I got a good lol out of this site

Ansem

Can somebody quote me a verse where the bible says exactly how old the earth is? I'm not trying to prove a point or be a dick here. I honestly want to know.

It just says that the Earth was made however many days, maybe a few (idk which day earth was made) before man did. And rock dating has shown earth to be some billion years old.

Or wait I think million... GOOGLE!!!

Edited by Freohr Abr Datia

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gen 7:20 - Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.

This is bullshit. Even if you ignore the fact that there is zero geological evidence backing it (and the fact that the earth was allegedly covered to the fucking brim with water), and even overlooking the absurdity of forty days and forty nights of rain covering the earth with water, there is no way for the writer to know if the mountains were covered. They didn't even know half the world.

~*Longevity.*~

God asked adam to name every single species in a single day. Every. Single. Species. And this is overlooking the rest of Genesis, because I'm a generous man.

And resurrection? Jegus.

wasn't the whole global warming scare saying that the world was going to be flooded if things continued going the way they were? or did i just hear that from somewhere. (and the way we are going to know if this is true is if they let us up on mt ararat. but that isn't going to happen.)

there's no way to explain the longevity by todays standards. the only guess I can make is that the environment was more suitable to a long life.

it never said one day. it just said that he did it.

and there's the supernatural part.

So ... no verse that say the earth is x thousand years old? Then it probably isn't. I don't see any reason to believe the creation of earth and the creation of man happened within the same week when there are million year old fossils in various parts of the world. Sure one can question fossil dating methods, but that probably won't get anywhere.

So ... no verse that say the earth is x thousand years old? Then it probably isn't. I don't see any reason to believe the creation of earth and the creation of man happened within the same week when there are million year old fossils in various parts of the world. Sure one can question fossil dating methods, but that probably won't get anywhere.

I've heard that carbon dating is off. something about how it assumes the rate of decay was constant and it assumes the same about environmental factors. I'll have to read up on that.

I've heard that carbon dating is off. something about how it assumes the rate of decay was constant and it assumes the same about environmental factors. I'll have to read up on that.

ha ha ha

even if that was true wouldn't that imply that dinosaurs are even older

*googles*

Something like this? http://www.earthage.org/EarthOldorYoung/Radiometric%20Dating,%20and%20The%20Age%20of%20the%20Earth.htm

It kinda looks like the only part that would make it more credible is the heat contamination.

But yeah everyone read/evaluate this to their content since my brain isn't really made to take in this too well yet

Edited by Freohr Abr Datia

Earth age is another bullshit site. Carbon dating is pretty fucking accurate.

Basically, you should always operate under a rule that you don't believe random online sources who have nothing to suggest they have any scientific credibility.

Edited by Defeatist Elitist