Zombies Needed--Spriter Request

Dess

So yea, errm.

I'm Dess, director of the zombie hack and we need spriters.

If you don't know what the hack is about, check it out here:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28111

Basically, we're looking for people who are capable of making competent splices/custom work for our hack.

If you checked the link out above, you can see the general low quality of the stuff we already have.

So yea... if you can sprite well better than what's there already, we'll be glad to accept you.

We also need some animations/battle sprites and map sprites, so if you're capable there, that'd be awesome.

If you're interested, please post a reply below with a link to a spriting topic/portfolio of sorts.

This hack is rapidly growing and chances are will have a wide audience, so this is a great opportunity to get your name out there/show off your work.

Hey, don't sweat it. I'm currently in no position to sprite ATM, as my main computer's broken. Even then, I know I'm not that good. Good luck finding someone better.

Ah, you misunderstood.

We're not looking for a zombie sprite in and of itself, just people willing to sprite for the project as a whole.

At the moment, we're concerned about getting mugs for one or two boss characters, a new portrait for a fighter, and updates to the rest of our sprites.

Sholes, I'm sorry, but after some discussion, we decided that your work is not really up to par. Archangel, I vaguely remember you having a gallery but we couldn't find it. Unless you can show us something of higher quality than what I can find digging through the contest boards, the same holds for you.

edit: okay we apparently did find it and they never told me and I'm sorry to report that our decision hasn't changed

Edited by Camtech

Ah, you misunderstood.

We're not looking for a zombie sprite in and of itself, just people willing to sprite for the project as a whole.

At the moment, we're concerned about getting mugs for one or two boss characters, a new portrait for a fighter, and updates to the rest of our sprites.

If that is the case... What needs updating and what types of boss characters?

Here are some FE Planet threads with my works

My link

My SECOND link

Tarkaris, I apologize but after consulting with the team, we decided you're not fit for the criteria.

You have many good splices and battle sprites, but we feel as though you wouldn't be fit for higher level editing as you have quite a bit of pillow-shading in many of your sprites.

Since I feel as though many people aren't aware of the work we have at the moment in order to develop comparisons and judge competency, please check the images below.

Sampler.png

These were made by me and Cedar. <--Also Budgie in my avatar.

We're looking for spriters who can easily spot errors, make corrections to existing problems, and create sprites that look much better than the ones above.

Edited by Dess

Tarkaris, I apologize but after consulting with the team, we decided you're not fit for the criteria.

You have many good splices and battle sprites, but we feel as though you wouldn't be fit for higher level editing as you have quite a bit of pillow-shading in many of your sprites.

Since I feel as though many people aren't aware of the work we have at the moment in order to develop comparisons and judge competency, please check the images below.

Sampler.png

These were made by me and Cedar. <--Also Budgie in my avatar.

We're looking for spriters who can easily spot errors, make corrections to existing problems, and create sprites that look much better than the ones above.

Did you look through all of the material or only a few? I understand if you've examined everything but all you did was go through one or two items...

BTW, The bottom right's hair seems to be off a shade with the contrast. It seems to go from light grey to dark to outline color.

Just saying.

I looked through everything, along with several other members of the team.

Once again, we apologize as we felt as though you weren't up to par with what we're looking for.

Naturally, the above sprites are bad and need alot of work- that's why we're using them as examples.

However, at the moment, your sprites are not astronomically better than the ones portrayed above.

Ergo, if you cannot sprite much better than the hacker/writer of the team, problems exist.

Edited by Dess

I looked through everything, along with several other members of the team.

Once again, we apologize as we felt as though you weren't up to par with what we're looking for.

Naturally, the above sprites are bad and need alot of work- that's why we're using them as examples.

However, at the moment, your sprites are not astronomically better than the ones portrayed above.

Ergo, if you cannot sprite much better than the hacker/writer of the team, problems exist.

That bad huh?

Ouch.

While I haven't looked through the entire gallery (I usually look at the last pages first since that's generally most recent), and I'm not impressed by what I see already, if you're going to be this arrogant/etc. about it I would reject you unless your work was actually stellar enough for me to warrant putting up with it. I may sound overly harsh (and I am) but that's my opinion and I stand by it.

see the only reason that TEBZ puts up with my arrogance is because I can ASM their hack to oblivion without their noticing

While I haven't looked through the entire gallery (I usually look at the last pages first since that's generally most recent), and I'm not impressed by what I see already, if you're going to be this arrogant/etc. about it I would reject you unless your work was actually stellar enough for me to warrant putting up with it. I may sound overly harsh (and I am) but that's my opinion and I stand by it.

see the only reason that TEBZ puts up with my arrogance is because I can ASM their hack to oblivion without their noticing

The difference between arrogance and trying to salvage wrecked confidence is a bit of a fine one.

As for Dess' last comment I'll take that and simply leave.