[FE4] Rate The Unit I

Caliban of Sycorax

I think if you use Silver exclusively, it's more likely than having a critical Hero by the end of Gen1 due to its higher availability. There's no denying that KillerHero's better, but KillerSilver does the job fine most of the time if you don't think you have the time to get Hero to killer levels.

Though having it close to 50 is pretty good for Celice anyway. He can get the rest of the kills himself: C6 has enough axe users that he can use breeze through.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's certainly more likely to have crit (I actually fairly often pass down a ~45 kill hero sword to poor cel), but point stands that the Sigurd Sword is by no means guaranteed to have crit by the end of Gen 1.

EDIT: Or, I suppose I should say, it doesn't always have crit by the end of Gen 1.

Edited by Integrity

Yeah, fair enough.

Cel can probably complete the crittage by the first or second castle of C6 though, if one's actively trying to get Hero to Killer levels and didn't finish by Gen1.

So Darros, even if Siggy doesn't get his swords to killer proportions, he makes it easier on Celice to get it to Killer proportions himself. That alone is still HUGE. It's certainly faster than Celice getting the entire 50+ kills by a pretty big margin.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Sigurd's ability in general to set up a ridiculous start for Celice is fantastic and makes for a great reason to use him heavily, to get a number of great items and the money to buy more.

Alone, he's the best unit ever, but on top of that, he can create a clone of himself as early as the start of Ch7.

Edited by Othin

Cel can probably complete the crittage by the first or second castle of C6 though, if one's actively trying to get Hero to Killer levels and didn't finish by Gen1.

I count twenty-three enemies between Tir na Nog and Ganeshire. Even if Celice can't kill all the bow armors (fuck bow armors) it's still 19. That's a lot.

Then there's Johan and his 9 cohorts, so yeah.

I can't imagine getting through Gen 1 without hitting 50 kills on the Silver Sword. Are you guys having him use other weapons or something?

Yeah I've never gotten it either. I don't hold back on Sigurd or anything and the only weapon I use other than the Silver Sword is the occasional Javelin (for Cross Knights or w/e, but that's after a balancing patch that makes that not so stupid) but I also have never Sigurd-soloed. If you're playing Ranked or spreading the misery about or trying to quick-clear, it might not happen. On the other hand, after ch6 murdered primarily by Celice, it should be pretty close.

Well, if you wanted kill counts from the playthrough where I didn't know Alvis gave Sigurd a Silver Sword and thus never he had it, I could have dug those out, but...

Yeah, my only other PT was the ranked one.

I make no judgments. I was just trying to see if my guess was right. The amount of spread you had there seems to indicate an attempt at getting exp to everyone, and seems like my guess was right?

Apologies for not getting the voting done earlier, I was out all night. This round's over, I'll have calculations in a sec.

EDIT: 9.96 for Sigurd. fuck you darros

Edited by Octavian

Well, nobody's perfect. Sigurd just comes kinda close, you know.

May be a few rounds before we see anyone getting half his praise, assuming we're going in order and the next three are Alec, Noish, and Ardan.