FE4 2nd Gen draft

CT075

2. You may use whatever father you like for whatever child you like, assuming you've drafted said child.

For this rule here, does this mean if I don't draft Faval, I can't pair Briggid to give him nice shit that I can yoink?

Edited by General Horace

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though, that does beg a question. What about my Lester? Let's pretend (hahahaha) that I decide to pair Aideen with Jamka or Midir, who would necessarily pass bows down to my (undrafted) Lester. :?

Well my Lester pick is to pretty much say "fuck you" to Lester and just take Lana's staves tbh, so I imagine you can do the same to Lester, and give him the killer bow or some shit.

Unless of course what I'm doing is no good, then I'll have to re-think my pick again.

Edited by General Horace

I suppose since Gen 1 has infinity turns we might be expected to offload irrelevant parents' inventories before talking to Ida?

I'd make that my conservative guess. Or just revoke your Lester pick and hold drafting until we get confirmation, I'm in no rush.

Edited by Integrity

For this rule here, does this mean if I don't draft Faval, I can't pair Briggid to give him nice shit that I can yoink?

When I made the rule I intended the answer to be that "yes you can but there'd be no reason to" but since the way I worded it doesn't show that (and your idea reminds me of why I need to think things through) imma say no.

I'm still somewhat confused, according to said rules, if I drafted Lester, I would be free to give Lana whatever since I would be "allowed" to pair Aideen, since I need Lester. And giving Lana the rescue and warp staves (even though I couldn't use it until Leaf promoted) would set me up to the best possiblility in gen 2.

Rule 2 is the one that needs the edit, otherwise, the loophole still exists, and I would still draft Lester, unless you're actually ok with that.

I hate kicking up this fuss, but I'm just trying to clear this up for myself, really.

Edited by General Horace

And giving Lana the rescue and warp staves (even though I couldn't use it until Leaf promoted) would set me up to the best possiblility in gen 2.

you can have Corple weild it

The original rule was that undrafted units could not use the pawn shop, but I figured that was too all-encompassing. The intention is that you can pair Aideen if you like even if you have neither Lana nor Lester, but you can't take any of her stuff off of Lana.

Edited by Camtech

aw shit I picked Sharlow and Leen

well that means nobody gets Shota Sigurd now.

uh, Mana I guess

If you have my luck, you'll probably manage it.

Edited by Dokutayuu