Theories on character Ages official discussion!

Dily

I remember that I read that Sothe is 15,and Micaiah is 16.

Ike is 21,I beleive?

nope, micaiah is MUCH older than sothe.

she hints that she's much older than sothe, and in a drawing that appeared during the game, a very young Sothe (younger than PoR) was being greeted by a micaiah that looked as a teenager already

Micaiah is most definitely older than 16. My guess would place her around 25-30.

i have to agree. i think this because enough time has passed for her to notice that she doesn't age normally.

if you ask me, she was born before the Serenes Massacre, but that's just me. i don't have evidence to back it up.

i have to agree. i think this because enough time has passed for her to notice that she doesn't age normally.

if you ask me, she was born before the Serenes Massacre, but that's just me. i don't have evidence to back it up.

Lekain did say that Sanaki's older sister was assassinated along with Misaha, and while that's obviously not true and Lekain was a liar in any case, I think most of his lies had just enough grains of truth to... well, seriously confuse people. I think Micaiah being born before Misaha died may have been one of those grains of truth.

Then again, maybe that isn't evidence.

Lekain did say that Sanaki's older sister was assassinated along with Misaha, and while that's obviously not true and Lekain was a liar in any case, I think most of his lies had just enough grains of truth to... well, seriously confuse people. I think Micaiah being born before Misaha died may have been one of those grains of truth.

Then again, maybe that isn't evidence.

oh yeah, i remember now.

i actually think its true. lekain probably twisted the truth for his convenience, so i believe that Micaiah WAS born before Serenes Massacre.

Micaiah being 16 when she met Sothe does make sense; let's just say for the sake of argument that she was born shortly before the Serenes Massacre and would therefore be 23 years old in RD, and Sothe was 12 in PoR and 15 in RD. That would make them 8 years apart, and Sothe did look like an 8-year-old when he first met Micaiah...

Of all the Branded we see in the game, I think Zelgius is the oldest. We don't have ANY references to Stefan's age, so his is 100% up to the imagination. But, we know Zelgius was old enough to fight under Greil's command while he was one of the Four Riders. That was 20+ years ago, and probably before Soren was born. Maybe slightly after Micaiah was born.

• 1 year later...

I think mist rolf and tormod where 12 in por so they would be 15 in now.

Edward and leo look like they are 15.

we cant be sure about dheginsea but we know he is at least older then 1000 same goes for lehran since he is about the same age as dhiginsea.

I think mist rolf and tormod where 12 in por so they would be 15 in now.

Edward and leo look like they are 15.

we cant be sure about dheginsea but we know he is at least older then 1000 same goes for lehran since he is about the same age as dhiginsea.

Rolf and Tormod I can imagine being 12, but between the fact that Mist was old enough to walk and talk when her mother died (as evidenced by Ike's memory scene) and the fact that her mother died more than 10 years before Path of Radiance (if Caineghis in chapter 9 of Path of Radiance is to be believed), I doubt she could have been younger than 13 in Path of Radiance.

Besides, her C-support with Jill in PoR reveals that she was close in age to Jill, and Jill was old enough to serve in the Daein army.

Dheginsea and Lehran were both adults when they fought Yune, and that was nearly 800 years before Radiant Dawn, but they might not be the same age, since dragons and herons do not age at the same rate. (After more than 100 years, Kurthnaga looked adolescent; after a bit more than 20 years, so did Leanne.)

Edited by Paper Jam

Another thing is that both Ike and Mist were born in Gallia. And Ike dosn't remember anything from Gallia, so I guess the age gap between them can't be that big or else Ike would remember something. Since Ike is 17 at the games beginning. (http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=232 The first question asks about Ike's age) I don't consider her younger then 14 or 13 at best.

Another thing is that both Ike and Mist were born in Gallia. And Ike dosn't remember anything from Gallia, so I guess the age gap between them can't be that big or else Ike would remember something. Since Ike is 17 at the games beginning. (http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=232 The first question asks about Ike's age) I don't consider her younger then 14 or 13 at best.

While I agree with your conclusion, the fact that Ike does not remember ever living in Gallia probably has more to do with Sephiran's "memory charm" than Ike's age.

While I agree with your conclusion, the fact that Ike does not remember ever living in Gallia probably has more to do with Sephiran's "memory charm" than Ike's age.

Sadly I haven't seen that scene so far. :(

Back then, when I tried to get it, it was still not entirely known what the requirements are and I just couldn't imagine taking the BK into 1-E would be an actual requirement so I left him at home and just used Nailah. And I have yet to finish my followed playthrough.

Edited by BrightBow-User