Localization Petition

Crimson Red

Note: Trolls, idiots, smart-asses, and like-minded people will be ignored.

This is a petition to localize Fire Emblem: Kakusei, the 13th Fire Emblem installment, into North America. The idea is to get enough support that when it's time for this to be localized, NoA can already see the support it has, instead of waiting for a long time to see what will happen or trying to get a petition going almost 2 years after the game was released when the game and/or system it is on is old (not that the 3DS will be old for a while).

http://www.change.org/petitions/nintendo-of-america-localize-the-13th-fire-emblem-installment-fire-emblem-kakusei-into-na

Sign, tell all your friends. We should try to use one petition instead of multiple so we can focus our efforts. Furthermore if someone wants to take this over for me and manage it, I'd appreciate it, since I am not actually all that interested in doing so. Furthermore I'm not really into taking suggestions or doing things a certain way with this so if you really have a strong opinion, find some other way to share it. For me, getting a large number of signatures is good enough...

Thank you and have a great day.

Scarlet Crystals

28 minutes ago

Considering they've localized every single one since 7, there's a pretty good chance it'll see a english localization even without a petition.

Oh my.

I will sign it, but I believe we will get it anyway. Nintendo isn't going to ignore any jap games with the 3ds. They will localize as much as they can so the 3ds is more presentable.

I agree that 1) there isn't much need for it and 2) it probably won't have an effect but we as fans don't have much options to try and get what we want from video game developers. Petitioning is one of the few things we can do and if it comes to this it's better that we already have something than waiting until it's too late to take what's already an action with uncertain and likely minimal consequences.

If there's a 5% chance of it helping change the localization decision 5% in favor of it being localized, then I think we should take that chance. :\

I agree that 1) there isn't much need for it and 2) it probably won't have an effect but we as fans don't have much options to try and get what we want from video game developers. Petitioning is one of the few things we can do and if it comes to this it's better that we already have something than waiting until it's too late to take what's already an action with uncertain and likely minimal consequences.

If there's a 5% chance of it helping change the localization decision 5% in favor of it being localized, then I think we should take that chance. :\

And I agree with you. Though as I stated above, I am pretty sure not bringing it over would hurt a lot more than anything. The 3ds is hurting for games, and Nintendo is rushing to remedy that....though I have a feeling we might get it later than normal if it does come over.

...Except there isn't.

NOA Executive: "Hmm... I don't think we will be localizing this new fire emblem game, unless someone can give me a good reason." *readies the "Denied" stamp*

NOA Employee: "Wait sir! There's an online petition..... WITH 41 SIGNATURES!"

NOA Executive: "Oh my god! That changes everything! Let the localization begin!"

Um, it has been up for ~20 hours and has ~50 votes. That doesn't seem too bad to me.

Edit: And then of course people decide that signing the petition isn't worth their time but typing out reasons that it isn't worth your time is? I mean, it can't hurt unless it has pitifully few votes so NoA thinks no one cares, which those people are only encouraging.

Edited by Rewjeo

Um, it has been up for ~20 hours and has ~50 votes. That doesn't seem too bad to me.

How many people have played this series in the last 20 hours. That's how many votes ARE NOT here XD And that's not even a sizable amount to consider--which then shows how pitiful the 50 vote count is (was). Even if all those players signed the petition, it still wouldn't be worth anything.

Edited by Celice

I think petitions follow a logistics curve, so the only place to go from rock bottom is up. It'd be more worthwhile to just sign than fight against it, unless you have some traumatic experience with petitions or just hate Fire Emblem. :\

Or if you don't feel like handing out your address to some random site demanding it for absolutely no reason?

Edited by Othin

I love the excuse for online petitions; "it's better than doing nothing". Except, no, not really, it's exactly the same thing, minus the minute or so it took you to sign the petition.

I love the excuse for online petitions; "it's better than doing nothing". Except, no, not really, it's exactly the same thing, minus the minute or so it took you to sign the petition.

If it makes them feel more likely to get it, let them do it. After FE12, they have all the right in the world to be worried. Petitions give people comfort.

Again, I'll point out the irony in it not being worth people's time to potentially help themselves but it is somehow worth their time to say that it's a waste of time, which simply cannot help them in any way. No matter how small the chances are of it doing something, it still might. What else are you going to do with those 15 seconds? Type out that petitions are useless? Because I don't see how that is any less useless.

And as for giving out your address on the petition... you are aware you can put gibberish in, right?

Petitions alone are useless. But they do make for a fascinating rallying point. The thing with petitions, is that it isn't the signatures that are important. It's the noise and press. The fact that people sign them give people the sensation that they're doing something worthwhile to help the cause.

If you can get all the Fire Emblem fan sites/communities riled about this, and from there, the mainstream gaming press, you'll create something worth talking about. And when people talk it gets the corporation's attention.

Still, even with their attention, they can choose to ignore it after crunching the numbers. But at that point, the'll be canceling it for a 'reason', and lack of interest won't be one of them.