The Quest for the Not So Holy Lyle

Mufasa

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next Episode: Elemental

*Vor finally turns around.*

Vor: Ready or not. Here I come. *He scans the area.* (Hm. There all hidden very well....I can’t seem to tell where any of them are......) .....Ah. Well. Best to go after the best hidden one first. *He jumps forward toward the small lake in front of him. He reaches the edge of the water.* ......*He jumps again through the waterfall in front of him. As he emerges from the other side of it, drenched in water, he spots Masu who is wide eyed.* Hello.

Masu: O_o WHAT THE HELL?!?! HOW DID YOU FIND ME?!?

Vor: *He grabs Masu and flings him outside into the lake. Masu lands in the water as Vor steps out of the waterfall. He uses the earth to create stepping stones for himself.* The water obstructs my vision of you, and the crashing of the water overpowered the sound of your breathing. Truly, that was a spectacular hiding spot Masu.

Masu: Then how the hell did you find me?

Vor: If I told you, that would ruin the point of the exercise. But don’t feel bad. I targeted you because you had the best hiding spot. *He snaps his fingers. On the shore of the lake Cymbeline and Desdemona are flung from behind a log and come crashing into the lake.*

Cymbeline: .____.

Desdemona: Couldn’t you just tell us to come out?

Vor: Also, *He hits the wall behind him and out of the tree that hung above the waterfall Fox comes falling down into the lake.*

Fox: <_<

Masu: So now what? We fail the exercise?

Vor: Not at all. We haven’t even started yet.

Everyone: What?!

Masu: Then what was the point of all that!?

Vor: A warm up. Now that you know the rules of the game, it’s my turn to hide. Now turn around and count to 20.

Fox: But you gave us to 100.

Vor: I won’t need that long.

*They all give him a nasty look. Then they get out of the water and turn around. Vor disappears into the ground beneath him. The group opens their eyes and survey the area.*

Fox: ....I don’t see him anywhere...

Masu: I know where he is! *He jumps across the stepping stones and hops through the waterfall.*

Desdemona: Why would he hide in the same place Masu did?

Fox: He wouldn’t. Masu’s an idiot.

Masu: *Comes out of the waterfall.* Well, he’s not in there....

Fox: There’s a suprise....

Cymbeline: Well wait a minute. What does this have to do with Elemental powers? There’s gotta be some way we can use them to accomplish this.

Fox: That’s a good idea....

Masu: I got it!

Fox: Oh no....

Masu: What if we used a fire spell to light this place on fire! That way we can flush him out of hiding! He clearly isn’t in the lake, so he’d have to come to us!

Desdemona: We can’t do that!!

Masu: Why not!?

Fox: Cause this is a training session! Not a real live battle. Plus this is all his stuff! We can’t just burn it down!

Masu: After how much of a jerk he’s being?

Fox: We can come up with a better idea. Now-

Masu: How come we can’t ever use mine huh?! Why is it such a bad idea?!

Fox: Will you shut-up?!

Masu: Make me!

Cymbeline: Stop fighting you two. This isn’t solving anything! And it’s only a training session.

Masu: .....

Fox: Now. We know he can use the earth to his advantage. So we can’t rule out the possibility that he’s underground.

Desdemona: How do we get him there?

Masu: Digging?

Fox: We must have to use our elemental powers. So why don’t we use the water here in the lake? If he’s hiding underground there’s enough water here to flush him out.

Cymbeline: Are we gonna be able to lift all that water?

Fox: If we al work together, then probably.

Masu: ......

*They gather around the lake.*

Desdemona: ......So how exactly do we do this without a tome?

Fox: .......I’m not sure....

Masu: Tch. *He holds his hand out towards the water and concentrates. As he does so, a few liters of the water spouts out of the lake.* Amateurs.

Cymbeline: *Pushes Masu into the lake.* Idiot. Vor said to be aware of your surroundings.

Masu: <_< *Gets up out of the water.* All you need to do is concentrate on the area you want to move. We already have the skills to do a spell, all we really need to do is apply that to another area. Tomes are just books. It’s us that makes the spell. Tomes are just a tool that amplifies the power.

Fox: How do you know all this?

Masu: I’m a self-taught mage. I couldn’t afford tomes. I had to make due without them.

Fox: Okay. Let’s just try lifting the lake first.

*They all follow Masu’s example. After a few seconds the lake starts to rise.*

Fox: Okay! Let’s try splitting it into 4 parts! *They manage to split the contents of the lake into four parts.* Everyone ready!?

Desdemona: Yup!

Cymbeline: Uh-huh!

Masu: Sure.

Fox: Drop it over the ground! *The lake’s contents spill over the ground. After a few minutes it seeps into the dirt beneath it.* It might take a minute for him to get flushed out.

*Meanwhile. Two stalactites are wrapped around Vor’s feet as he hangs from the ceiling and watches.*

Vor: (Not bad kids. But, you didn’t get me.)

Fox: ......

Cymbeline: Should it take this long?

Fox: .____.

Desdemona: Maybe he’s not under ground after all....

Masu: Hm....

Fox: What?

Masu: I was just thinking....how was he able to find us all so easily. He couldn’t see or hear me...and I doubt he has that good a sense of smell....And even if he did, there was plenty of moss around to cover it.....how was he able to find me....

Fox: You think we can use that to find him?

Masu: Did he say anything else that might give us a hint?

Cymbeline: Maybe the whole: “Be aware of your surroundings” thing?

Fox: I got it!

Masu: What?

Fox: Gimme a second. *She closes her eyes. Then she opens them and points toward the ceiling.* THERE! *She points at a shocked Vor.*

Vor: !!!! Impressive. ....Though how do you plan on tagging me?

Fox: Um.....

Vor: No matter, you found the point of the exercise anyway. *He drops down. When he hits the ground the floor beneath him cracks.*

Desdemona: Wait, what she do?

Vor: She used the power of the elements to detect my aura.

Masu: Huh?

Vor: She may not have done it intentionally, but by using your control over the elements you can detect the aura of others around you. Fox, while you were doing that, you also detected the auras of the others correct?

Fox: I guess. If that was their auras I was sensing.

Vor: The fact that you can detect my aura means you have enough control over your power to use the elements. Now I want the rest of you to try it. Then now that we know the skills needed, we’ll start working on the powers.

Everyone: Okay!

*Plane.*

Lea: Um....milady....how do you plan on reviving Damon Feath Settrock....his corpse resides in the plane of Maximus....going there would be suicide....

Celestire: I have a plan. Do not worry Lea. Even if they found me, I’m sure I could handle it.

Lea: B-but-!

Celestire: Do not worry. *She holds Lea’s face.* I shall be more then fine when he is revived.

Lea: ......

*The Realm of the Dead who are not at peace. The bodies of several people lay at Damon’s feet. Sephiroth’s sword is drenched in blood.*

Damon: I dunno what’s goin on.....but I’m enjoying it. *He laughs.*

To Be Continued

Next Episode: Mental.

Next Episode: Mental.

*Songbird sits under the waterfall as it crashes down upon her. She’s motionless, but her face clearly shows some impatience.*

Songbird: ........

Vor: *He sits at the table with his feet on it and sips some tea.* .....Idus, make some more tea will you?

Idus: Er....is this why you wanted me to stay?

Vor: Just get the tea.

Idus: <_< *Gets up and walks away.*

Vor: How are you doing there Miss Song?

Song: .......

Vor: Good. If you’ve lost track, you’ve been under the waterfall for about 3 hours now.

Song: ......How long do I need to stay under here till I get to the next level of training?

Vor: About a week.

Song: O_O *She gets up and walks out of the waterfall.* I CAN’T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!! GAHH!!!!

Vor: Huh.

Idus: *Walks back with a pot of tea.* Wow. I’ve never seen that girl angry before. But you sure managed to do it.

Vor: I’m honored.

Songbird: What the hell is the point of staying there for a week?! Wouldn’t I starve!?

Vor: No. A human being can go for more then a week without food. And if you can’t figure out how to get a drink under a waterfall, then you’re a hopeless case.

Songbird: *Eye twitch.* Grrrrr......

Vor: Would you like something to eat? You’ll have to start over again, so it’s fine if you eat now.

Songbird: Isn’t there another way I can do this? You know, without sitting under a waterfall for a week?!

Vor: Nothing comes to mind.

Songbird: ........

Vor: If you can split that blade of grass down the middle, then we’ll talk about moving on.

Songbird: *Takes Idus’ sword without asking and holds it to the grass on the table.*

Idus: Huh!? HEY!

Songbird: .......*She swings down, misses the blade of grass, but pierces through the table.*

Idus: O_o

Vor: .___.

Songbird: GAH!!! *Rips the sword out of the table and throws it at Idus’ feet. Then she storms back to the waterfall.*

Idus: Be careful with that!!! It’s a sword!!! It’s dangerous.

Vor: Hm. She’s showing improvement afterall.

Idus: Huh?

Vor: Look where the sword landed.

Idus: *He looks at his feet to see that the sword pierced the ground just before his foot.* Er....I really hope that wasn’t luck....

Vor: She doesn’t realize it, but she’s gotten better. It’s not something you notice that you’re getting better at.

Idus: .....

*3 hours later.*

Songbird:........GAH!!! THAT’S IT!!! I’M NOT DOING THIS ANYMORE!!!!!

Vor: *Spits out tea all over Idus’ face in suprise.*

Idus: GAH!!! IT BURNS!!!

Songbird: *Storms over.* I DON’T CARE ANYMORE!! I’M SICK OF DOING THIS!!!!

Vor: O_o Er....just calm down miss Songbird....

Songbird: NO DAMMIT!! I’VE NEVER BEEN SO IRKED IN MY LIFE!!!

Idus: *Rolls on the floor in pain.*

Vor: .......Then let’s get serious.

Songbird: What?

Vor: Try it one more time. *He takes the sword from Idus’ sheath.*

Idus: *Wipes his face, which is red from the hot tea.* ow.....

Vor: Split the grass down the middle. *He flips the sword and offers the hilt to her.*

Songbird: .......

Vor: Try it. I think you can do it.

Songbird: Huh? Hm....*She takes the sword. Holds it to the blade of grass. Then she swings down.*

Idus: ......

Songbird: I did it!! *The grass is split perfectly down it’s center.*

Idus: Alright Songbird!

Vor: No. That’s not it.

Idus: Huh?

Songbird: WHAT?!

Vor: *He picks up a blade of grass.* The true point of all these training exercises, was not to learn how to use your abilities. It was about one basic thing. *He places the grass on the table.* Give me the sword.

Songbird: *Hands it to him.*

Vor: The true purpose, *He holds the sword to the grass.* was to learn how to find, *He flips the blade to cut horizontally, then with quick speed cuts the grass’ top half off.* a different outcome.

Songbird: What?

Vor; In every battle situation, there is always more then one way to fight. There will always be another option. A warrior will always look for those many options in battle and in an instant will decide on what they think will be their best option. Whether the option is to cut vertically, horizontally, or just plain flee from the battle. One must always see those many outcomes.

Songbird: ......

Idus: .....

Vor: Now. Phase one of training is complete. *The ground behind them opens up. Two Vor clones appear and disintegrate and the others show up in a similar fashion as to how they left.* Now that we’re all here, I’d like to congratulate you all on passing the first part of the training. We will now move onto actual combat.

Masu: *After they all regain their composure.* Wait, where’s Princess?

Vor: She over-exerted herself in the last training exercise. So I’m giving her a break.

Cymbeline: Is she okay?!

Vor: She’s perfectly fine.

Arc: ......

Vor:*Huddled over Princess. Kiryn, Arc and Bianchi look at her concerned.* I’m going to ask you all to keep this quiet for now. I don’t want anyone to be distracted.

Bianchi: Well what about us?! We’ll be concerned!

Vor: I promise you all that I will make sure she is fine. She’ll be fine. I swear it.

Kiryn: They’re gonna notice she isn’t there.

Vor: Let me take care of that.

Arc: ......You’re a bastard you know that?

Vor: ......

Bianchi: Arc!

Arc: He is. He nearly kill Princess and now he’s trying to hide it from everyone else to make them keep respecting him!

Vor: I’m not hiding it. You can tell them later. But for now, for the sake of this training, keep it under wraps. I promise I will get her in perfect condition.

Arc: ....

Vor: Now, if you’re all ready, let’s get started.

To Be Continued.

Next Episode: Blizzard.

It's worth noting that the next part of the training won't be actually shown.

I will however occupy that time with the whole next sequence with Lyle, Rauz, Branded etc etc etc.

Wow, you really captured all of their personalities.

Thank you.

That's probably the best compliment I've gotten for any of my stories.

With the exception of Kiryn's

"ZOMG!!! SEPHIROTH!!!"

In The History of Lyle Dayek