

There is a forest, but in this chapter you get to fight cavalry in it instead of foot soldiers. Ch. 2 is a bit sloggy right off the bat because you have a higher number of foot soldiers that have to keep up with your mounts. Quick tip that worked for me: when you're approaching Nodion and Heirhein, let the allied units do a lot of the fighting for you. They'll probably straight up kill half of them for you, while you can pick off the stragglers. Just make sure to recruit Lachesis with Sigurd before the enemy units get too close to the castle. He's strong enough (if you made use of the arena) to be in the heat of the action and not take too much damage. And after you conquer Heirhein, have Quan talk to Finn. There's a reason and it pays off well.

Like I said, that and the Belhalla barbeque are what I remember about Sigurd the most. Even Chrom x Olivia wasn't as bad. But we all know that Chrom x Maribelle is OTP.

Can't believe I missed getting that.

''What makes a man? Is it his wealth? His looks? The love of his friends and family?

Wrong. All those are wrong. There is only one thing that truely defines a man:

KIROV REPORTING KIROV REPORTING KIROV REPORTING KIROV REPORTING KIROV REPORTING Unit Ready KIROV REPORTING KIROV REPORTING KIROV REPORTING KIROV REPORTING KIROV REPORTING.

Real men use just Kirovs and nothing else.''

-AlternateHistoryHub, 2019

Edited by Shrimperor

10 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

There is a forest, but in this chapter you get to fight cavalry in it instead of foot soldiers. Ch. 2 is a bit sloggy right off the bat because you have a higher number of foot soldiers that have to keep up with your mounts. Quick tip that worked for me: when you're approaching Nodion and Heirhein, let the allied units do a lot of the fighting for you. They'll probably straight up kill half of them for you, while you can pick off the stragglers. Just make sure to recruit Lachesis with Sigurd before the enemy units get too close to the castle. He's strong enough (if you made use of the arena) to be in the heat of the action and not take too much damage. And after you conquer Heirhein, have Quan talk to Finn. There's a reason and it pays off well.

Make sure none of those Paladin's die! Otherwise, you miss the Knight Ring!

Also, don't forget the Pursuit Ring!

Edited by lightcosmo

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Make sure none of those Paladin's die! Otherwise, you miss the Knight Ring!

Oh I had no idea about that. I let them all sacrifice themselves so I could pick off the remaining enemies. What does the Knight Ring do?

10 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Oh I had no idea about that. I let them all sacrifice themselves so I could pick off the remaining enemies. What does the Knight Ring do?

Same as in PoR, it gives an unmounted unit the Canto ability.

Same as in PoR, it gives an unmounted unit the Canto ability.

An insanely useful tool that I just threw away out of convenience? Of course I did. Because I'm me.

Thanks for letting me know.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

An insanely useful tool that I just threw away out of convenience? Of course I did. Because I'm me.

Thanks for letting me know.

I'm not sure how much you mind slight spoilers, but there is a page that tells you where the events are located. Also, don't worry about it, i'm sure a lot of us missed those the first time, I know I did!

https://serenesforest.net/genealogy-of-the-holy-war/miscellaneous/secret-events/

Edited by lightcosmo

I'm not sure how much you mind slight spoilers, but there is a page that tells you where the events are located.

I'm not too concerned about spoilers. Thanks again.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

I'm not too concerned about spoilers. Thanks again.

You're welcome!

Side note: getting further to that Colony 6 completion! 100% is something I never had the patience to accomplish in the original game, so we'll see what happens here.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

''What makes a man? Is it his wealth? His looks? The love of his friends and family?

Wrong. All those are wrong. There is only one thing that truely defines a man:

KIROV REPORTING KIROV REPORTING KIROV REPORTING KIROV REPORTING KIROV REPORTING Unit Ready KIROV REPORTING KIROV REPORTING KIROV REPORTING KIROV REPORTING KIROV REPORTING.

Real men use just Kirovs and nothing else.''

-AlternateHistoryHub, 2019

I have many questions.

My girlfriend just showed me something that she called “fighting Daddy Dragon” on the Nintendo Switch. Gentlemen I think I’m now scared for my life.

Edited by Wraith

20 minutes ago, Wraith said:

My girlfriend just showed me something that she called “fighting Daddy Dragon” on the Nintendo Switch. Gentlemen I think I’m now scared for my life.

I have even more questions.

40 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Is she talking about Dragon Ball Z Fighter?