The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

5 minutes ago, Caster said:

I dunno, aha. 
My relative passed away yesterday. And now someone in the apartment above us has the virus, so I have to be even more careful doing anything.
I dunno what to do right now. Everything in my life just keeps getting worse.

Oh jeez, I'm so sorry. I really hope things get better for you!

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, Caster said:

I dunno, aha. 
My relative passed away yesterday. And now someone in the apartment above us has the virus, so I have to be even more careful doing anything.

Sorry for your loss. And I wish you the best, there is bound to be a turnaround eventually, you're still young.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 hours ago, Caster said:

I dunno, aha. 

I'm sorry for your loss. And I'm sorry that things aren't going so well right now. But I believe that things will get better for you.

Edited by twilitfalchion

3 hours ago, Caster said:

I dunno, aha. 

Sorry for your loss. But never give up! Someday it will go up again!

3 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

hm

is the Post a Fact thread bugged?

This one is, dat's for sure.

6 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

hm

is the Post a Fact thread bugged?

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

This one is, dat's for sure.

The first word comes to mind thread is bugged as well.

Screen-Shot-2020-06-12-at-11-08-13-AM.pnScreen-Shot-2020-06-12-at-11-09-10-AM.pn

Fan translation error, or did the programmers fudge the assignment of Alady's and KOS-MOS's very last Mentalities? Does Alady look like a mother to you?

If the error is in the programming, this is a minor net positive to your team. Soul doubles your damage output, and Alady gets the Soul in its Spirit form around the very same time he gets his last Mentality, so if you have him chug SP restoratives as needed, he can Soul up whenever he wants. KOS-MOS doesn't get Soul, just it's weaker sibling Valor, and even then only in the form of Star Action, which I'm mixed on.

I'm at the very end of this game, I'd hazard the 2nd to last dungeon. Somebody is bothering me b/c it's been a while since they last showed up, they left behind a very good "present" thats left me wary why they did, and there isn't much time left for them to do stuff now. Turns out I was mistaken and this game takes place after- not before- OG Gaiden too.

Because everyone has all their 8 Skills, 2 Overdrives, and 2 Specials now, I decided to make a few last-minute tweaks to their skillsets, and for a couple of them prepped an alternative set to their usual.

I think I'll judge them all on the superficial style of their fighting, apart from their gameplay prowess or lack thereof.:

Spoiler

Alady- Gets Fei Points for being a male main protag who doesn't use that overused JRPG hero weapon that is the sword. The East Asian flair is strong and awesome, he could jump into a match with Street Fighter's posterboy Ryu and they'd fit like two close brothers apart from the aesthetic difference. Pelting each other with fiery martial arts shouting practically untranslatable Japanese.

Aschen- Our lady of hands and feet, they did a very good job of making Alady distinct from her. Aschen looks and moves very human in combat, and they weaved in the android traits with care, she doesn't feel "robotic"- alien and stiff. Whereas Alady is a disciplined hot and loud, Aschen is cool finesse, I love how "tight" her footwork feels. The silly shouts of Code DTD action gives add a splash of variety to her repertoire.

Neige- I must deduct points upfront, for the Fayslayer is not a spear as she says it is, it's a sword. As if the game felt compelled by Alady's lack of an S-word by assigning one to the female lead. If it were merely a slasher with some thrusts, I'd be more critical of her moveset, but the lasers and handful of explosives move in to save it. And, although I'm trying to focus on only the style and not the gameplay substance, my usual loadout for Neige feels safe, cheap, and mostly easy to combo with for me. Her Overdrives are thrilling expressions of her character.

Kaguya- The other lonely (and former main female lead) princess with a sword. I like that this very not-Nippon princess doesn't use a katana, I'm not sure what style of IRL blade her "zankantou" is, if any. The sword's stretch and the moon-cutters do what the lasers do for Neige, and the use of hanafuda cards contrast with her crush Haken's Western playing cards. Her Overdrives express both her serious training with the sword, and her cheery, sweet character.

Axel & Alfimi- These paired combatants have the dynamic tag-teaming in their favor, and they kinda need it because either by themselves would be a little boring. Axel doesn't use as much martial arts as I'd have thought from the Soulgain, and Alfimi isn't crazy on Einst powers and references. Nonetheless, Axel's Mizuchi Blade, being a switchblade bound to his wrist, is halfway between a swordsman and a martial artist, and Alfimi is the only one with genuine slashy sword beams akin in shape to Link's Skyward Strikes for those who get this reference. I think they're fun, but I get a feeling of sameyness from their attacks. I like the solution to the Overdrive music problem that arises from Axel and Alfimi having separate character themes.

Reiji- NxC's male lead comes with Soul and is your only source of it for most of the game, so he rips through enemy HP like no other when he calls in Xiaomu for Battou Ougi Shinra Bansho. Yet as stronk as he is in gameplay, the dude has no pizzaz. All of his non-Overdrive attacks are unvarying, its the same combination of fiery katana slashes, electric wakizashi swings, and bullets from his two handguns- Hollywood and Gold. The Arisu Style of fighting is all ground game too, even when he jumps, Reiji doesn't hop very high, nor aim his attacks high into the sky. Kaguya by contrast feels very "aerial", and Aschen jumps a lot but feels "grounded" to me too. However, it isn't a bad thing to have a character who keeps his swings to eye-level, and is very powerful as a tradeoff to presumedly weaker juggling (which he can still do thank goodness), it's gameplay diversity in a sense. Seeing that Saya's weapons consist of three Japanese swords and a handgun, and Xiaomu is one sword-staff and two handguns + Xiaomu-y goodness, Reiji does fit in with his NxC villain and partner. Does not stop me from finding his approach to battle, perhaps "realistic" in the lack of excess in sword swings, to be dull.

Xiaomu- My favorite girl exudes character in her mixture of wide slashes, handgun rounds, magic, and a touch of bombs and hip-drops. She plays balanced between strikes aimed low and high, if a little weak in its feel. I forgive her for that, because her 3/4 of her Overdrives and Specials are quirky, expressive fun I adore.

Suzuka- Here we find a character of less diversity in weaponry, though as much or more expressiveness as Xiaomu in how they fight. One must remember there are strings even if we cannot see them connecting Suzuka's fans to Jyaki-Gun-Oh, and that every swing of her body makes Jyaki-Gun-Oh move and assail the hapless foe with a sea of bullets (she racks up the hits better than anyone else) and a few missiles. Therefore, one must commend Suzuka's unceasing dancing and shouts of celebratory vibrance that I wouldn't want translated out of Japanese if an English VA option existed. The infrequent swipe of the enemy with her fans themselves and the bonheur de vivre energy she gives off more than suffices to cover any sameness issues that arises from the Jyaki-Gun-Oh choreography.

Haken- Another awarding of Fei Points is due! The bayonet on the Nightfowl means Haken has a cutting edge, and he does use it very frequently, too frequently you could argue. The bayonet as a positive doesn't feel like swordplay, as in you couldn't readily copy it with a sword. And thankfully, there is enough ammo & explosive playing cards to mostly counterbalance the melee, at about 50-50. There is an absurd charm in how Haken can spin and throw the Nightfowl into the air, bayonet extended and set to automatic rapid fire, and yet he never becomes a block of Swiss cheese sliced cleanly down the middle. Do that IRL and tell me how me it went, after you get out of the ER, if you're lucky.

KOS-MOS- Strong in body, weak in mind. I must agree she's a poor character, but as the fighting android Anti-Gnosis Humanoid Weapon System KP-X, I find her entertaining. Her toolbox has the two small R-Blades, the G-Shots, X-Buster, handgun (Valkyrie?), big laser swiper Dragon Tooth, and the little white things during Phoenix Strike are "Micro-Missiles" if her very English Engrish is right. Maybe if I played Xenosaga for more familiarity, I wouldn't find her combat amusing, but right now I do. The Special- Star Action- summons MOMO, while I do not know if it's possible using the source material, Star Action could use more pop, more MOMO goodness, because right now it's disappointingly boring for a very expensive Special that casts Valor + Drive on everyone. Spell Blade as KOS-MOS's second Overdrive is visually uninteresting too- I can't read the Japanese characters that appear during it, and it comes so late that T-ELOS could've joined in, yet she doesn't. If Namco was envisioning Project X Zone already, they had to be saving KOS-LOS dynamic duo action for that. The silver lining is that I didn't know KOS-MOS had a scythe, she doesn't use it anywhere else.

Now for the, as always flexible, ranking:

1. Aschen
  2. Haken
  3. KOS-MOS
  4. Suzuka
  5. Alady
  6. Xiaomu
  7. Axel & Alfimi
  8. Kaguya
  9. Neige
  10. Reiji

I'd divide this into three-four tiers of fluidity in placement, the bold names separate are the first person in the next tier. If I chose to have only three tiers, Suzuka, Alady, and Xiaomu would join the top three. And I can't decide placements within a specific tier.

---

I ran into an issue earlier with this topic. It showed a page 7575, but clicking it gave me an error that said it had no posts. And, prior to making this post, it later corrected itself to show there was no 7575th page.

How many more posts until this topic breaks the Internet for a week?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

12 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

There is something about Xenosaga Episode III's story that I don't understand. Margulis' death. Why does he want to die? Is it because he simply loses faith since the divine being he believed in was using him? I am actually very curious about this, since they don't go into detail very much.

Well it turned out that returning to Lost Jerusalem, Margulis's goal for decades, was actually a sham and Heinlein was exploiting Margulis's faith to manipulate him. Most of his life was based on a lie and by that point he has nothing left to live for outside of fighting Jin.

More Xenoblade progress:

• Chapter 1 (Colony 9): 2:16
  • Chapter 2 (Mechon Attack): 2:58
  • Chapter 3 (Tephra Cave): 3:48
  • Chapter 4 (Bionis’ Leg): 6:39
  • Chapter 5 (Ether Mine): 10:29
  • Chapter 6 (Satorl Marsh): 13:12
  • Chapter 7 (Makna Forest): 17:30
  • Chapter 8 (Eryth Sea/Alcamoth): 22:51
  • Chapter 9 (Prison Island): 26:21
  • Chapter 10 (Valak Mountain): 30:04

I am roughly at the point I reached in the 3DS version, but in that case it took around 40 hours for me to reach Sword Valley. The difference is probably because, with the quest tracker, I spend less time wandering around looking for quest objectives and where to go for the plot. I also got Melia's fourth skill tree and level 2 for everything in Colony 6, which is more progress than I probably made in the 3DS version.

Well well well, the last leg of Act II and... phew, quite the sequence of events. For who is the last boss of the act, Kon the Knight wasn't that much of a battle. At least it was a winnable battle, unlike Bishop Ladja at the end of Act I. Speaking of, he really nails the love to hate villain role. Thus, Act III begins...

I'd say, I like the twist of the protagonist not being the Legendary Hero, but rather his son is. Well, time to go through an overhaul of my equipment and set-up. At this point I am actually gonna remove my Dracky and Rotten Apple from the party, to add Sancho and Tuppence. Not that I'll use them, long-term anyway, but the time those two monsters were at their best has come to an end. At least, since I have my next planned monster recruit available in sight. Also, before heading to Lofty Peak which is the next destination of the plot, I have to train the kids a bit. So it will be an active party of Madason, Saber, Sancho, and my Slime Knight for the time being.

That will be for next time, though.

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Huh, are posts being removed?

I don't know whats going on, but I thought this topic hit page 7575 a few posts ago. It went back to 7474 though, and it did it even earlier as my last post noted. This topic is wobbling now, a quantum dilemma where identifying its position is becoming increasingly difficult.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't know whats going on, but I thought this topic hit page 7575 a few posts ago. It went back to 7474 though, and it did it even earlier as my last post noted. This topic is wobbling now, a quantum dilemma where identifying its position is becoming increasingly difficult.

Well, I'm keeping track on the display of total posts, and it is fluctuating.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Well it turned out that returning to Lost Jerusalem, Margulis's goal for decades, was actually a sham and Heinlein was exploiting Margulis's faith to manipulate him. Most of his life was based on a lie and by that point he has nothing left to live for outside of fighting Jin.

More Xenoblade progress:

• Chapter 1 (Colony 9): 2:16
  • Chapter 2 (Mechon Attack): 2:58
  • Chapter 3 (Tephra Cave): 3:48
  • Chapter 4 (Bionis’ Leg): 6:39
  • Chapter 5 (Ether Mine): 10:29
  • Chapter 6 (Satorl Marsh): 13:12
  • Chapter 7 (Makna Forest): 17:30
  • Chapter 8 (Eryth Sea/Alcamoth): 22:51
  • Chapter 9 (Prison Island): 26:21
  • Chapter 10 (Valak Mountain): 30:04

That's kinda what I thought, but why does he have to die? Is his life meaningless to himself? Maybe he's just content being killed by Jin, I dunno.

Amazing job getting to Valak Mountain! 

Me: *unlocks Monado Armor* "awesome

Me: *starts questline to get Monado Eater, doesn't have enough Affinity with Central Bionis to continue it* "Not awesome".

14 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, Arfoire has appeared. As an eggplant farmer, no less.

I can't believe the anime is canon to Cyberdimension.

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

The difference is probably because, with the quest tracker, I spend less time wandering around looking for quest objectives and where to go for the plot. I also got Melia's fourth skill tree and level 2 for everything in Colony 6, which is more progress than I probably made in the 3DS version.

Yeah the improvements to the quest system definitly improve things. I've gotten Dunban and Melia's fourth skill trees, something i previously didn't get until endgame.

I'm currently at 35 hours at Mechonis Field cause i did kinda speedrun a bit. I wanted to have all party members, mainly so i could start killing more Unique Monsters. With Affinity Coins being unfarmable, it was not ideal to take out UMs until you had everyone.

But now that i have everyone, i am taking my sweet time. I won't progress past Mechonis Field for now because

Spoiler

that's when Sword Valley and Galahad Fortress become unavaliable forever and i need to make sure i got everything from there.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I ran into an issue earlier with this topic. It showed a page 7575, but clicking it gave me an error that said it had no posts. And, prior to making this post, it later corrected itself to show there was no 7575th page.

Yeah, this has been happening to me too. And sometimes the post rearrange themselves. Posts will start new pages and then go back to being previous pages. 

This is all intended, one day the thread will forever break and whoever posted here last will be declared the winner.

Please, if the FE4T is still over triple the amount of posts this place has, we're far from the event horizon...

What the everliving heck is wrong with my army?! We're in chapter 3 still, and everybody barring Ayra and Holyn, who are somewhat close to being paired up, and Aideen x Azel, who are married, is in love with Sylvia or Raquesis!

• Alec, Noish, Lewyn and Arden are all in love with Sylvia IIRC
  • All of the other males are in love with Raquesis.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

All of the other males are in love with Raquesis.

I don't blame them, Lachesis is the best girl in the game.

Jokes aside, the Love System in FE4 is kinda wack. What i did when i played was at the end of every chapter, instead of taking the final castle, i just isolated the desired pairs and spammed the "end turn" and occasionally checked their love points.

A remake seriously just needs the Support system.

18 minutes ago, Benice said:

What the everliving heck is wrong with my army?! We're in chapter 3 still, and everybody barring Ayra and Holyn, who are somewhat close to being paired up, and Aideen x Azel, who are married, is in love with Sylvia or Raquesis!

• Alec, Noish, Lewyn and Arden are all in love with Sylvia IIRC
  • All of the other males are in love with Raquesis.

If I had to guess, it's probably at least a bit because characters who join a bit later usually have a higher love growth base, to make up for the fact they join later.
Though it doesn't actually apply to Sylvia for most characters, but Lewyn does have a big love point base with Sylvia, and Alec has a conversation that gives a lot, so I would assume Noish and Arden have been around her to rack up enough points that it says that.
And for all other males I would assume it's because Lachesis has a higher starting base than others.

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I don't blame them, Lachesis is the best girl in the game.

You also don't know how to spell Tailtiu.

Screenshot_2438.png

I see.

The whole site might be bugged.

5 minutes ago, Caster said:

You also don't know how to spell Tailtiu.

And here i thought Talitu was spelled Lachesis 🙂 

Hmm, having a best one, huh...

---

Hmm, a part of me now regrets not participating in that writing prompt. However, the other part doesn't regret that the other regrets, so it evens out.

Edited by Acacia Sgt