Bored. . . bored. . . .any great strategy/RPG games out there that will get me out of my state of boredom?

I can't wait a month for Tales of the Abyss to come out for the 3DS and I'm pretty much bored with all the games that I play atm. Any great RPG games that you suggest?

I've already played FE(I don't think I should even mentioned that), Final Fantasy 1-6 & 13, Golden Sun. Oh, and Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume. Any others? Thanks for saving me!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But for suggestions, Super Mario RPG, Sailor Moon: Another Story, and Lost Kingdoms I and II.

I will have to try this simply because I cannot believe a sailor moon game could be half-way decent.

Try playing Radiant Historia and Nostalgia, they will keep you busy for at least one week.

Edit: They are DS games, by the way.

Edited by Viyut

Thanks a lot everyone! I MOSTLY play RPG games because they interest me a lot and keep me busy until I beat them a few times then I go try another one. I'll definitely try these games out!

I'm going to have to do them on an emulator(since I don't have the money).The two that I know how to work the best are the SNES emu and the GBA emu(trying to work an DS emu.), I'm not sure how to work out the other types. Thanks again everyone!

TotA huh? Jyama nan da yo, REPURIKAAA

Suggestions:

Tales of Xillia

I've heard some good things about Disgaea.

Super Robot Wars Original Generations for the GBA? Haven't finished that either... hmmm...

If you have a PS3 or PSP, Valkyria Chronicles or Valkyria Chronicles 2?

Edited by shadowofchaos

I sadly don't have have a PS3 or PSP but if I did I would've gotten one or two Valkyria Chronicles games.

As for the DS games I'll try out DeSmuME and so how it works. Thanks!

I'm not bored to death, but I think I'm getting a little bored of the games that I have at the moment, so I am just asking you guys if there are any other RPG/Strategy games out there that are good enough to be recognized here. Thats alright, right?unsure.gif

Edit: Japanese games? I don't mind them: as long as I can read them though, or know what I'm doing.

Edited by Swordmaster Guy

I just bought Tactics Ogre for PSP yesterday. 10 dollars new mind you. Anywho I'm enjoying it so far.

For the original question one can never go wrong with Chrono Trigger. However, I'm sure you've already played it.

I support the recommendations of Lufia, Super Mario RPG and Sailor Moon: Another Story. I've played all of them and they didn't disappoint. Sailor Moon was actually really well done, but if you're a guy, you might find the plot devices and story a little too girly with how the Senshi are always gah gah over some random guy, otherwise a really nice battle system and pretty fun.

I highly recommend Lufia though, I've played it on the SNES but only finished Lufia II, which is a prequel to the original Lufia but released afterwards with an updated battle system. The story / ending made me depressed for about a good week even in the summer D:

March of the Bllllllllllllllllack Queen is nice too, don't forget to pick up Let Us Cling Together too if you play that, Aeon Genesis did an amazing job with the translation. And get a guide for all the treasure spots, you're gonna need it.

Edited by blllllack.mmmmmamba.ops

The question is, what systems do you have? GBA/SNES Emulators, and what else?

Assuming you have a PC, Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 don't take much to run, and they are amazing games. For GBA, I don't know how into Pokemon you are, but those are always a possibility and if you're the type whose already finished the series there's a pretty excellent hack called Pokemon Light Platinum out there. Also, while it's not an RPG, I must suggest Super Metroid if you have an SNES emulator.

Top Pick:

Tales of Symphonia. Enjoy facing Maniac Mode Abyssion. ebilsmirk.gif

Honorable Mentions:

FF9

FF10

FF7 (just to see how overrated it is)

FF13-2 when it comes out later this month? (I'll be trying it since I liked FF13's gameplay)

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

This. Google Super Robot Taisen J, its patch and then have fun. If you like it, playing the Japanese games will be doable if you try.

Or one of the Original Generation games. I'd say they're more beginner friendly than J, and they don't need a patch.