Name These Guys/Girls And Their Games

Randoman

I tried this game out on another forum and it worked quite well.

Basically, I'm going to give you a picture list of characters (lower numbered ones being easy to guess and higher numbered ones being harder) from video games and you need to guess who they are and what game they're from. Once someone guesses a character correctly and the poster confirms the answer is correct, the guesser can post the next video game character picture for that number (unless they want to let someone else do so). If multiple people get the character correct, the first one who posted will be the one posting the next character. Also, to keep the game going if a picture poster becomes inactive, if someone answers the questions with enough confidence that their guess is correct, and 36 hours pass from the time the person made that post, they can post the new picture for that number without the picture poster confirming the answer is correct. The only exception will be for the last two pictures, since they'll be the "challenge pictures."

*NEW RULE* Also, if you make a guess, can prove it is correct with a link, and the person doesn't confirm your answer within 4 hours of you posting it, you can post a new picture for that number.

*NEW RULE* If a person guesses a picture correctly, has the poster confirm the answer is correct, but the guesser does not post a new picture within 4 hours, anyone is free to post a new picture for that number.

I know I keep adding new rules, but I want this game to keep going and not die off because of having to wait on others. Feel free to suggest rules or modifications to rules.

Also, regarding rules for pictures, make sure they're appropriate, the character must have originated from a video game (so no Darth Vader, Dracula, Hitler, Naruto or anything like that), and make sure the image name won't give away the character (so make sure the file isn't called Master_Chief.jpeg or HaloCombatEvolved.png or anything really obvious). Also, make sure that even casual gamers will be able to guess numbers 1-3. 8-10 should probably be hard enough that 1 out of 8 gamers would know where they're from. 11-12, be as cruel as you can but stick to the rules. I'll admit, even I don't know if my choices are arranged properly numerically from most known to least known, but try to arrange them as best as you can.

th_YouShouldKnowThisOne.jpg

27xo45c.jpg

ShesTippingover.png

Ieatsoupwiththis.png

Lookedbetterinmyimagination.jpg

HmmLooksKindofFamiliar.jpg?t=1242362402

YouGotSLAPPED.jpg

FunkyHairYouveGotThere.jpg

Whydoeshelooklikeme.jpg

xc8ly.jpg

th_CalmDownMan.png

YouDontKnowHimAtAllDoYou.jpg

And with that, start your guesses!!

Edited by Randoman

[spoiler=Dunno if I should spoiler this or not]1: Sonic CD

2: Kirby series; Return to dreamland, specifically

3: Street Fighter

4: Final Fantasy IV

7: Adventure Island.

9: Bomberman MAX / Bomberman MAX 2

10: Fire Emblem Gaiden

I forgot to mention that you also need to name the character in the picture as well. You got all the ones you guessed right, anyways, so it's up to you if you want to edit in the names of the characters or not.

1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 9, and 10 are all yours crashman (I messed up the opening post, forgetting to mention you need to name the character, so it's only fair). As for putting guesses in spoilers, it's highly recommended so it doesn't spoil the fun for others guessing after you.

Also, I'm pretty sure you know who's in 5. It might take a few minutes to guess who it is.

Edited by Randoman

I think 5's Kabal from Mortal Kombat. The hook swords look like his, but I don't recognize the mask.

Yep, that's right. The mask design is from Mortal Kombat 2011, which is why you probably didn't recognize it.

So, are you wanting to post the new pictures for the game, or should I do it?

Wow, I can't even get half of the ones you posted.

1. Lilligant from Pokemon Black/White

2. Knuckle Joe from Kirby (Super Star if you want to get specific)

7. Kaeli from Final Fantasy Mystic Quest.

Edited by Randoman

I've updated the opening post with my pictures.

Yes, yes, and wow yes.

I'm a big Final Fantasy fan. Well, a fan of the older ones anyways since they're much easier to access and play than the ones in the PS era and onward. Also, I don't know what's with all the FF: MQ hate either (except for it being "different" than the mainstream games).

Oh, that. I change the pictures in the opening post as people guess them correctly. As this thread gets bigger, it'll be more ideal to update the opening post rather than have people check the latest posts for the newest pictures for each number.

But your guess was correct. You can post a picture for number 2 now.

And Jigglypuff can post a picture for number 1, since it's correct.

Edited by Randoman