Theories on character Ages official discussion!

Dily

One thing I like to do, just for fun, is to pick out little clues left regarding the ages of all the characters (and sometimes find very contradicting clues :lol: ) So, here are some of my theories, which could be farfetched, but I like to read other's theories, too.

I'd like to mention now that there will be many, many spoilers. Too many for a spoiler tag to NOT be annoying, so proceed at your own risk.

I'll start with Micaiah, because she's a weird one.

We know that Micaiah was not present in Bengion during the Serenes Massacre. She had long past out of anyone's memory. In both POR and RD, they say the Serenes massacre happened "20 years ago", which of course can't be true as the games are three years apart. Assuming that the characters were rounding in one of them, we can assume that, in POR, the Massacre happened 20 years ago, and in RD, 23 years ago. (We also know that 1 year passed between the beginning and end of POR. Let's assume the "20 years ago" was around the end of the game). So, Micaiah is AT LEAST 23. But, we also know that according the special base conversation In Part 4 Endgame if Micaiah and Sothe have an A support, Micaiah was already a teenager/adult when she met a pre-pubescent Sothe. So, it would be safe to say that Micaiah is 10-15 years older then Sothe. So how old is Sothe?

There's not very many clues as to Sothe's age, except that he probably went through puberty between POR and RD. So, let's assume that Sothe was 13 in POR and 16 in RD.

This would put Micaiah's age between 26-30 years old.

We know Sanaki's age is 13 in RD. This is one of the only ones they do state specifically. It would mean that Micaiah and Sanaki are 18-20 years apart. Definitely NOT inconcievable.

We'll tackle some of the Greil Mercenaries next.

Ike's easy. I think they state somewhere in the Japanese version that he's 17 in POR. Even if they didn't say that, it's a safe age to assume. 99% of male heroes in RPGs end up being 17 years old. <_<

Anyway, a year passes in the span of the game, making him 18 when he fights Ashnard. Three years pass between games, so Ike's RD age is 21.

Titania's a bit harder. They have vague allusions to her age, but they never state anything specific. We know she's been around the Greil Mercenaries since the beginning. We know she knew Elena, and was around when Ike was a small child in Gallia. We know she was a Crimean Royal knight and quit to study under Greil, which probably all happened before Ike was born. So, to get some kind of estimate of her age, let's say she joined the Crimean Royal knights when she was 16 and quit when she was 18. Let's also say Ike was born soon after she quit and joined Greil. Assume 19 now. In POR Ike is 17. 19+17= 36. One year later, 37. Three years later, 40. So, my guess is that, in RD, Titania is between 36 and 40 years old.

Oscar's easy, He's 26 in POR. (The support conversation happens toward the end of the game, so let's assume he was 25 at the beginning.) So he's 29 in RD.

Shinon's easy, too. He's 27 in POR. (See Oscar parentheses above) So, he's 30 in RD.

Soren is another fun one, like Micaiah.

The only clues we get in POR are in support conversation.

"When I was about four, a nearby sage came by and asked to take me in." and

"When the sage died two years later,"

One thing we have to consider though, is that Soren didn't know he was branded until much later. That might have affected his opinion of his own age. Maybe he thought his was four, when he was really seven? That point is moot right now, let's get to the other evidence.

Almedha said to Elincia that she had been seperated from Ashnard for "more than twenty years." Assuming that Almedha had a normal nine month pregnancy, and not the freakish 10 year pregnancy that Ena had, that would also make Soren more than 20 years old. Izuka tells Pelleas that Almedha hadn't seen her baby in more than 15 years!" I wondered if this meant the Soren was chronologically 5 when he was taken from Daien, but, "more than 15" is very vague. How much more than 15?

Futurama joke: "This tiara is worth more than 50,000 dollars!" "How much more?" "100,000 dollars."

Ike also mentioned, in the Part 4 Endgame(5) conversation that he saw "a raven-haired boy that looked the same age a me" So, Soren LOOKED the same age as Ike when he was discovered. This doesn't give us a number, but it does tell us something: Soren ages slower than beorc, so if Ike and Soren LOOKED the same age, then Soren MUST be older. (Ha! Take a few minutes to figure THAT one out! :lol: ) Based on everything previously mentioned, the only thing we can conclude is this:

Beginning of POR: older than 17 (probably around 20)

End of POR: Older than 18 (probably 21)

Radiant Dawn: Older than 21 (probably 24)

I think I'll stop there. Any thoughts?

I think Soren's not that much older than Ike. It seems like the Branded age like beorc when they're little, but their aging/growth slows down dramatically at some point which seems to vary between cases.

Also, in terms of ages, Janaff in PoR is 110 plus a few months, so we can assume he's 113-114 in RD.

Then Ulki's a few years older than Janaff, as stated in an RD info conversation.

And is SF's server acting up? The site won't load for me.

Before I look at the others, 3 years pass between the start of FE9 (Year 645 ~spring) and the start of FE10 (Year 648 early summer), and not the end of FE9 and the start of FE10. Admittedly it doesn't sound like it the way the characters talk about it.

hey you never know. One year could do wonders

but back on Dily's thing, don't forget that a year passes by the time you beat PoR

Before I look at the others, 3 years pass between the start of FE9 (Year 645 ~spring) and the start of FE10 (Year 648 early summer), and not the end of FE9 and the start of FE10. Admittedly it doesn't sound like it the way the characters talk about it.

Very interesting! I never caught that! Quite a wrench to be thrown in my gears! So, only two years pass between the death of Ashnard and the beginning of Radiant Dawn?

I think Soren's not that much older than Ike. It seems like the Branded age like beorc when they're little, but their aging/growth slows down dramatically at some point which seems to vary between cases.

Also, in terms of ages, Janaff in PoR is 110 plus a few months, so we can assume he's 113-114 in RD.

Then Ulki's a few years older than Janaff, as stated in an RD info conversation.

And is SF's server acting up? The site won't load for me.

Hold on, isn't Janaff older than Ulki? I remeber that in a base conversation, Janaff said something like "respect your elders" to Ulki. That was in a base convo near the end of the game.

Hold on, isn't Janaff older than Ulki? I remeber that in a base conversation, Janaff said something like "respect your elders" to Ulki. That was in a base convo near the end of the game.

Indeed janaff is much more older than ulki. ulki sais it in a conversation on with tibarn about who should get an item.

Well...one thing that particularly interests me is Dheginsea's age. I was talking about this with Songbird and Fireman the other day.

I made rough estimates of his age during Ashera's war with Yune, and he should have been at the very least 300 years old. I don't think he would have been so large (judging by the CG) if he was around Kurthnaga's (he's at least a hundred, right?) age. So let's say 300 years of age is enough for him to grow to his maximum size...add 600+ years, and...he's either 900 years old, 1000 years old, or well over 1000 years old.

That's what I like to think, anyway...

The more I think of this, the more it seems like a continuity error (which it probably is). Ena says in RD, "It's just been three years since we saw each other!" Ena didn't know Ike and co. at the beginning of POR. She knew them at the end! This definitely says it's been three years since the finale of POR.

Soren had to be at least 19 years old in PoR, and thus, 22 in RD.

Rajaion disappeared 19 years before the end of PoR (Ike's and Ena's endgame conversation if Ike didn't defeat the Black Knight) to try to save his sister and nephew. (The "Dragons" conversation in Part 4 Endgame [1] in RD). By the time he disappeared, Soren must have already been born. And since Soren was a baby when Rajaion disappeared, he couldn't be TOO much older than 19/22...

On the other hand, Izuka said that Almedha had not seen her son in 15 years (Pelleas-Izuka fight conversation), but the aforementioned Ike-Soren supports make it clear that Soren was much younger than 7 when he was separated from his birth mother. It's either a continuity error or a lie on Izuka's part.

Edited by Paper Jam

Actually I think it(Ena's pregnancy) was longer.

Geh... gamefaqs doesn't have that infocon (not surprising.) I'll have to check the Wii when I get home..

1. I don't think that they ever officially said how long Ena was pregnant.

2. Wouldn't such discussion be better suited to the "Theories on Ena's ending" thread?

Well, Kurthnaga would be one to speculate. In POR, I think Nasir said he was, "More than 100 years old". Now, this usually mean something like "103", but I bring up the Futurama example again:

"This is worth more than $50,000"

"How much more?"

"$100,000"

So, "More than 100" can also mean 500. or 1000. or a hundred billion.

Anyway, we don't get very much in RD, except that he remembers Lehran as "a man with black wings who used to sing" (or something to that effect). But, as we all know, Lehran left Goldoa after a falling out. How long ago did he leave? Kurthnaga's comment on singing is intriguing: Was that Lehran singing some sort of Galdr? If that's the case, then Kurthnaga was alive before the first branded was born. I personally think, though, that it was just Lehran singing, like he did with Ashunera.

Well, Kurthnaga would be one to speculate. In POR, I think Nasir said he was, "More than 100 years old". Now, this usually mean something like "103", but I bring up the Futurama example again:

"This is worth more than $50,000"

"How much more?"

"$100,000"

So, "More than 100" can also mean 500. or 1000. or a hundred billion.

Anyway, we don't get very much in RD, except that he remembers Lehran as "a man with black wings who used to sing" (or something to that effect). But, as we all know, Lehran left Goldoa after a falling out. How long ago did he leave? Kurthnaga's comment on singing is intriguing: Was that Lehran singing some sort of Galdr? If that's the case, then Kurthnaga was alive before the first branded was born. I personally think, though, that it was just Lehran singing, like he did with Ashunera.

Kurthnaga was also described as the youngest dragon in Goldoa (well, before Rajaion II was born, at least...), but I guess if none of the other dragons have a definite age, we can't give Kurthnaga one either.

Speaking of Rajaion II... I feel like such a hypocrite for pointing this out, but Ena's ending says "Goldoa rejoiced at the first dragon born in centuries." That would make Kurthnaga at least 200 years old.

Unless it was a mistranslation of the Japanese, since I think that singular and plural are grammatically the same in Japanese.

Edited by Paper Jam

This has no solid evidense behind it...

But I think we can logically assume that Boyd is near Ike's age, probably 17-19 in PoR

And if he's 17-19 and Rolf is younger (and short compared to boyd, being about mist's height) we can estimate that Rolf is roughly 12-15

But these are just my thoughts

I mean for a large chunk of characters, you can only make assumptions.

I don't think that Micaiah could have been merely one year older than Sothe. The Branded age more slowly than non-Branded, and Micaiah was already at least adolescent while Sothe was just a little boy. (The "Micaiah" conversation in Part 4, Endgame 3)