Localization Petition

Crimson Red

Again, I'll point out the irony in it not being worth people's time to potentially help themselves but it is somehow worth their time to say that it's a waste of time, which simply cannot help them in any way. No matter how small the chances are of it doing something, it still might. What else are you going to do with those 15 seconds? Type out that petitions are useless? Because I don't see how that is any less useless.

I'm just saying, if a full fledged campain from the Starmen.net guys didn't work (for localizing Nintendo games), nothing will.

I'm just saying, if a full fledged campain from the Starmen.net guys didn't work (for localizing Nintendo games), nothing will.

Nah. I'm sure if Nintendo felt they could after all that campaigning, they would've published Mother 3 with a ton of fan fair. There were, however, two game breaking items in motion that prevented that from happening.

#1. Content like the Magipsys would easily set concerned ill-informed parents over the edge. That's the sort of press Nintendo cannot afford to have.

#2. Itoi was, if memory serves, unwilling to make design compromises to accommodate the former. Artistic integrity and all that.

Fire Emblem does not have anything like that. Sure sure, the pre GBA era had some squeak in it but that was a long time ago. Take the advantage and FLY with it. Otherwise, you're your own worst enemy.

The localization worries me ever since the 12th installment. Do you think that there is some way that we can get the fans riled up again like back then in the old days for Rekka No Kens release? I'm saying that there might be a chance that we may never see another installment overseas again and that worries me. .___.

EDIT: Because why would Nintendo Of Japan do regional lockout on the newest 3DS system?

This link here is what brings up the concern.

http://gemakei.com/2011/12/30/fire-emblem-awakening-resurfaces/

Edited by Elesa

Hey, it worked for Xenoblade.

Hey, it worked for Xenoblade.

It worked for Xenoblade in the same sense that my localize Super Mario 3D Land petition worked.

That's because 1) Xenoblade wasn't being ignored, it was being waited on, and 2) people actually put money on preorders.

Hopefully with enough importing the same thing may happen to the future of the FE franchises. I noticed that it's much easier to import the FE franchises now that I've actually found some imported copies of FE12 at amazon.com.

That's a pretty negative article but regardless, I do also have fears that such a thing might happen. Even SF, what I think is the biggest and bestest Fire Emblem fansite in existence right now, is not all that active. My point is that people don't get as excited and the FE series just doesn't seem nearly as popular. But if this game comes out and the English voice acting doesn't suck shit (like many games) I think this could be a VERY good game that would bring back life to the series. That's why I'm going to be insane and push for it to be localized--if we at least get people's attention and spread the word, more people are likely to buy the game/support it, and if a miracle happens we might get someone who matters' attention just enough that they realize that there's a lot of merit for everyone in releasing it everywhere. Because companies doubt themselves--and with good reason--when 3 games in a row were less-than-popular for many people (FE9 had "boring animations", FE10 had "terrible and boring plot", FE11 was "extremely bland and plotless", just to name some common thoughts of people who have played the game, though I don't agree with all of them).

I forgot where I was going with this so I'm just going to end this post here.

I love the excuse for online petitions; "it's better than doing nothing". Except, no, not really, it's exactly the same thing, minus the minute or so it took you to sign the petition.

Negative Nancy detected <:

You can't possibly waste my time, because my time is worthless!

That's because 1) Xenoblade wasn't being ignored, it was being waited on, and 2) people actually put money on preorders.

yl9DE.gif

I'll admit, I don't know how to preorder something which I'm not sure will be available for me to purchase. Does Nintendo pay attention to how many people import? Or do they still put that dumb label on their games they did with Ouendan that "It is illegal to play or sell this game outside Japan"

Some website still had an English version of Xenoblade up on their website (amazon?) as preorder-able for some reason. Also, it's probably notable to mention that more people probably wanted Xenoblade than people would want an SRPG.

What if each of us imported 10 right now, and gave all of them to Child's Play raw? That would be cool, I think. Maybe not effective, but cool.

I'll admit, I don't know how to preorder something which I'm not sure will be available for me to purchase. Does Nintendo pay attention to how many people import? Or do they still put that dumb label on their games they did with Ouendan that "It is illegal to play or sell this game outside Japan"

I don't know if they still put that disclaimer about illegal sales, but that's founded on two things, I think: copyright laws (more like content being transferred in and out of countries, with copyright on top), and profits. One is about keeping legalities in check--the other is about making sure as much money for the developers actually funnels to the developers, not getting "lost" along the way in the pockets of sellers.

Mm... perhaps I didn't make myself clear. The thing with petitions, is that it isn't the signatures that are important. It's the noise and press.

This is the most apathetic, "Oh, if it's not too much of a bother", lazy, insecure, self conscious petition I've seen in recent memory. It's being run as if the signatures will fill themselves.

Dude, get on your soap box, snag a paper megaphone, and put on your porkpie hat. Don't settle until you've got your petition on all the fan sites front pages. Get a system going. Tackle the gaming news. Otherwise this is just a futile effort in an activity that's just above wishful thinking.