Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) And You!

Jyosua

It means that Congress needs an overhaul, and that's something we voters can do.

...And yet "we" won't. "We" like the status quo. "We" like being told what to do. "We" want to be taken care of.

At least that's the message CNN, MSNBC and Fox News has been painting for the last 10 years. Like fools, most voters believe the shit they spew.

I'm a Democrat but I don't believe in Big Government. I have friends who are Republican who believe the Government should help people who can't help themselves. Sure, some of 'em might have warped ideas of how that should be done but Democrats and Republicans are not Night and Day like the media would like people to believe.

To the point: I've sworn off watching broadcast TV until after the Election Cycle is over. That means Netflix and Blizzard are going to make ALOT of money off of me. Mitt Romney was Governor of Masschusetts. The only thing he did that was agreed to be a good thing was Free Healthcare in the state. Now the President models the national plan and the Republicans wanna throw a hissyfit?

...Pfft. my respect for the current congress fell through the basement and past the earth's core after last year. They prettymuch embarrassed us in front of the world >.>:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let us be clear—online piracy is a real problem that harms the American economy, threatens jobs for significant numbers of middle class workers and hurts some of our nation's most creative and innovative companies and entrepreneurs.
So, rather than just look at how legislation can be stopped, ask yourself: Where do we go from here? Don’t limit your opinion to what’s the wrong thing to do, ask yourself what’s right.

Seriously? I think the "right" thing to do is to get on those other government's cases, if it's so damn bad.

I wonder how well the January 18th black-out will work. Or even how many sites will be included.

Wikipedia was throwing their hat into the blackout. I don't know if they will go through with it, but if they do, it will certainly be noticeable by many.

Also, 80% of students will do worse this day.

I wonder how well the January 18th black-out will work. Or even how many sites will be included.

Wait, wait, wait... What sites? (Aside from Wikipedia and Reddit.) And why does it have to be on my birthday, the only time when people bother communicating with me in the first place? DAMN YOU, CONGRESS. D:<

Edited by Popo

After i looked at the few links poster here, Lamar Smith is beginning to get on my Nerves!angry.gif

Just looking at his face makes me cringe!

Edited by Aelphaeis Mangarae

Still, I can't do any of my stuff with the SOPA crap around.

Damn that Lamar Smith and those pro-SOPA freaks.

They are either blind to what will really happen is SOPA passes or they just want everything to collapse into chaos...angry.gif

So, perhaps we should do that blackout thing too?

If nobody looks at advertisement since no one is on the net.. .well... you know, loss of sales and SOPA loses some big league investors.

Let's hope.

Wait, wait, wait... What sites? (Aside from Wikipedia and Reddit.) And why does it have to be on my birthday, the only time when people bother communicating with me in the first place? DAMN YOU, CONGRESS. D:<

I only know of about two sites. Smashboards is apparently run on the Major League Gaming servers which originally hosted it with Godaddy.com

In opposition of SOPA, MLG pulled their databases off godaddy.com since godaddy.com is supporting SOPA. And as another way to act against it, MLG said they were going to do a blackout on the 18th from 8am to 8pm.

That was the first I heard of a blackout, but I have since heard of other sites doing it as well. I do not remember which sites they were though. Do a google search for more about it.

It wouldn't have any effect other than taking the board away from a minor, MINOR group of people. A non-noticeable group of people, as in, it wouldn't do anything for speaking against SOPA. Now, maybe if IB somehow forced all boards using their code to just shut down, that'd be something. But one single site out in the infinite isn't going to matter except for the tiny fractals that already know about it.

I only know of about two sites. Smashboards is apparently run on the Major League Gaming servers which originally hosted it with Godaddy.com

In opposition of SOPA, MLG pulled their databases off godaddy.com since godaddy.com is supporting SOPA. And as another way to act against it, MLG said they were going to do a blackout on the 18th from 8am to 8pm.

That was the first I heard of a blackout, but I have since heard of other sites doing it as well. I do not remember which sites they were though. Do a google search for more about it.

Despite SOPA being shelved, we will still protest because PIPA is still alive.

Besides, I think they're going to attach the nasty bits of this bill to other legislation.