Bored. . . bored. . . .any great strategy/RPG games out there that will get me out of my state of boredom?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've played and beaten ToS(but not Dawn of the New World) with my brothers not to long ago, and haven't played FF7(I forgot to tell you that I have pretty much all Nintendo systems[ meaning having all the systems and mostly owning all Nintendo systems] , the only thing thats not is an Xbox 360 which I've only played FF13. I also have a PS1 emu working on my laptop, but don't have a PC. I got FF8 and Valkyrie Profile"Lenneth" to work on there, but haven't figured out how to get FF7 or 9 to work yet.)

I've still yet to try out the DS emu still, and yes I'm looking for opinions. :P

Oh, and, btw, I've beaten all Fire Emblems. :P

Awesome RPGs for the 360:

Mass Effect 1 + 2

Dragon Age Origins

Tales of Vesperia

Skyrim

And IMO FF13 was fantastic but you've already played it.

Can't go wrong with any of those. Xbox 360 is seriously underrated as an RPG console.

Live-a-Live

Awesome RPGs for the 360:

Mass Effect 1 + 2

Dragon Age Origins

Tales of Vesperia

Skyrim

And IMO FF13 was fantastic but you've already played it.

Can't go wrong with any of those. Xbox 360 is seriously underrated as an RPG console.

You're better off playing most of those on the PC already, though.

How is it underrated when it lacks exclusives, really?

Plus the PS3 version of FF13 is better >_>.

That's not a very good list if you're looking for 360 RPGs! Lost Odyssey is easily the best on the console.

Edited by Tangerine

Plus the PS3 version of FF13 is better >_>.

That's not a very good list if you're looking for 360 RPGs! Lost Odyssey is easily the best on the console.

Well her at least he got ONE game on that list whose 360 version was better than the ps3 version :smug:

And that's despite the ps3 version supposedly being "improved" :smugsmug:

We need smug smilies let's just steal some of SA's they have a ton

Pokemon

Every single one

And all spinoffs

And try advance wars

And megaman battle network//:shot

And super mario RPG//:shot

And try fe10 HM without any 7+move units//:SHOT REPEATEDLY!!!!!!

Live-a-Live

You're better off playing most of those on the PC already, though.

How is it underrated when it lacks exclusives, really?

Well considering he said he had a 360, but a not a PC.... yeah. By underrated, I'm referring to the fact that when everyone, at least in my experience, discovers you have an Xbox, they instantly assume you're an FPS fan. Heaven forbid you enjoy the large amount of good single player games on the console. Also, it has Tales of Vesperia in english, which was enough to sell me, at least.

Also, is there anything makes the PS3 version of FF13 better besides graphics? Obviously the PS3 version looks a bit better but it's not like you're really suffering playing it on Xbox.

Edited by Overlord Zetta

Well considering he said he had a 360, but a not a PC.... yeah. By underrated, I'm referring to the fact that when everyone, at least in my experience, discovers you have an Xbox, they instantly assume you're an FPS fan. Heaven forbid you enjoy the large amount of good single player games on the console. Also, it has Tales of Vesperia in english, which was enough to sell me, at least.

Also, is there anything makes the PS3 version of FF13 better besides graphics? Obviously the PS3 version looks a bit better but it's not like you're really suffering playing it on Xbox.

you don't have to deal with the multiple disks on ps3. but when you're dealing with the same game on different consoles, everything is going to be about the same because the fact it was made by the same people.

...what

That can't be helped when Halo is widely known as the Xbox's main game.

you don't have to deal with the multiple disks on ps3. but when you're dealing with the same game on different consoles, everything is going to be about the same because the fact it was made by the same people.

^ This is pretty much the biggest reason, and more important than any graphical differences between the two. Having it on multiple discs is ridiculous when they make you switch between them constantly just to backtrack.

^ This is pretty much the biggest reason, and more important than any graphical differences between the two. Having it on multiple discs is ridiculous when they make you switch between them constantly just to backtrack.

Wait... What?

Don't they make you switch discs to go back to certain areas? I recall that being a complaint for users at launch. I haven't played the 360 version.

Actually, perhaps backtracking is the wrong word, I don't think you're actually allowed to go back much. I just remember people complaining about having to switch discs often for something.

Edited by Tangerine

I don't think you ever have to switch discs.

FFXIII for the 360 came out in a multiple disk set because the xbox was rushed out of development and wasn't ready for FFXIII's graphics, (that was what my friend told me who has this on the 360) ps3 took longer to come out, but it was the better system and didn't need to have it broken up into disks.

and you can't really backtrack until the end of the game. that's where it gives you the options to go to pulse or cocoon.

FFXIII for the 360 came out in a multiple disk set because the xbox was rushed out of development and wasn't ready for FFXIII's graphics, (that was what my friend told me who has this on the 360) ps3 took longer to come out, but it was the better system and didn't need to have it broken up into disks.

and you can't really backtrack until the end of the game. that's where it gives you the options to go to pulse or cocoon.

Stuff I already know.

I don't recall having to switch discs though other then when you had to.