[SFDTT: FE4]

Integrity

Chapter 10 - Cam's mixed-feelings day

So, just before I played this chapter, I accidentally vacuumed up my favorite tie. With one of those old vacuums that make it impossible to check the bag. I just finished smashing my face in.

On the other hand, I pulled off something amazing.

dEkC.pngdElg.png

Count those fucking dots.

This took meticulous planning and revision to work, but it was totally worth it -

Luckily enough, every single member of my team has enough RES to tank the sleep staff mages with the Barrier Ring. Except, like, Tristan and Fin. And Oifaye. BUt who cares about them?

REGARDLESS, Celice runs straight south, burning everything in his path to a bloody pulp. Hilda dies on turn 4. Arthur and Hawk run down after him, albiet slightly slower. As soon as this is done, Fee warps Hawk to the second castle, and she did Arthur afterwards. Celice kills that Ovo clone, takes the second castle two turns later. This is where I could have saved a turn or two with Rescue, fuck you Sety. I was thinking about having Fee fly straight west to warp Celice back to the regular castle, but she didn't go fast enough. Instead, she flies straight north, getting what EXP she can on the way. Make sure she gets damaged. Once she hits the yellow ceiling, wait.

Celice runs back up, with Arthur and Hawk providing backup (Oifaye and Fin walked the long way, but they didn't do a whole lot - they made great magic fodder). Without stopping, Arthur murders Ishtar, clearing the path for Celice to seize on turn 11. Once Palmark appears, get Fee to go protect him. You want her at the edge of Palmark's range - this is important. His AI is to heal player units, so with this method you can draw him over to Alvis's area. The dark mages should prioritize Fee or the children, but I had her with a mend staff just in case (it was a good thing). I had her with a Javelin, just to weigh her down against those dark mages so she'd get hit on Player Phase. WIth this tactic of 'hit DM, get hit, retreat to edge of palmark's range', I got him within range of the meteor mages near Alvis. This is where Fee's Mend staff came in handy, since he would've died otherwise. Celice/Arthur (and Hawk, to a lesser extent) destroyed the Grunen Ritter, clearing the path for Celice to talk to Palmark on turn 14. A 30 STR Celice does exactly 40 damage to Alvis's 80 HP, given that both hits connect (Palmark died shortly after the conversation, but I didn't care - the legendary sword was in my hands). With this in mind, I proceeded to cross my fingers and attack. With Fee/Hawk's healing, Alvis finally fell on Celice's sword during the player phase of turn 16. I could've done it a turn sooner if the RNG had decided to cooperate with me on the EP of the previous turn, but I don't care. then again if I manage to get final in 10 turns I shall be upset

16/212 turns

I HAVE 9 TURNS TO WIN THE GAME. HERE WE GO.

---

EDIT:

Because puush decided to stop working on me for some inane reason, I didn't have any full-size screenshots so I'm reduced to photobucket.

Final - Asian powers, y u fail me?

Let me say first: This chapter was fucking awful. So many things to keep track of.

I started out by having Celice bumrush the first castle, seizing on turn 6. Fee followed him, warping him home the second he did so. Next turn, he runs out of the castle to engage Burian with Sety Hawk and Arthur. Fee stays where she is, fighting the axe knights to build up EXP. Seize.

Next castle, Arthur clears a path and Celice runs straight up to the castle, bypassing Hilda's brigade entirely. Thanks, conveniently unguarded chokepoint!

This is where it gets difficult. In order to pull this off properly, a few things have to happen:

First, Fee has to be pretty far out of the way, or the pegasus sisters will target her, which is bad. Arthur and Celice ran ahead, fighting off Ishtar's troops (Ishtar fell pretty easily) along the way. Pretty straightforward.

But to avoid dealing with the fuckers on the way to Yuria's castle, I remembered a trick used in my Patty solo.

FireEmblem4-SeisennoKeifuJ_00009.jpg

This guy is a dark warlord. If you can draw the others away (put Celice in the range of Yurius's meteor), then he should be fairly far behind because of his low move. Take a look at his weapon. Now remember what Fee joins with. You FE4 junkies can see where I'm going with this.

FireEmblem4-SeisennoKeifuJ_00006.jpg

Now, in hindsight, I got insanely lucky. This is hard to pull off already, since the Berserk Sword doesn't always inflict status. Then he actually has to hit Yurius (engage the others with Celice and he'll be alone with Yurius - it took a few tries). It hit. Somehow. I managed to get all this to work on the third try.

I healed Fee with Hawk, and then took advantage of my luck ASAP.

Now, obligatory screenshot:

FireEmblem4-SeisennoKeifuJ_00007.jpg

And then it turns out that you still have to actually seize the damn castle.

16 turns

===

228 turns total

Edited by Camtech

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Character Analysis - Well-deserved triple post

FireEmblem4-SeisennoKeifuJ_00000.jpg

Celice - The greatest unit of all fucking time

This man never lets up. Runs around and kills shit dead. Good times. This was the first time I've had the Leg Ring on him, it was definitely worth it.

FireEmblem4-SeisennoKeifuJ_00001.jpg

Arthur - The second greatest unit of all fucking time

Also never let up. Except for that one time he broke Holsety.

And Shin made the right choice in ceding Levin!Arthur to me in favor of Sylvia, he was definitely not as gamebreaking as some of us had suspected. Although if I'd had Laylea, I think the outcome would have been different

FireEmblem4-SeisennoKeifuJ_00002.jpg

Fee - dear lord yes

She was instrumental in several of my clears. Chapter 10 and Final would have been much longer if I hadn't had her around with that Warp staff (and Berserk Sword).

I would not recommend trying to pull the stunt that I did. It was probably a better shot to get Sharlow/Hannibal for the Berserk Staff, which Hawk could've used.

FireEmblem4-SeisennoKeifuJ_00003.jpg

Hawk - Replacement goldfish

I was miffed to learn that I had no Rescue nor did I have Reserve. Those seriously would have helped. Still, though, he was a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield; that Lightning tome was vicious. And his delicious Physic/Restore maneuvers got me through chapter 10 with minimal fuss.

My laughter at the fact that I had actually drafted him for kicks and giggles is likewise unmatched.

FireEmblem4-SeisennoKeifuJ_00004.jpg

Fin - The second banana

He was like Fee's older brother. Almost literally, since her real brother was MIA. He stood by her while she trained in the defense of Lenster, but soon faded into obscurity as he became obselete. He did have some moments, like when he took potshots at Arione/Altenna in Ch9 and the Final respectively.

FireEmblem4-SeisennoKeifuJ_00005.jpg

Oifaye - That dude

Oifaye was the bench warmer through chapter 6, and then again in chapter 9. Chapter 7, he saw some use in luring away Jacoban's doods. 8, he defended home base valiantly. Chapter 10, he... did something. Final, he was demoted from castle-guard in favor of Shanan (who never got attacked due to his ridiculous avo).

FireEmblem4-SeisennoKeifuJ_00008.jpg

Daisy - Money fountain

Free cash, I guess.

FireEmblem4-SeisennoKeifuJ_00010.jpg

Tristan - Official Arena sit-in

Filler pick!

Johan, Tinny and Asaello - Bloodstains

Johan - met his death attacking Celice. At least he was doing it for love, and for Radney!

Tinny - given the posthumous title of 'Least strategy-impacting enemy unit ever', for her brave feat of bumrushing a bloodthirsty Fee.

Asaello - collateral damage, the HITMAN OF CONNACHT didn't know to stay out of Celice's way.

sety.png

Sety - Absent

And he stole my Reserve Staff, too! His Rescue efforts combined with flying Warp could actually have cut those 6 turns. probably not but I can dream

---

Final thoughts

Seeing how rusty I am at this, I'm amazed that I did as well as I did. The lack of a dancer and the lack of Rescue made for some really difficult chapters. Quite frankly, I wouldn't have come up with the idea of abusing Palmark's AI to get the Tyrfing faster if I wasn't headdesking over trying to get around the fact that Sety disappeared.

Some part of me wants to redo Gen 2 and see if Rescue can cut down those last 6 turns, but probably not. I did this entire thing in one weekend, pretty much, and school is going to eat up my playing time like nothing else.

Edited by Camtech

That's a clever trick you did in final, I actually had never thought of it. Do Berserked units still get leadership star bonuses? If so, the hit rate wouldn't be unbelievable sketchy.

And FE4 drafters are the best, we're almost done!