Grandjackal's Pokemon Platinum Playthrough!

grandjackal

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canalave Gym

I lead with Prinplup, as he's very close to evolution and I want to get him there. I always have Croagunk and sometimes Houndoom as backup since I know Steel often times comes with Rock or Ground. To my shock though, first dude to come at me is a Blackbelt of all things, though he also is silly and uses a Steelix like they're any good. Surfs up man. I get him down to a sliver to my surprise, but then he does more dumb and uses Taunt. By Steelix!

Prinplup level 35: +2 to all

Next up, a Worker with a Magnemite. I forgot entirely about you, little dude. Oh well, Surfs up! Still not a kill...That Spar on the other hand does about 1/5, so I giggle at Magnemite's pathetic Atk stat and send it to the Brine. Cooltrainer stops me on my path to glory with a GODDAMN SCIZOR OH MY GOD. I get Prinplup the FUCK out of there and throw in Staravia as death fodder, who even with Intimidate and resistance gets one shotted by X Scissor. n goes Houndoom who luckily outspeeds but DAMN Fire Fang doesn't one shot, but X Scissor does! That is how damn strong Scizor is. In goes Prinplup who is reduced to 2 HP by the X Scissor which Prinplup survives with about 2 HP, and kills it.

*Runs to the pokecenter* Goddamn game, throwing a level 40 Scizor at me. That dude is no joke, in PvP OR in single player. I get back in there and find a worker, wo has 3 mon for a change, and they are apparently gonna be Magnemites. They're lower level so I just keep Prinplup in to Surf them. Yet another worker coming in, wielding a couple mons, throwing out a Magnemite first. Surf should deal with it fine.

Prinplup level 36: +3 HP, 2 Sp Atk, +1 everything else

Another Magnemite. Decide to switch out to Houndoom to help him get up to speed, since right now he's lower than Bastiodon, and this is an actually good opportunity for him. Fire Fang hits for a one shot.

Prinplup evolves into Empoleon! Replaced Metal Claw with Aqua Jet.

Empoleon level 36: 113 HP, 63 Atk, 81 Def, 93 Sp Atk, 83 Sp Def, 66 Speed

Now THAT is looking damn fine.

Houndoom now put in the lead. After a zipline sits a Blackbelt in waiting,ready to bust out a Steelix. Houndoom does not have the ability to bypass Steelix's powerful defense so I switch back to Empoleon to Surf through the Sandstorm. There will be no questions this time.

Houndoom level 33: +3 HP and Sp Atk, +2 Atk and Speed, +1 everything else

Another Steelix, I switch in to Houndoom and back into Empoleon cause I know Steelix can't do diddly. Surf bombs it. Ace traner stops me to bust out Bronzor. Fire Fang deals about 3/4, as expected as I know it has a lot of bulk. It of course uses Confuse Ray since the only way to deal with me is with Gyro Ball. Houndoom actually does more damage to himself than Bronzor does. Another Bronzor, another Gyro Ball, another Fire Fang. I burn it, though it was unecessary. One more Bronzor. Fire Fang hits and does the same amount of damage as I get hit with another Gyro Ball.

Boss: STEEL LORD BYRON

Dude even wears a cape and everything. Out comes a Magneton, which I blast with a Fire Fang, doing about half damage and burning. Thunderbolt blows Houndoom up, but it did enough as Empoleon comes out to Surf. Steelix comes out next to rear it's ugly head, eating a Surf.

Empoleon level 37: +1 Atk, +2 Speed, +3 everything else

Bastiodon comes last. Seriously, this is your team Byron? Surf hits for more than half, and it eats a Sitrus Bery while hitting me with a Metal Burst. I guess that's a counter of sorts as I respond with another Surf to kill.

Boss is already over. Byron: Defeated by Surf. Ha, your sturdy pokemon? Like hell they are good sir.

I'm given the Mine Badge, along with TM Flash Cannon, which is a really shitty move. I'm told to go to Iron Island to get HM Strength, and I find a hidden Star Piece while I'm there. I find Riley who I would normally also get the Riolu egg from, but this time I just get HM Strength. I am told now to go to the Library, for the long-ass cutscene. Someone bombed Lake Valor with a bomb strong enough to be FELT from Canalave. What the hell did they use, a nuke? I fly out to Vielstone since I can't fly to the resort. Though first on the route there I surf a pond to get a Rare Candy.

Lake Valor

All the water is drained out and a lot ofGalactic goons out. Meaning lots of Glameow like the first one has. Fire Fang which causes flinch so it dies. Murkrow comes out to hit me with an assurance for 18 damage. Night Shade hits me for a lot more damage before it goes down.

Houndoom level 34: +3 HP and +2 everything else

Next dude has a Golbat who uses Wing Attack to reduce me to 2 HP, so I switch out to Bastiodon who gets Mean Looked. Confuse Ray comes out next of course, but I Rock Tomb it. Wing Attac does about 4 damage before I hit myself in confusion. Air Cutter deals 3 damage with another Rock Tomb coming out. Yet another grunt with 4 mons, busting out Croagunk. I decide to bust out my own, who gets hit with a Swagger. I hit myself for a huge chunk while getting hit with a Mud Bomb. Sucker Punch hits for about half health while I get Revenged and destroyed. I bring out Houndoom and-yeah, I should have figured it also had Sucker Punch. Luxray comes out to break up the shenanigans. Stunky comes out to get Sparked. It survives but is paralyzed. Shockwave follows it. Houndour comes out next to get Sparked. Glameow comes out and gets Sparked.

Luxray level 37: +1 Def, +3 HP and Atk, +2 everything else.

I heal up at the resort because I want my Houndoom up to par. Time to deal with the problem here.

Galactic Commander: Saturn

Golbat comes out in classic fashion, so I switch out to Bastiodon to take an Air Cutter but it misses. Bite comes out which I retaliate with Metal Sound. No Confuse Ray? Well Bastiodon, you fnally get to shine somewhere! However, it's withdrawn for...Toxicroak. That was a rather low blow. I decide to sacrifice Bastiodon to Metal Sound it, as it let me beore hitting with Revenge. I switch to Doom to get the exp, and then into Staravia to Intimidate while being killed. I decide to do something risky and send in Croagunk, but of course it still has Mud Bomb. I throw it back as I barely survive, getting it to low health before it eats a Berry. It doesn't miss the next hit and fells Croagun. Out comes Empoleon to take a Faint Attack, Surf finishing the fight with the oppressive Toxicroak. Golbat returns much like Batman, and it hits Houndoom with a Supersonic (You could have Confuse Ray...). It hits with an Air Cutter after Houndoom slaps himself in the face, then misses a Fire Fang which enrages me. It of course crits me the next turn, showing Houndoom has a luck stat of 0. Luxray comes out to put this problem to rest. It's faster however and gets off a Supersonic. Yeah, 55 acc move my ass. Luxray hits himself and flinches to a Bite, getting hit with another Bite before Spark finally comes out to blow up this Golbat. Bronzor out next without a doubt having Confuse Ray because that's the only way Galactic members can win a fight. Surf comes out to deal some hefty-wow, only half health. Bronzor, why you bulky as hell? Not even half apparently as the next Surf doesn't kill. Seriously, a Surf form Empoleon! I get hit with a Shadow Ball for tickle damage as I finish with an Aqua Jet for pathetic exp.

I fly back to Twinleaf as I'm told Mars is at Verity.

Lake Verity

Galactic members swarming over this area too. Dual Attacks this time, since they had run into resistance in the form of what's her face and Rowan who doesn't help her out. Dickhead. Houndoom Fire Fangs a Glameow to nearly kill who Growls my team of Houndoom and Croagunk, Houndoom getting hit witha Mud Bomb that surprisingly does not do a lot of damage. Sucker Punch does not finish off the Croagunk who was in the red, as Houndoom finishes the Glameow. Golbat comes out next (ffs) as I Fire Fang it Sucker Punch failing to connect on Croagunk who fails to Swagger the now dead Croagunk. Luxray comes in because it will not tolerate this bullshit. Bite finishes the Croagunk as it was being an annoying pest while Golbat gets Sparked.

Houndoom level 35: +1 Def, +2 HP and Sp Def, +3 everything else

Murkrow out last. Fire Fang burns while it Night Shades Luxray and succumbs ot a Spark. I put Luxray in Croagunk's place, seeing as the poison dart frog will have it's time real soon. Yet another dual, bringing out Stunky and Houndour. Stunky is the bigger anoyance here, so I double team it seeing as the last time I hit it with a Spark it didn't kill. Easily goes down before it can poison anything. Houndour just uses Odor Sleuth. Houndour bites the old one while Luxray Sparks the other for the kill. The old Houndour flinches and succumbs to a Bite. Glameow out last to get hit with a Fire Fang, a crit downing it. Now to deal with one last annoyance.

Galactic Commander: Mars

Golbat coming out, which I switch to Luxray to Intimidate and absorb the Air Cutter. Air Cutter comes out again as Luxray Sparks it. It stunningly does not one shot as Golbat lets another Air Cutter rip, Luxray finishing it off. Bronzor comes out next (???), and out goes Houndoom. Fire Fang deals more than half, being more effective than a super-mondo Surf Stab off Empoleon, on more Fre Fang finishing it. Purugly coming out next. I decide to cheese it by switching into Staravia as death fodder, then out to Luxray before switching into Empoleon. Real mean spirited I know. Slash does 9 damage. I Surf to deal a crit to instakill.

Houndoom level 36: +1 Def, +3 HP and Atk, +2 everything else.

Mars is a fraud.

Tis time to head for Lake Verity! I fly to Eterna, heal up and take a break.

It is coming to my attention that Bastiodon simply is not cutting it anymore. As now I have a fully flexible team, his use has essentially gone the way of the dinosaur that it is. I might very well replace it. Suggestions? Could still go back and nab Riolu, though it's obviously gonna be later coming as a Lucario for sure. All I know is that Bastiodon on my team is slowly becoming intollerable. It's worn out it's welcome. It levels way too slow, it's offense in tandem is way too ass, and Metal Sound has a very limited shelf life once you start getting to the levels and team flexibility where it ceases to matter. If I were to make a suggestion to you, it would be to use Shieldon to Metal Sound Fantina's Mismagius, then dump it the moment you get the chance to use another mon. It's a mon you sacrifice to Metal Sound problematic mons and nothing more. Very not worth all the exp I have sunk into it.

Still more useful than Aron though. At least Metal Sound is a use.

B-B-B-But

Aron can learn metal sound too.

Or is it Lairon?

Riolu always seemed a bit overrated ingame.

It evolves upon happines AND arrives late and underlevelled.

And as an egg.

Try Rampardos next!

Dat attack!

B-B-B-But

Aron can learn metal sound too.

Or is it Lairon?

Very very very very very late. Shieldon gets it immediately.

Riolu always seemed a bit overrated ingame.

It evolves upon happines AND arrives late and underlevelled.

And as an egg.

As I am playing Platinum, I have an easy early Soothe Bell, so it's underleveled and unevolved problem is a very short lived problem. Suppose I could see how short lived.

Try Rampardos next!

Dat attack!

Problem with that being my trainer ID dictates it, so I can't just pick him up either. I HAVE tried him before however, and I find him to be like this: Anything he outspeeds or resists he demolishes, and anything that resists him or outspeeds him causes him problems. He's a pokemon that is very extreme in performance, and in a strange way didn't find him impressive because of it. He wasn't complete ass like Bastiodon, but he wasn't omg amazing.

Guess I'm heading back to Iron Island! Riolu, I should not have doubted you for this monsterous pile of ass that is known as Bastiodon! Luckily I did not get in TOO deeply into the game before going back to nab him.

Iron Island

Croagunk leads. It is now his turn.

I know there's stuff between the sets of stairs, but I have two things in my head. 1. I don't wanna be here longer than I need to mainly because this is entirely optional to do, and 2. I don't remember which stairs go where. I take a right guess though by taking the right set of stairs, and immediately grabbing an Escape Rope. Find a hidden Star Piece just past the rock near the sets of barrels, a Max Repel. I run into a Picnicker (The hell are you doing here?) who is using a Raichu that's level 37. I go to use Mud Bomb, and he crits me with a Thnderbolt. Well, that's wonderful. Nice way to start this dungeon off. Out comes Houndoom with a Fire Fang to take off 3/4 and burn, but then Houndoom gets paralyzed. VERY good way to start it off. Thunderbolt hits after with an attack that does almost half. I use a Paralyze Heal on Houndoom because to hell with that. Revive nabbed before I take the elevator down and look down the left stairwell.

To my benefit I find Riley down here, where I run into a random encounter which I run form so he can heal up my Croagunk for free. It's there I find a dual between Hikers, deciding to attack with a Nosepass and Graveler. I use Mud Bomb on Graveler, thankfully Lucario Force Palming it first so we get the problem out of here. Nosepass decides to thunder Wave...Croagunk even though he's not even close to being the real problem. Lucario is smart, as he Palms the incoming Ryhorn as well, Nosepass using Block and Ryhorn using Mean Look on Croagunk...These Hikers are dumb as a bocks of rocks. Lucario Force Palms the Nosepass and doesn't kill as it Blocks in return, and gets hit with a Revenge. Onix soon follows which also eats a Palm, and then a Revenge while it brings up a Sandstorm as though I care.

Croagunk level 36: +3 Sp Atk, +1 Sp Def and Speed, +2 everything else. Can learn Nasty Plot, but it doesn't exactly help me out.

Steelix comes out and Lucario decides to use Bone Rush for some insane reason, but 4 reps still does more than half damage. It uses Rock Polish and Revenge doesn't tack on more damage. Another Bone Rush kills. Down that path is a Dusk Ball, which doesn't really matter unless I run into a Snover at night. Also find a Magnet down here. My Luxray smiles. I run into a wild encounter with Dual Steelix...I decide to take it, as Lucario helps Palm one. One of them...Dragonbreath? Dragonbreaths Croagunk and Paralyes, retaliating with Revenge. The other misses a Slam. Steelix slams Lucario. Both f them do while one of them is finished off. Steelix Sandstorms while Lucario misses a Bone Rush, Croagunk paralyzed. I cannot believe it has Dragonbreath. Next round finishes it.

Two workers come out with a Geodude and Magnemite. I try to go with a Mud Bomb on Magnemite, but Lucario beats me to it with a Bone Rush.

Croagunk level 37: +2 HP, Atk and Def, +! everything else

Mud Bomb at lest hits the Geodude and one shots. Out comes another Geodude and a Machop. I keep aiming for mons, but Lucario beats me to it, so my Mud Bomb hits Machop for half damage while it Vital Throws Lucario for half health. Machoke comes out to deal with the threat while-GODDAMMIT Lucario you kill-stealing whore! My Mud bomb misses while Machoke forces Lucario into Submssion. I am surprised nothing has attacked me so far, and that Riley only has one mon. Mud bomb hits Graveler for almost a kill, but lowers it's acc. Wake Up Slap does about 1/4 damage while Graveler hits with a Rollout. I finish it with a Faint Attack. Vital Throw them comes out and hits me for about 1/3. Vital Throw hits again doing almost death while I hit back with Revenge, doing nearly death myself. I throw a Mud Bomb and don't kill but reduce his acc. He doesn't miss his Wake Up Slap and finishes me off, so I throw out Houndoom to finish him off.

Croagunk evolves into Toxicroak!

Toxicroak level 37: 120 HP, 96 Atk, 66 Def, 88 Sp Atk, 60 Sp Def, 65 Speed

If I didn't have a speed reducing nature, this would be even more badass than it already looks. If I had Dry Skin, this thing would be absolutely godlike. As it stands though, it has the same speed problem Luxray has. Nearly the same offense though, and while it doesn't have Intimidate, it has a more resilient typing. In short: Toxicroak is gooooooood. Just let it take a hit in a defensive stat, preferably Sp Def. It's typing sucks against special attack anyways, or absorbs stuff like water.

Currently have no reason to use the EXP Share anymore, so I play normally...Until I get Riolu anyways. Houndoom put in hte lead. Anyways, back to navigating Iron Island, finding a Max Potion t the left side of my current location. Find an HP Up as well. Iron Plate can be found here as well along with an Ultra Ball. Red Shard just before I run into a pair of Psychics-sorry, make that Ace Trainers whch has a Lopunny and a Quagsire. I would have Bite Quagsire before I get hit with a ump Quick by Lopunny. Should have gone after it first instead of Quag, BUT I at least make him flinch. Lucario fails to off Lopunny with a Quick Attack soHoundoom goes down and Luc eats a Mud Bomb. Luc is actually infatuated with the bunny so I Aqua Jet it with Empoleon.

Empoleon level 38: +3 HP and +2 everything else.

Mud Bomb hits Lucario for nearly half, as Medicham comes out. Force Palm hits Quagsire and then Brine brings the annoying amoeba down. Force Palm hits Lucario and downs him while Hippopatos comes out. Cute little thing brings out a Sandstorm while I use Surf which nearly kills Medicham and outs Hippopatos. Medicham busts out a Calm Mind, which I would be entertained by if it wasn't nearly dead already. Staraptor comes out and unleashes a brutal fury of Close Combat and nearly kills while dropping it's defenses, getting one shotted by Surf while Medicham succumbs as well.

Empoleon level 39: +3 HP and Sp Atk, +1 Speed, +2 everything else. Whirlpool? Get out of here.

Kirlia comes out last like a terrible joke's punch line and gets Surfed on. To review, Empoleon came out and swept an entire double team by himself because Surf is stupidly good. At the end is a pair of Galactic Goons, whom I'm sure have terrible mons as they open with a Zubat and Glameow. Lucario Force Palms Glameow and tells it to gtfo while I Fire Fang Zubat because it could have Confuse Ray. Zubat is no match. Golbat follows, along with a Croagunk. Lucario Metal ClawsCroagunk while I Fire Fang Golbat for nearly half health. Houndoom gets Wing Attacked and Lucario eats a full blown Revenge nearly kills. Stunky comes out last, and Lucario kills Golbat with a QA.

Houndoom level 37: +1 Def and Sp Def, +3 Sp Atk and Speed, +2 HP and Atk

Fire Fang hits Stunky and nearly kills but causes a Burn. Houndour comes out and Stunky gets QA by Lucario. Fire Fang hits Houndour for nearly death. Bite finishes Houndour. Down goes Galactic on Iron Island so I get rewarded with an Egg which I will hatch immediately by running around in circles at Canalave. Of course first I ge a Shiny Stone and the Metal Coat in the hidden cave.

Riolu level 1/Modest/Inner Focus

11 HP, 5 Atk, 6 Def, 6 Sp Atk, 5 Sp Def, 6 Speed

Quick Attack, Foresight, Endure

Well...Modest nature sucks nuts, BUT I am kinda lacking Special Attackers (Luxray only knows Thunderbolt, Houndoom doesn't even know a special attack. All I really have is Empoleon) and Riolu doesn't exactly suck as one either. To get the best results though I gotta go and evolve it at around level......19. That's only if I want Bone Rush though. Metal Sound and Swords Dance are nice, so the next set is 24, but I wanna get Aura Sphere so I want to at least evolve it before 37. Given the Soothe Bell, then drop the stat boosters on him. This only includes a Zinc and HP Up. I fly over to Celestic Town and switch Staravia with Bibarel, teach it Strength and Rock Smash. I will be later teaching him Rock Climb and Waterfall.

There happens to be a clown at the Celestic Pokecenter while I went to shift stuff around, and it has a Mr Mime. In goes Houndoom to treat psychics the way it was created to.

I would list the levels Riolu gains, but it gains a lot. It goes frm level 1 to 9, gaining Counter. Kadabra comes out, where I do the bait and switch again. Kadabra is on to my game though as it puts up a Reflect. It then uses Miracle Eye on me, so if I don't kill, t's going to do a lot. It doesn't kill though, showing how gabage Miracle Eye is.

Riolu then goes form 9 to 12, learning Force Palm, replacing Foresight. I decide to break here. Now, some things I need to know about happiness evolutions since it's been a while since I bothered. Namely, how far along am I estimated, and what does it take to make this as short and painless as possible?

1. Berries/stat boosters.

2. Find the person who gives massages; this helps.

3. Walk around with the Soothe Bell.

4. I'd do one stupid level near your home town, so Riolu can concentrate on winning things.

Noted.

Decide to go find the massager at Vielstone, get Riolu a day at the spa. Then I go for a bit of a ride on the Bike Highway, because I really really really want to make sure it gets somewhere since I am mostly clueless about happiness evoliuton. I believe it starts at 70 points and you need it to 220 before it evolves or something. 2 stat ups, a massage and 11 levels I suspect my mon is around the 100 mark right now. That should clue you in how big a pain in the ass happiness evolution is. If you just go straight through your adventure, most mons will take eons to evolve this way, namely around the 30s or 40s when you take walking about into account. For an early mon like Zubat this is A OK (Especially since you get the Soothe Bell early in this game), but for someone lateshowing like Riolu it's nigh unacceptable. The only thing about happiness evolution is that technically you can evolve the level right after it's possible, but that takes a lot of waiting, avoiding the main path of game and all that BS.

Couple of rounds on the highway, I get back on track and head for Mt. Coronet from Celestic.

Route 211

Immediately there are Pecha, Aspear, Iapapa, and a Grepa berry to pick. First up I find a Blackbelt with a Croagunk, where I send out Luxray, and makes a Sucker Punch whiffs. Spark comes out after a tiny Sucker Punch and falls.

Riolu level 13: +2 HP, Atk and Def, +1 everything else

Machoke comes out next and take a Foresight. Shockwave hits beore a Seismic Toss. Finished easy.

Riolu level 14: +2 HP and 1 everything else. So much for Bone Rush.

Luxray level 38: +2 Def, +1 Sp Def, +3 everything else

Meditite out last, naad I decide to bust out Toxicroak. Faint Attack almost kills while it uses Calm Mind, easily finished off.

Riolu level 15: +2 HP, At and Sp Atk, +1 everything else. Feint is completely useless.

In the grass is a Carbos, which I give immediately to Riolu. I head up and run into a Bird Keeper with a Noctowl. Naturally I bust out Luxray who takes an Air Slash which does a rather decent amount of damage. Spark hits hard to eliminate.

Riolu level 16: +2 HP, +1 everything else

Next up is a Ruin Maniac with a bunch of Bronzor I figure. Houndoom is sent out to great it, absorbing an Extrasensory without problem. Fire Fang bites down to see if it's gold, and indeed it is with how soft the Bronzor was. Another Bronzor, and thus a repeat of the same thing. A third Bronzor comes out, and it's yet another repeat with the exception that Fire Fang doesn't kill. Even 5 levels higher and Bronzor lives. Bronzor truly is a testament of bulkiness. I get Confuse Rayed, but it meant nothing.

Riolu level 17: +2 HP, +1 everything else.

Ninja Boy comes out next, a Skorupi coming to greet me. Out comes Houndoom to take a Pin Missile for a bit of damage thanks to a crit. Fire Fang destroys it in retaliation. Croagunk follows, to which I throw out Toxicroak, absorbing a Revenge for tiny damage. Mud Bomb blows it up.

Riolu level 18: +2 HP and Atk, +1 everything else.

Mt. Coronet

As now have Strength, I can move the northern boulder. This gets me a Rare Candy (I have 2, but 'm only using them once Riolu evolves/starts being trouble to level) as well. Red Shard hidden in a rock near the stairs as well.

Mt. Coronet Underlevel

Fog. Fog sucks, but luckily there are no trainers down here. I throw out Luxray in lead and use a Max Repel. A Breakable Rock nearby offers an Ultra Ball to me. A set of stairs to the ride leads me down to a lower level to a pond, which leads me to treasure like Light Clay. Light Clay is the only reason people use Crescelia. I head back to the land to the left and find a hidden Blue Shard behind a breakable rock. Behind another breakable rock and a pushable boulder is some Soft Sand for anyone using Ground Types. North side has a hidden Star Piece along with a Max Elixer and a Revive. Behind some breakable rocks is one last treasure, a Full Restore. Well one last one, before the stairs that head back up is a Rare Candy hidden just on the ground.

Mt. Coronet, Path to the North

Just one last treasure, a NeverMeltIce in the golem cave.

Route 216

This shall be where I catch my last mon Snover, but for now I take a break. Not a long entry, but this path is very very rough. Hail in every battle, and I'mma be playing a switch in-out game...

So let's see. 3 stat boosters, 17 levels, a massage, 10 reps approximately on the bike highway and the Mt. Coronet path to Route 216. How close am I to evolution?

So let's see. 3 stat boosters, 17 levels, a massage, 10 reps approximately on the bike highway and the Mt. Coronet path to Route 216. How close am I to evolution?

Let's see... Assuming the Soothe Bell is stuck to Riolu: about 175. And without, probably about 150. Or something, I can only guess.

Did you get the Happiness Checker App on Eterna or not? That would help.

Let's see... Assuming the Soothe Bell is stuck to Riolu: about 175. And without, probably about 150. Or something, I can only guess.

Did you get the Happiness Checker App on Eterna or not? That would help.

Actually forgot about the app, but I'm glad I'm at least close. Though I am somewhat estimating with the bike highway thing as I didn't keep exact track. I'll be sure to nab the app once I hit the northern city of which it's name is lost to me at the moment.

I hate this route. I really do.

To the south up the stairs is a hidden PP Up, which the path wheels around to a Full Heal in the snow. Eventually we come round to an Ace Trainer+Snow Gear, throwing out a Golduck. Now the reason I hate this route: Snow and Hail. In real life, I love snowy wintery weather, but in-game it's only a means to make things obnoxious, and gen 4 went a bit crazy. First off, the deep snow is pointlessly dumb and only exists to slow you down and get you impatient, and the Hail existing in every fight makes this route a humongous pain since it means every turn you take more damage than you normally would. I switch to Luxray who gets hit with a surprisingly strong Water Pulse. Golduck then...goes again and...kills? Don't tell me this is where bad speed starts to be a problem...I bring out Empoleon simply because he's the most resistant and busts out Surf. Have to Surf twice-oh goddammit he Disables me! Well whatever, that fool's now below half health so I Brine him-He's still not dead! Golduck is not supposed to be this annoying! He succumbs to Hail though, so fuck him.

Riolu level 19: +2 HP and Speed, +1 everything else. Replace Endure with Reversal. Sounds rather backwards I know, but o point in Endure when you can just hit them.

Sudowoodo comes out next, which reminded me how long it's been since I've actually seen one. Out goes Empoleon again to still get hit pretty hard by Rock Slide despite resisting it. He does not survive the Surf. Rapidash is out last, and I switch to Bibarel because beng risky at this point is becoming stupid. Bibarel gets blasted by a Fire Blast and goes down like a bad habit. Out comes Empoleon again, and then gets Will o Wisped (Rapidash just learns that?), and gets Surfed.

Riolu level 20: +2 HP and Atk, +1 everything else.

Riolu evolves into Lucario! Ok, that was marvelously quick! Glad I got it this early too, since it means I will get awesome stuff.

Lucario level 20: 61 HP, 47 Atk, 38 Def, 62 Sp Atk, 37 Sp Def, 42 Speed

It's still level 20 so it still looks rather unimpressive, but in tandem with his new type, he's still a lot more durable than before. I REALLY wish I had Aura Sphere right now...Wait! FLASH CANNON! It's an 80 power move that actually has 100 acc in ths game (I recall it having less in 5th gen), AND it's STAB Special Steel! Time to get rid of Counter, that useless garbage!

Ya know what? Taking a break there. Having a Golduck kill a mon and make another struggle was a bit much. However, behold! Lucario exists!

None's happier than me that I don't have to deal with it as a Riolu. Problem is it's still too weak. Can't deal with this Ambipom this one trainer has even though it should be one sided.

Now to continue some Platinum! Been slacking a bit because I've been testing more Emerald stuff for some damned reason. Guess it's because people talk more about Emerald...For some damn reason.

I use a Revive to bring back Luxray, because having him dead this early is NOT cool. In this hellhole, you need all the help you can get your hands on. Seriously, this place will wear your ass out. Up ahead actually comes a free Revive! Across the bridge and down the stairs, an Ace Trainer I do find in the snowlands to face me with a...Tropius? Drugs. Out goes Houndoom who takes an Air Slash with more grace than one would think, busting out a Fire Fang, then taking another Air Slash. Houndoom goes down. Luxray comes in next to unleash a Spark, putting Tropius into a coma.

Lucario level 21: +1 Sp Def, +3 Atk, +2 everything else

I use a Revive on Houndoom and face off with a Skiier with a Sneasal. It misses with an Icy Wind while I take a gamble and hit with a Force Palm. It doesn't one shot (it comes close. Damned -Atk nature), but it DOES Paralyze. One more Palm and Lucario wins his first fight with a mon 18 levels higher than him.

Lucario level 22: +4 Sp Atk, +3 HP, +2 everything else

Up ahead I find a lodge that heals...Suddenly my 2 Revives feel wasted. I didn't remember it being this close. Around the corner is an Ace Trainer, busting out the Mr Mime. Hey, if a Mime is in the middle of a frigid wasteland with no one to see it, does anyone care? Certainly didn't seem to care that I one shot it with Bite off Houndoom. Scyther comes after, and though it's weak to fire I will not bring Houndoom back in on that fight because Scyther is MEAN. Empoleon instead goes in to deal with the situation, absorbing a Slash like a champ. X Scissor though brings me down to half with a crit (TOLD you he was mean) while Surf does about 3/4. Aqua Jet doesn't finish and X Scissor brings me to the red. One more Aqua Jet does the trick.

Lucario level 23: +1 Def and Sp Def, +3 Sp Atk, +2 everything else

Dusclops soon follows, being a derp and all. Dusclops is easily in the top 5 derpiest looking pokemon. Houndoom comes back in because Dusclops is about as offensively dangerous as a bag of marshmallows. Even a Shadow Punch on my Def-weak Houndoom does only like 15 damage. 2 Bites.

Houndoom level 38: +3 HP and Sp Atk, +2 everything else. Replaced Beat Up with Faint Attack.

I go back to heal because I'm close enough and OW Scyther hurt! Man, who would be so mean spirited enough as to murder a metal penguin of awesome? So, heading north I run into the fighting gym leader who is training in the mountains it seems. Even though the snow picked up to a blizzard, this popsicle stick is walking around like it's nothing while barefoot and in a tantop. Ya know, far be it for me to have my suspension of disbelief by this in a game where one can revive fossils that contain an animal with a shield for a face, but come on Japan. Women are capable of not being popsicle sticks.

Enough of my nitpickiness though, as I rove through the hellizh blizzard to find an Ace Trainer-OH GOD ELECTABUZZ. I uhhh have no way to deal with electricity. I have just noticed this...Bye, Bibarel! In goes Toxicroak to hopefully land a Mud bomb before Electabuzz decides to wreck me with Thunderbolt. To my shock (as I thought Electabuzz was slow), he goes first and lands a Thunderbolt doing more than half. Now wishing I had a +Spd nature on Toxicroak. I do not get the -acc proc, so Toxicroak gets blown up. In goes Luxray, as he can at least resist Thunderblowyouup, taking only 30 damage while Biting back. Comes in with one Bite to finish it off.

Lucario level 24: +3 HP, +2 everything else. Removed Quick Attack for Metal Sound.

Magmar out next. Ahh, this the version exclusive cage match? Man, what's up Magmar! Been too long, we need to have lunch sometime and catch up. I haven't used you since gen 1, and you were awful then too! Flamethrower is nothing to Empoleon who Surfs, but gets Will o Wisped. One shots him, but still. All this Will o Wisp.

Empoleon level 40: +2 Sp Def and Speed, +3 everything else.

I go back to heal (seriously, to anyone who uses items, this place may cost you a small fortune). On my way back through the glass, I find a wild Sneasal, soI let Lucario Force Palm it for exp. Still not a one shot even though it's lower level than the last and Lucario's leveled up a bit? My luck to run into the one Defense nature Sneasal. Icy Wind hits me then for just a bit of damage before it gets slapped back into the woods.

Lucario level 25: +4 Sp Atk, +2 everything else. Just to measure, it now has 77 Sp Atk. It's not even close to being hte same level, yet it's already catchingup (52 speed too, it's almost as fast as at least half my team).

Back in the frozen hellhole, the only real way to go is north. You want to find a house out in the blizzard first, since the guy there has an HM you need to get. The place has some treasure though, such as a Blue Shard. It's hard to see what's what, so what looks like an item hidden in the snow turns out to be a Ninja Boy with a Golbat, which immediately makes me wanna clock the little twerp. I send in Luxray who immediately gets Confuse Rayed. Mean Look next (I'm starting to notice that Luxray is consistantly slower than the enemy), and Luxray ignores confusin to blow it up with a Spark.

Oh, seems there was an item here after all! *Nabs an Ultra Ball*. I decide t pick a fight with a Skiier after that encounter, as the icelands here tend to put me in a foul mood. Out comes a Snover, of which I switch into Houndoom for. It uses Ice Shard, doing about 9 damage. For those of you who don't know, Snover has a move called Wood Hammer. What does it do? It completely wrecks your shit, so I REALLY don't wanna miss this Fire Fang. It hits luckily enough, and down it goes. The christmas tree salesman throws another Snover at me to which I bust out Houndoom again. Ice Shard comes out again, which is good cause it doesn't mean I get Captain Cavaman'd by this thing. Fire Fang burns down yet another one. It's gonna be fun using one of these things...

Lucario level 26: +1 Def and Sp Def, +3 HP and Atk, +2 Sp Atk and Speed.

One last Snover, so one last time I do this. However, I come out to a WOOD HAMMER which even though it hits resistance it still does a hearty 30 damage to Houndoom. Now that I'm done with that, my nose for treasure starts t peaque as I smell a nearby hidden Full Heal. Up ahead wading through some of the thickest snow you'll ever encounter in a game or no an Iron. I give this to Toxicroak, since he kinda needs it. Hidden within the snow also happens to be an Ultra Ball. I keep searching and looking, finding a Protein which I give to Houndoom, and shortly north of that is the TM for Hail. I will not be needing this. One can find hte house of the guy with the HM you need north of that, telling you he dropped it outside. Show it to the guy and he lets you keep it along with giving you an Icicle Plate.

No time to dilly dally though with a crazy hiker when there are skiiers to beat up. Next one has a Piloswine of which I bust out Empoleon on. Take Down does 13 dmage, which is pretty decent considering it's a Steel Type that's decently bulky. Surf destroys it. Glaceon soon follows, a mon I know rather well. I happen to like Glaceon actually. I recall it being pretty hardy while also having a crapton of Sp Atk, but was slow as balls. It's too bad this area comes late, otherwise I would use it every playthrough. In fairness though I STILL could run back and get Eevee, then come back here to evolve it...hmmmmmm...I throw Bibarel in because I want Toxicroak in without damage. However, it uses Ice Shard. Glaceon's Atk is so pathetic even with Stab and being a whopping 18 levels higher, it only does 18 damage. It keeps spamming ICe Shard so I actually manage to get an attack in with Rock Smash. No -Def proc, but still, this is kinda silly. Still spamming ce Shard, I get another Rock Smash and even get a -Def proc. Quick Attack (Why do you have both, you dope?), and n goes Toxicroak. I have Revenge ready while it uses Icy Wind for 40 damage (Icy Wind sucks and that did a lot), Revenge smiting it for it's insolence.

Lucario level 27: +3 Sp Atk, +2 everything else.

Toxicroak level 38: +3 HP, +2 everything else

I head north towards the narrow path through the trees, running into a Croagunk that escourts a confused spinning Blackbelt. Toxicroak comes in to deal with the pathetic tadpole, avoiding a Sucker Punch. It keeps spamming Sucker Punc while I throw a Mud Bomb at it to blow it up. Machoke out next, which I switch to Lucario back out to Toxicroak since it resists thanks to it's typing. It avoids a Submission on the way in. It takes a Wake Up Slap which might as well have done nothing while I hit Revenge for DAMN a OHKO!? Toxicroak with that haymaker, son! Riolu comes out last. I would fight it with Lucario, but even considering I have nothing to hit other fighting types super effectively with. Out goes Luxray who takes a Screech. Spark sends it back to the future.

Ok seriously, whoever thought this snow slowing you down idea was a good idea needs his brain removed and examined for science. As I contemplate why they would do this, out comes an Ace Trainer (Which I honestly did not notice, I just wondered by and was stopped by one) who busts out a Kirlia on me. In goes Houndoom, because he's a total boss. Kirlia apparently wanted to start the fight with Lucky Chant, which is basically another way of saying NOT THE FACE!! Houndoom feasts upon dancer shanks. Omnom nom.

Lucario level 28: +3 HP and Sp Atk, +1 Sp Def and Speed, +2 Atk and Def

Seaking out next...HAHAHAHAHAHA! In goes Luxray for some nice goldfish stew, who sets up an Aqua Ring. Again with these NOT THE FACE moves. SOUDENJIN SPAAAHK!! In goes a Buneary. I would like to stay in with Lucario, but I recall this damned thing has Jump Kick...I risk a round anyways. Luc's gotten to the point where he's not totally helpless. Jump Kick hits and does about 56 damage, while Force Palm fails to kill by a slight bit. Now wishing I still had QA. I switch in Empoleon, who will never care about anything this stupid mon does, even if the hit DID do 40 damage. Aqua Jet finishes the job.

Aquity Lakefront

Almost there...

Hi Barry! I hope you have fun fighting Galactic in nut-freezing temperatures! I'm off to find the town and get me some hot coco. I run into a wild Sneasal of which I decide to Reversal on for the exp, only eating a Faint Attack in fighting.

Snowpoint City

FINALLY!

Near the entrance is an Ultra Ball, and a couple items are hidden around the area, namely a Rare Candy and a uhh...Actually, that's it. I heal up and save, taking a break.

Now, I have a decision to make. I could get Snover as planned, I could also go get Eevee to get a Glaceon. Problem is that that's yet another low level mon I'd have to bring up, though it probably will be a lot sturdier compared to Snover, along with not having the problem of summoning a Hailstorm every time it's thrown out. So everyone, what ya think? The Sturdy Surefire Glaceon, or the All or Nothing Snover?

Ok, so I will make my own choice. I will pick...SNOVER! No, Glaceo! SNOVER! GLACEON! GODDAMMIT, I'MMA JUST GET BOTH AND COMPARE!!

Oh hey, a Snover! Luc, use Force Palm! *Critical hit* ...Errr...

Lucario level 29: +3 Atk, Sp Atk and Speed, +2 everything else. Me First? Stupid useless move.

Oh hey, there's Swinubs here! Interesting! Not catching it. I find another Snover and manage to not kill it with a Force Palm(by a sliver). Ultra Ball is tossed, and it's caught. Will look up stats once I get Eevee and evolve it into a Glaceon.

Flying back to Hearthome to get me my Eevee. However, upon getting this Eevee, I feel the need to expound a bit on it. With all the shards littered about the game/stones hidden underground and it's pretty good starting level of 20, and the fact it can evolve into nearly any element you want, I have the feeling Eevee itself is just plain useful no matter what your team may be. Obviously, the likes of Espeon and Umbreon are an annoyance to get any time soon, but everything else seems like fair game. Only thing I can think of Flareon just sucks, and Glaceon might come way too late. But I will evolve it and do a comparison with Snover.

On my way to the icy stone, I find Sneasals which I shrug and have Lucario Force Palm any he may run into, since that thing is so fast that running form it would only lead to more damage on me. I know I don't really have anything to be afraid of at this point, but it's nice to avoid annoyances. Near the rock is a house which is dimmed out with a Spell Tag t greet you. Rather creepy...Anyways, time to get me a Glaceon!

Brb

Glaceon level 21/Snow Cloak/Impish

Tackle/Helping Hand/Sand Attack/Growl

60 HP, 35 Atk, 56 Def, 56 Sp Atk, 47 Sp Def, 33 Speed

Not...The ideal nature. If it had a better nature (or perhaps Timid being the ideal), it's Sp Atk would be through the roof. It's pretty tough too considering how low a level it is. Problem is the movepool, and how it sucks. It's even worse when you have nothing but physical attacks (it being Tackle) and your Atk stat sucks. Could give it Hail to give it an evasion boost along with passive damage vs the enemy, though I would only suggest this for big fights. Worse than that though is that is the ONLY TM you can give it that works. The low level sucks too. This nature would be pretty good for Umbreon though.

Snover level 33/Calm/Snow Warning

Swagger/Mist/Ice Shard/Ingrain

86 HP, 49 Atk, 38 Def, 54 Sp Atk, 56 Sp Def, 32 Speed

Again, not the ideal nature as it's his more notable trait. Ice Shard is nice, but the rest suck. I also notice it has a very problematic thing in the form f his leveling speed. He's not caught up with my team, yet has the same leveling speed, meaning he is going to level up slow. That I DON'T like, especially since I'm making an effort to train him as well. I could get Glaceon 3 levels in the time it takes Snover to get 1, and as you can see they are statistically similar outside of Atk, and Glaceon is 12 levels lower. If I had ideal natures, the gap between their Atk and Sp Atk would be steeper.

I decide to look at moves they want to learn. I notice a GIGANTIC problem with Glaceon's movepool, namely that the only move of Ice it'll learn naturally any time soon is Ice Fang at a VERY steep level, and Ice Shard at the same time Snover gets Wood Hammer. Only way it can function is with Ice Beam. Snover not only gets Wood Hammer really quick, but you can halt it's evolution to level 41 to get Blizzard, which will hit with 100% acc. So, conclusion being Snover is VASTLY superior unless Ice Beam. However, you get Ice Beam on Route 216...

I go down to get it, but apparently I missed a Ninja Boy there. Flash Cannon and Luxray deal with him.

Luxray level 39: +3 HP and At, +2 everything else.

Hm...Seems I need Rock Climb first, so you can't get it until after Candice. So I head on back to-oh hi Sneasal.

Lucario level 30: +3 HP and Sp Atk, +2 everything else

So now I'm ba at Snowpoint, and my choice is honestly no better. I can get Ice Beam after Candice and instantly I can just make Glaceon usable, while Snover will be meh thanks to it's additional typing making him worse durability-wise while not having much else to deal with since Grass doesn't give you that much more coverage aside from water, something I already have covered with Luxray. However, Snover attacks so hard with Wood Hammer, it doesn't even really care if you resist it, AND it can go mixed thanks to Blizzard/Snow Warning and having balanced out offensive stats. Glaceon however improves at a much faster rate.

I'm rather annoyed. Funny thing is, now I wanna just restart to test out a bunch of the Eevee forms. Might use Umbreon next time.

Ok. Glaceon now, Snover next time. I'll be using Umbreon next playthrough.

Snowpoint Gym

I have like 50 different ways to deal with ice (then again, ANY team has 50 ways to deal with ice), so this should be an absolute cinch to pull off. Lot of this place is one highly annoying puzzle with a lot of Ace Trainers hanging around. First guy I run into has a Glalie-oh wow, level 44? I have vastly underestimated this gym, but n matter! Lucario holds stong and unleashes a Flash Cannon! Does more than half while he takes 2 Ice Beams, surviving to bring down Glalie. I use a potion to heal him up because that was incredibly rough. Next is a lady who busts out a Sneasal. Only a Screech while I slap it with a Force Palm. Easy one shot.

Lucario level 31: +1 Def and Sp Def, +3 HP and Sp Atk, +2 Atk and Speed.

Glaceon level 22: +3 Sp Atk, +1 Speed, +2 everything else. QA is better than Helping Hand.

Another Sneasal, another Force Palm. Islide across to destroy more balls, running into a Pilowswine. I pull out Empoleon, who takes the Earthquake it has. Nearly kills Empoleon with it, though Empoleon retorts with a Surf. Next person busts out a Snorunt who keeps spamming Protect before Lucario lets loose a Flash Canon to one shot it.

Glaceon level 23: +1 Atk and Speed, +2 Sp Def, +3 everything else

Another Snorunt. Again, more Protect spam, and then a blow up with Flash Cannon. Glalie then comes out t play, again spamming Protect. Ice Fang comes out next, hitting for 23 damage while I blast a Flash Cannon, another Ice Fang and another Flash Cannon. Down goes Glalie. Snover comes out at level 41, and I don't wanna waste my last Flash Cannon, using Force Palm which hits me for a crapton in the form of Wood Hammer. barely survive the Ice Shard before I finish it off. Hail finishes off Lucario.

Lucario level 32: +3 HP and +2 everything else.

Glaceon level 24: +2 to everything

I bring in Houndoom to kill a Sneasal.

One last trainer having a Sneasal, where I brainlessly forgot to switch up so Luxray leads. Some minor hits at best. Snorunt comes out to be eaten by the fiery fangs of Houndoom.

Glaceon level 25: +1 Atk and Speed, +2 Sp De, +3 everything else

Snover comes out. Also eaten. I decide to just go and heal up before confronting Candice.

Boss: Candice

Sneasal out first, and you can guess what happens. It uses Ariel Ace to hit my pretty hard, but Force Palm hits harder. Pop goes the Sneasal. Pilowswine comes to derpabout, having switched to Empoleon to Surf it. Abomasnow comes out finally to which I switch to Houndoom. Hail comes down. Fire Fang hits and blows it up instantly.

Glaceon level 26: +2 to everything. Ya know if it had a +SpAtk nature, I can't help but think it would have 80-90 Sp Atk right now. Lastcomes Frosslass...I had completely forgotten about this annoyance, thanks to it's Snow Cloak. I keep Houndoom in since it has Faint Attack. It Double Teams in an attempt to last ditch effort cheese me, BUT IT IS HOPELESS. It uses Shadw Ball, which doesn't actually hit me for all that hard. Faint Attack hits again to bring it to the red. Full Restore comes outpredictably, and I keep Faint Attacking. Shadow Ball again and I win. Wow...I didn't actually need to heal to win this fight. Oh well, that was simple.

Houndoom level 39: +1 Def, +3 HP and Sp Atk, +2 everything else

I get the TM Avalanche off her which is basically an Ice version of Revenge. It hits physical though, so it would be more useful on Snover. Now this will be one of the timesI have to put out one of my main team mons for an HM slave, namely Bibarel. For this small space in time I decide I can live without Houndoom for a little bit. Iteach BibarelRock Climb and head out to Route 216 to grab Ice Beam for Glaceon. While I Rock Cimb, I find a Blackbelt in waiting with a MAchoke. switch out to Toxicroak who resists the BS of MAchoke, only taking minimal damage from a Vital Throw. Another Vital Throw and I bust out a Revenge, one shottng it because Toxicroak is a champ. I'm also fairly certain t's the only move I've ever utilized usefully.

Glaceon level 27: +3 HP and Sp Atk, +1 Speed, +2 everything else. Man, this thing is catching up quick. Skiier comes tumbling on over after hitting trees like a pinball machine whileI bust out Lucario to Flash Cannon a Snorunt. It predictably starts spamming Protect like an annoying bitch, eventually busting through the blue barrier to blow Snorunt up. Swinub out next, which also prepares to eat a Flash Cannon. Snover comes last to finish the party, and after an Ice Shard I just decide to slap it with a Force Palm since I don't wanna blow all my Flash Cannon on one trainer. One more Skiier rolling around with a Swinub which gets Cannon'd, and then a Snover to get Palmed. Well, Palm doesn't ne shot and it gets a Mist up so Itake some residual Hail damage, then an Ice Shard before it actually goes down. Should have Flash Cannon'd.

Lucario level 33: +4 Sp Atk, +1 Sp Def, +3 Atk, +2 everything else. I ignore Swords Dance, since this Lucario is special inclined. I find a Mental Herb and an HP Up while I'm up here on this treck, a Max Potion and finally Ice Beam which I teach immediately to Glaceon, replacing Tackle with it. One last Skiier to take care of, as she packs a Snover. I learned my lesson last time, so I use Flash Cannon. It's super effective.

Glaceon level 28: +3 Def, +2 everything else. I should note that without Intimidate and about50 ore HP, Glaceon nw has statistically similar defense to Luxray even though it's still 11 levels lower. I heal up at the lodge before deciding to head back for Lake Acuity.

Lake Acuity

I see Barry there getting his ass handed to him by Jupiter of all people. I head to the right to return to Snowpoint to get my Staravia to fly me back to Vielstone, finding a Reaper Cloth on the way.

Will take a break here, but I still want to remark at Glaceon's fast leveling speed. I also still wish I didn't have an Impish natured one, because if I had a let's say a Timid or a +Sp Atk - Speed natured Glaceon, it's Sp Atk would be through the roof. It's very dependent on learning Ice Beam sure, but not many others would put it to good use outside of perhaps Empoleon (would give him additional coverage too, including Dragon which would be great considering it's Steel typing would resist anything they could dish out). If you don't have Empoleon, even cooler.

Next time, we look into how stupid Galactic is for broadcasting themselves noisily by having the world's most unhidden HQ ever.

I do not believe this garbage, that actually worked. Thank you, Kon.

Team Galactic HQ

Dusk Stone get. Would be wonderful on a Sneasal. It is time to bust heads! First in line stops me in the hallway (how did Looker sneak by?) with a Golbat. It uses Mean Look while I check out how much damage a Flash Cannon does. 1/3 hm? Air Cutter hits for similar damage while I throw another Flash Cannon for a crit and down it goes. Zinc hm? I give it to Lucario before continuing on. Houndour comes out and I down it with a Force Palm. Murkrow comes out and I decide to just switch to Luxray and blow it up. Upthe stairs I go, and the music calms down when I enter the more proper offices. A Grunt doesn't exactly like that I'm snooping around and busts out a Scrubmeow at me. I have no idea what it tried to do, but it let me Force Palm it.

Glaceon level 29: +1 Atk and Speed, +2 Def and Sp Def, +3 HP and Sp Atk. Replaced Sand Attack with Bite. At least it's coverage.

Right teleporter nabs me Snatch, which is an entirely useless move. I head up more stairs to the more cold iron floored area, running across a Grunt with yet again another Glameow. Slash hits for a bit, and then it gets Force Palmed. Croagunk soon follows, where I bust out Toxicroak to Mud Bomb it. Murkrow next and I decide it's time I test out Glaceon for real now that it's started catching up. Murkrow uses Night Shade which hurts like a bitch, but Ice Beam one shots. I decide to use my 2 PP Ups on Ice Beam, seeing as it's basically Glaceon's only attack. 10 PP is not a lot, but I boost it up to 14. Sounds a lot better. I take a teleporter and meander around admittedlya bit lost before running into a Scientist with a Kirlia. The Scientist uses X Defend on it while I deconstruct it with a Force Palm after a Flash Cannon.

Lucario level 34: +1 Def, +2 Sp Def and Speed, +3 everything else.

Kadabra comes out and I bust out Houndoom since that would be playing risky with Luc. Thunder Wave (it learns that?) hits Houndoom, and I spend a couple turns paralyzed while Kadabra sits there helpless against Houndoom's typing. Eventually, Houndoom eats him.

Glaceon level 30: +3 Def and Sp Atk, +2 everything else.

Cheri used to cure Houndoom's Paralysis, and get a Dubious Disk. Did I miss something? Can you get a Porygon in this game? Down the stairs and I find the TM for Sludge Bomb! Toxicroakiss happy to see it. I drop Faint Attack for it. That Sp Atk boosting nature is about to start paying off. Galactic Key get! I go back to the point before the teleporter and head up the stairs, eventually running into a Stunky. Flash Cannon does nearly all of it's health whileI take a measily Slash, finishing with Force Palm. Run into another Grunt who's just meandering through the halls, having a Murkrow on him. It Taunts as though I have any other moves, and I hit it with a Flash Cannon to one shot. Stunky out last which gets hit with a Flash Cannon. Doesn't kill though and I get hit with a Night Slash. I promptly stop caring and Force Palm it. Key unlocks the door and I find the TM for Frustration! Suppose it's a good way to start off happiness evolutions, as it starts off strong and you can gauge as it gets weaker.

Suppose I gotta storm the front gates now. I heal up since the pokecenter is just on the way there. I like how none of the Galactic members try to stop me while I just waltz through the front door. Get walkie talkies, guys. Plenty of Grunts along this hallway from what I can tell, first starting with a Golbat. Mean Look is so gen 2 catching Entei strats, here's a Flash Cannon. Seems it wasn't enough. I try another, but it Confuse Rays me...Oh wait, it totally works. Down goes Golbat-sliver of health. Air Cutter hits for about 28 damage while it gets hit with a Force Palm to end it. Another Golbat next, throwing out Glaceon to try herself on a real threat. It uses Confuse Ray, but unable to stop an Ice Beam. Does not kill, but I QA to finish. Down it goes. If I had a not -Sp Atk nature, that would have one shot. Oh well.

Glaceon level 31: +3 HP, +1 Atk, +2 everything else.

I get the feeling Golbat is popular among Galactic Grunts. Confuse Ray hits Luc and Luc hits himself. One Flash Cannon hits after that, it...switches into Houndour. I snap out of Confusion before it can do anything, and I smack it with a Force Palm. I send in Glaceon on Golbat to finish it with Ice Beam while it tries to give me a Mean Look. I I decide to use my healing Berries to bring Lucario back to the green, having him at 78 HP. Hole bunch of teleporters here, but I decide to chat with a Scientist watching some Jerry Springer, who sicks a Porygon2 at me. Uses an X Special, but I don't care because I have Force Palm-it doesn't even 2HKO though it's hitting weakness? More annoyed by the -Atk nature, but also surprised by how bulky this mon is. Another Force Palm brings it to the red and paralyzes while it one shots me with Psychic. Uhhh, in goes Glaceon to finish it off.

Glaceon level 32: +1 Speed, +2 HP, Atk and Sp Def, +3 everything else.

I use a Revive on Lucario cause I was not expecting such a hardcore asswhooping. The two side teleporters lead me to a Green Shard and a Max Revive! Me and Looker sit by while Cyrus gives his men a god-complexed speech (seriously, he even has these long draped banners hanging off hte wall with his sigil and everything), loudly announcing he's heading to Mt. Coronet. It's then after a teleporter I find beds (I wasted a Revive...). A double team heads up,a Croagunk and a Stunky. Out goes Lucario and Glaceon. I want that Croagunk dead immediately so I throw a Flash Cannon at it and one shot it. Night Slash hits Lucario for peanuts while Stunky is hit with an Ice Beam that nearly hits. QA doesn't kill the beamed Stunky, which sucks, but the other one goes down easy enough to a Flash Cannon. Night Slash then hits Glaceon and with a crit manages to deal half health. QA finally finishes the Stunky while Glameow comes out to get hit with a Force Palm. Croagunk out last, and it gets hit with a Flash Cannon, promptly falling flat on it's ass and passing out.

Glaceon level 33: +1 Atk, +3 Sp Atk, +2 everything else. I REALLY wish I had a better nature! It's Sp Atk would be astounding by now.

I decide to go back down and have another light snooze before continuing. One teleporter leads me to a Protein, which I give to Houndoom. Hidden in hte box after a teleporter is an Elixer, snatching the Max Elixer on the way out. I unlock the door, and I confront the crazy-ass behind all these bombings.

Galactic Leader: Cyrus

Sneasal out first and it screeches, which I respond promptly with a Force Palm to blow it up.

Lucario level 35: +3 Sp Atk and Speed, +2 everything else.

Outcomes Honchcrow, and for some reason I stupidly threw in Glaceon. It's tough, but Honchkrow does not give a damn. I decide to risk an Ice Beam only to be caught with a Drill Peck...WOW I survived! Damn, Glaceon, that thing was 13 levels higher than you!! Well one more hit would destroy me, so in goes Luxray to Intimidate. Faint Attack hits, dealing a hefy hefty 43 damage. Still faster, it lets another Faint Attack rip, to which I Spark to finish it off. Crobat comes out last, and it bites with a Poisoned Fang and poisons, leaving me at 1 HP while I Spark it. Got it deep in the yellow while Luxray succumbs to poison. Out goes Empoleon who gets Supersonic'd while I attempt to bust out Brine. I hit myself, and it starts spamming Air Cutter, but it gets hit with a life ending Brine. Tough luck, Cyrus. Cyrus though has a lot of balls, since he just shrugs and walks off, even going as far as to reward me for kicking his ass. I go back to the beds and have myself a snooze before I continue on, because I remember there's one more fight.

Galactic Labs

The music sounds like something out of Earthbound. There's a Full Restore before entering the place where the 3 psychic pixies are held in tortured captivity. One last goon decides to stop me.

Galactic Commander: Saturn

I actually lead with Glaceon to Ice Beam, since I know the commanders always lead with a Golbat. 2 Air Cutterstaken while it goes down to 2 Ice Beams. My nature probably would have only gotten a QA if I didn't have a -Sp Atk.

Glaceon level 34: +3 HP and Def, +2 everything else.

Bronzor next, so I thrown in Houndoom, hitting with a Fire Fang for about half health and making it flinch, Houndoom chewing up the rest of that health selfishly. Toxicroak comes out next and I decide to fight it with my own. To my sadness it still has Mud Bomb apparently, but uses Poison Jab instead. Still managed to do about 38 damage, but my Mud Bomb did more. Still in the green though because that thing is level 44. Another Poison Jab, another Mud Bomb. I actually reduce his acc too, but the next Poison Jab to my irritation crits and kills Toxicroak. Had he not crit, I'd have killed. Out goes Empoleon to finish it off with Brine, avoiding a Brick Break while doing so.

Empoleon level 41: +3 HP, +1 Atk, +2 everything else.

The pixies are free and I flee the building via the green teleporter. I find a hidden PP Up on the way out.

I take a break here. Next time, we head for Mt. Coronet for an experience that's out of this world!

I go to Eterna, and I have to put away a mon to use a Bibarel for all the HM BS I have to use. I decide to put Houndoom in, since he isn't THAT helpful against Galactic. Well, time to hit Mt. Coronet!

Mt. Coronet-The Ascent

On the way to the Rock Climb path when you surf is a Protein! I'll save it for Houndoom. Now we begin the ascent proper...and these wild pokemon are on level with me. I stupidly forgot to put something other than Glaceon in the lead and I don't wanna risk with it's speed, so I throw in Toxicroak when I run into a wild Machoke. Already on a bad start as it crits with a Submission, doing 50 damage. I put Lucario in the lead since even though he's still got 5 levels to be on par, he's the fastest guy on my team. Near the Max Repel is a hidden Red Shard. After some boulder shoving there's an Escape Rope to the south, and going south over the stairs gets you a Timer Ball and an Iron! I give the Iron to Toxicroak. Take the bridge head down, and going south is an item one's eye would tend to loom over since you have vision of it for a while, and it's TM Rock Slide! Nice! Only problem is only 3 mons can learn it, Lucario (who would put it to crap use with his meh Atk, thanks nature), Toxicroak (Who would only give him the additional coverage of Flying, which would tear his ass apart anyways) and Empoleon (even worse Atk than Luc). I continue on anyways, grabbing a Max Revive on the way to find a broken barricade. Looker comes by to be useless and gives me a Black Flute. Useful for now at least.

I follow the path until there's a fork going down stairs or going north. The stairs has a hidden Star Piece. Up north is when we finally run into our first Galactic Grunt who frankly should have been on guard far beyond this point. She only has a Stunky to offer to the Flash Cannon god, and though it doesn't one shot, Stunky doesn't do a lot in return. From here on in, it's a gauntlet of pain and hurt. Next comes a Murkrow, who will hurt like a bitch if it uses Night Shade. I throw a Flash Cannon while I eat a small Faint Attack and one shot it.

After him, we take a trip outside to the snowy apex. Lots of distracting paths that ultimately lead to dead ends here, so the issue is finding the right path. Two Rock Climbs lead me to a Star Piece. Pushable boulder and then a rock smash to get a Blue Shard. Keep on this path and you'll eventually head back inside to find a Rock Climb path and a Galactic derp hanging around who at best is guarding a hidden item. He uses a Houndour, which Lucario knows to Force Palm for hilarity's sake.

Glaceon level 35: +1 Speed, +2 everything else. It's leveling speed is so fast it actually caught up to Lucario on just Exp Share. Another Houndour? Lucario's not even on par and he's cutting through-ok, Golbat, in goes Glaceon. Air Cutter hits for about 24 damage while I unleash a really really cold Ice Beam to one shot. BOW BEFORE THE POWER OF UNDERLEVELED GLACEON! It does not care!Behind a Rock Smash is a Sun Stone, for...Uhh, is Oddish actually available in this game? If you have been using Gloom this entire time up till now, I salute you. The path has anther Galactic on the way with a Stunky, and t gets hit with a Flash Cannon. It crits, so the story ends there. Golbatoutnext, soin goes Glaceon. Poison Fang hits for a decent chunk before an Ice Beam completely dismantles his ass.

Glaceon level 36: +1 Atk, +3 HP and Sp Atk, +2 everything else. It is now PAST Lucario's level. Quick Attack replaced with Ice Shard, seeing as it's the same thing but a STAB.

I decide to check about with the Item Finder to discover a Full Heal...Just..In the middle of the path. Random, but I'm thankful. Before the stairs is another hidden item to the right, holding an Ultra Ball, and on the path out there is a Max Revive.

Back outside, heading north to find a Moon Stone in a rock. Before going back in is yet another hidden item, an Energy Root. In the small path is a hidden Max Elixer. Up the stairs then is a gauntlet of Galactic Grunts gearing to give me a good gashing. First up has a Houndour which promptly eats The Palm. Glameow comes out next, and though it gets off a measily Slash, it also eats The Palm. She was also hiding a hidden Full Restore. Yet even more hidden items before the next guy, a-oh, hi Golbat. I see I can't run from you and I now have areally weakened Lucario. Stupid Golbats, they suck even in the wild. As I was saying though I found a Rare Candy. Another Grunt heads me off, and it uses a Glameow. He foolishly uses Sucker Punch even though I'm at like 10 HP and I smoke it with The Palm.

Lucario level 36: +4 Sp Atk, +1 Sp Def, +3 HP, +2 everything else.

Golbat comes out next, ready to dish out some hurt. Poison Fang hits Glaceon for not a lot, but it poisons. Oh no, a wasted Pecha. Ice Beam destroys it. It's time to use those Rare Candies I have, since Luc is now basically at that level and Glaceon levels so fast I don't care.

Lucario level 37: +1 Def, +3 HP and Atk, +2 everything else. Replaced Reversal with Aura Sphere.

Lucario level 38: +1 Sp Def, +3 Sp Atk, +2 everything else.

Lucario level 39: +3 HP, +2 everything else.

Toxicroak level 39: +3 HP, +1 Sp Def, +2 everything else.

Level 40 Lucario: +4 Sp Atk, +2 everything else.

Lucario has like a stunning 120 Sp Atk to blow things away with a 90 BP STAB attack that always hits and is fighting element. I had given Toxicroak a Rare Candy as it never really gets a chance often to go in and actually do something. Glaceon now in the lead- oh right, speed. Lucario back in the lead to outrun mons. Up stairs I go to find another Grunt. Glaceon leads, facing off against a Golbat, which is favorable. It uses stupid dumb Mean Look and gets a Beam for it.

Glaceon level 37: +3 Def and Sp Atk, +2 everything else.

Croagunk next, and it gets BEAMED-after a Sucker Punch. Murkrow last and I have a bad feeling this wo't end well. Fant Attack hits, finishing off my low health Glaceon, so Luxray comes out next to finish it. It Taunts, telling me to bring it before I explode it into a bucket of KFC with a Spark.

Revive used on Glaceon, cause I'm not done with it yet.

Mt. Coronet Summit

Ahhh, yes. I get double teamed a lot here, so I lead Glaceon along with the ever so helpful Luxray. Two Grunts halt me to duel, busting out a Croagunk and a Stunky. Night Slash hits Glaceon to tickle, and Spark hits Stunky to wow-does not one shot. ce Beam hits Croagunk and absolutely overkills with a crit. Croagunk comes out again. Ice Shard to finish off Stunky, Spark hitting Croagunk to explode it. Glameow comes out last who slashes Glaceon and doesn't crit, while a Spark ruins Glameow's day. I use a Hyper Potion because an evil double team is coming up next. In fact, I use another on Lucario just in case. It's then Barry comes to dissapoint me because apparently it's 2v2. So much for my Hyper Potions.

Galactic Duel: Mars and Jupiter

Up first are two Bronzors, of which I seriously thought they would lead with Golbats. I switch out to Lucario while the Bronzors set up Screens. Munchlax Screeches one which I guess helps, but I Aura Sphere since I hit a LOT harder that way Screech or no. Extrasensry hits Munchlax for pathetic damage, and another for still pathetic damage. Another Screech? Ok at this point I use Force Palm to see what happens. Force Palm nearly kills and it paralyzes too. They keep using Extrasensory on Munchlax, though one hits Lucario for a little bit. Force Palm kills the Bronzor, the other using Extrasensry on me to bring me down to about half health. Purugly comes out next, who uses Slash on Munchlax, of which with a crit kills it. I Aura Sphere to avenge, bringing it to the red while it uses a Sitrus Berry to recover to close to half. The Screens wear off (wow, I could have killed it if it didn't have a screen!). Slash hits Rapidash for half health, and it Fire Blasts Bronzor to reduce it to scrap metal.

Glaceon level 38: +1 Atk +2 Sp Atk. It now has 100. Man, if it had a neutral or better it would have more Sp Atk or even mroe than my Timid Lucaro. It's defense is near 100 though, so I guess I shouldn't complain. Another Aura Sphere finishes off Purugly. The feared double Golbat comes out, and they decide to absolutely wreck Rapidash for some reason. I use Flash Cannon in defiance to these beats, hitting Mars's with a Flash Cannon. Buizel comes to my aid, who Iron Tails a Golbat and reduces it's defense, and they use Air Cutter spam to start cutting us to the bone. Lucario succumbs to the spamming, and out comes Glaceon. Floatzel finishes off a Golbat while the other launches a Sludge Bomb at Glaceon for near half health. Ice Bea nearly kills, and I use Ice Shard in case Floatzel derps. Skuntank is out last, and Floatzel hits it with an Urin Tail while exploding to a Poison Jab. Ice Beam hits Skuntank to get it below half, and it uses a Sitrus Berry to get back to green. Staraptor comes in as a savior, but it misses a Takedown while nastily enough Skuntank uses Flamethrower (ewwww....), Toxicroak coming in because it's had enough of this bullshit. Staraptor hits it with a Take Down and crits to kill it.

BOOM. Barry heals me because he's a bro, and then all hell breaks loose...

Distortion World

Otherwise known as the ultra-long empty void of easy puzzles. Brb.

Well that was a trippy waste of time. Now to finish Galactic once and for all.

Galactic Leader: Cyrus

I throw out Toxicroak to faceof against Houndoom. It uses Flamethrower while Toxicroak winds up and lets rip a Revenge to demolish it.

Glaceon level 39: +3 Def and Sp Atk, +2 everything else.

Gyarados up next, where I bust out Luxray. Both intimidate eachother, but I HAVE SHOCKWA-*gets Earthquaked* oh, you are brilliant Cyrus. BUT I LIVE! Shockwave! KZZZZZT-it lives too. Another Earthquake hits, and it demolishes me. I toss out Bibarel to take a hit while I use a rare Max Revive on Luxray. Earthquake kills Bibarel, and in goes Luxray with another Intimidation. It deciddes "OK, I'll use Giga Impact". Not even half health while Shockwave finishes it off.

Luxray level 40: +1 Def and Sp Def, +2 Speed, +3 everything else.

Weavil comes out next, so out goes Lucario. A Fake out happens, which I DO NOT SHRUG AND TAKE IT BECAUSE I UTILIZE INNER FOCUS TO CHARGE UP AN AURA SPHERE AND BLOW. IT. AWAY! Get some, Weavil! Honchkrow comes out next, and I bring in Luxray to Intmidate, but then bring in Empoleon to benefit off it. Or at least it tried as it uses Heat Wave. It uses it again, hitting Empoleon for Neutral while I throw a Surf at it. I use a Max Potion to survive the next Heat Wave so I can hit it with another Surf to kill. It misses while I'm healing, and it hits the next one while Surf finishes it. Crobat comes out last, so I throw in Glaceon to finish this mess off. It Toxics me, which is a pretty annoying thing, but Ice Beam hits for a metric ton of damage. Air Slash hits to annoy me, but I d not flinch as another Ice Beam finishes off the god complexed monster.

Glaceon level 40: +3 Sp Atk, +2 everything else.

THE TEAM! IS! COMPLETE!! Everyone is now up to speed, so I can toss aside this EXP share and play normally. My mons are fully healed. I'm not done with this world yet. As for the beast upcoming? I'm not catching it...

Distortion World God: Giratina

Glaceon, my latest joining and catching up mon bravely leads. I want an Ice Beam to start, but it uses Shadow Force, which brings me down to 25 HP. Ice Beam hits it for just above half and freezes it. Ice Beam finishes it. Well...That was anti-climactic.

Sendoff Spring

Just a landing point for escaping from the Distortion World, though it does have annoying mons on the way out. I return to Vielstone to get Houndoom back out and save.

Next time, we head for Sunnyshore!

Time to head for the beautiful Sunnyshore! Leading with Toxicroak

Route-

Oh wait, apparently I gotta go see Rowan first. All he does is tell me that the pixies are back at the lakes, and to go to Sunnyshore. Thanks game, I really needed to know that.

Route Something

Rich Boy out first, busting out OH GOD LUXRAY. I decide to launch a Sludge Bomb, poisoning and doing near half. I decide to cook up some revenge, but he has something else in mind as he Roars me out to Glaceon, then promptly dies of poison...Well, that was an awkward fight. 2 Wikis, Magos, Aguavs, and a Qualot berry. Along the route is a beach of fisherman, but I take the top route to find a Beauty with a Lopunny where I prepare a Revenge in retaliation to a Dizzy Punch, which it confuses me and that Revengedoes not go well. More Dizzy Punches while I keep attempting Revenge but I smack myself. Toxicroak has the worst luck ever. Out goes Empoleon because Toxicroak is a derp. It Charms me on the way in while I bust out Surf to interrupt it's Agility show. Another Agility and it goes down to Surf.

Toxicroak: +4 HP, +3 Atk and Sp Atk, +2 everything else.

Along the path is a fellow who has Fling, which isn't too useful to me so I go on. A dual between an Innertuber and a Sailor, which I have between my Houndour and Glaceon, they having a Remoraid and Mantyke. Faint Attack takes out Remoraid easy andIce Beam hits Mantyke for abou thalf (Damn, how bulky is that thing?). It hitsGlaceon with a Water Pulse for a bit of damage and confusion. Faint Attack finishes. Under one of the building sheets is a cleverly hidden PP Up. Time to take on the legion of fisherman, who first starts off with a level 42 Magikarp. Sometimes you just gotta sigh. My Faint Attack fails to kill it in one shot by some miracle, but it's Tackle expectedly does diddly. Bite eats it. Gyarados expectedly comes out next, to which I bring out Glaceon. It uses Dragon Dance to start buffing up while I hit it with an Ice Beam for a critical hit to kill.

Glaceon level 41: +1 speed, +3 HP and Def, +2 everything else.

Next in line for an asskicking has 4 mons, first busting out-goddammit more Magikarp. This must be the derp convention. Istill have no idea how they're surviving Houndoom, but it's not like they're doing a lot in return. Finneon comes out next towhch I Faint Attack to one shotwith a crit. Remoraid up next, which Houndoom murders in the darkness. Finally a Gyarados comes out (what, no Feebas?), to which Luxray correctly comes out. I attempt a Shockwave, but I get blasted with a Hydro Pump. Gyarados's Sp Atk sucks harder than an industrial plunger, so it does less than 50 damage despite it being an absurdly powerful STAB, and it gets blasted. More fisherman with more Magikarp who Houndoom still can't manage to muster with a one shot. Finneon comes out again to a Faint Attack and only goes down to 1/3 health. Another Faint Attack goes down, and FINALLY Feebas stops being a coward. Feebas unlike the others goes down like it should. Another fisherman to annoy me no doubt with another Magi-hi Gyaridos! *Flees to the safety of Luxray*. Ice Fang (I had a Houndoom out...) hits me on the way in while it uses Rain Dance, to which is responded with a Shock Wave.

Houndoom level 40: +1 Def, +2 Atk and S Def, +3 everything else.

I keep Luxray out, gettng hit with a Hydro Pump and dies because of low health. I forgot about Hydrop Pump. I decide to take advantage of it and send out Empoleon since my other mons can't deal. I use Surf (It's faster than Luxray?) while it misses a Hydro Pump, and then an Aqua Tail hits to deal 96 damage thanks to a crit. OUCH. One more Surf finishes. Remoraid last. Toxicroak comes in to take an easy kill. Sludge Bomb hits and destroys it.

I decide to head back to the inn at the resort before continuing on. I let Luxray in the lead as it's close to leveling, running into an Innertuber with a Remoraid. Simple enough. Now the two routes meet and are stopped by a Sailor wh tells me I gots to pay tole. He does something laughable and throws a pathetic Wingull at me. It QAs me for 4 damage and then gets electrocuted.

Luxray level 41: +1 Sp Def, +3 HP and Atk, +2 everything else.

Gastrodon out next, to which out comes Toxicroak. I cook up a Revenge while it Rain Dances (No luck at all). Does not do that much (I keep forgetting what these damn things's type is), and I try a Sludge Bomb (hits resistance) and it uses Hidden Power for equally little damage while I hit with a Mud Bomb and getting the acc drop to avoid the Body Slam, and it goes down to one last Sludge Bomb. Machoke comes in last, and I keep in Toxicroak to hit it with a Sludge Bomb for serious damage, only getting hit with a meh Submission. Mud Bomb hits to finish it off. Toxicroak leads as it's now close to leveling, but the route abruptly ends. We've arrived!

Sunnyshore City

Flint stops me to tell me about Volkner being such a badass he actually has gotten bored of a gym leader because no one can defeat his awesomeness. Seeing as Electricity is a really difficult element to deal with without Ground moves (seeing as not a lot resists it either) and that he is the last gym leader, I don't doubt that one bit. I always did like Sunnyshore, love the design and cheerful music. There happens to be a Thunderstone just lying around, and then I go to the Lighthouse to talk some sense to Volkner. He tells me not to dissapoint, and I don't plan to.

Sunnyshore Gym

Now I have a problem. Namely, I have no mons that resist electricity aside from Luxray. In fact, the only Ground move I have is Toxicroak's Mud Bomb. A Schoolgirl stops me with a Pachirisu (YOU!). It Discharges, hittingfornot even 30 damage while I fling a Mud Bomb. I shrug while it misses a SweetKiss (For Toxicroak, nice stops at midnight) and a Sludge Bomb hits hard and poisons, the poison finishing it off.

Toxicroak level 41: +3 HP and Atk, +2 Sp Atk, +1 everything else. I almost never use Sucker Punch simply because it's only because it's too risky to use since Toxicroak sucks against the few things it's ever good for, so I replace it with Poison ab ust to go mixed. I decide to put Houndoom in the lead because Toxicroak wasn't really too effective anyways. Next is a Schoolboy who decides to throw a Magneton at me. I didn't even anticipate it, I just decided what the hell. It uses an X Speed while I Fire Fang it. Doesn't kill, but Magneton only uses a Mirror Shot. He gets the acc drop so I naturally miss the Fire Fang and it blows me up with a Thunderbolt. Fantastic. Out goes Lucario who takes a Thunderbolt coming in and nearly dies himself beore an Aura Sphere finishes the evil thing off.

So, Lucario now leads after a Max Potion. A Rocker is in my path, who throws a Magnemite out. Aura Sphere destroys it. Luxio comes out so I switch to Toxicroak who busts out a Sludge Bomb, nearly killing it and poisoning while I take a Crunch for no damage. Poison Jab finishes it off. Another Luxio comes out to which I land another Sludge Bomb to nearly kill and poisoning, Thunder Fang hurting quite a bit more than Crunch, but poison finishes it off. Pikachu Kid is up next, and as suspected has a lot of Pikachu. It uses Agility and it gets hit with a very beefy Aura Sphere.

Lucario level 41: +1 Def and Sp Def, +2 Speed, +3 everything else.

Another Pikachu next, and I figure that Toxicroak ison a rare roll so I let him out. Feint does nothing, as Pikachu lets me kill it with a Sludge Bomb. Another Pikachu, and this time it uses Discharge to not do alot of damage while it goes down to another Sludge Bomb. Last Pikachu just gives up and Feints.

Next room, I pick a fight with a Rocker who has a Riachu. Uhhhh, retreating to Luxray. Thunderbolt hits for exactly 30 damage. It uses Thunder Wave next toparalyze me, which certain;y does not make this easier. A Spark hits for a pretty bold amount o damage. It uses QA for a 23 damage hit while Spark brings it nearly down and paralyzes too. Slam hits and does some serious damage while 'm paralyzed. A QA crits and brings Luxray to the red while one last Spark finishes. Getting my way on, I run into an Electabuzz. I am now genuinelyafraid as I have to sacrifice Luxray to it to get another mon in safely. Lucario comes in. Thunderbolt hits for a TON of damage while I throw out an Aura Sphere. I land a crit but still don't kill. Now here I sit wishing I still had QA while another Thunderbolt downs Lucario. In goes Glaceon to bust out Ice Shards. Down goes Electabuzz.

Toxicroak level 42: +2 Def and Sp Def, +3 everything else.

Raichu comes out next, who uses Light Screen in time to help reduce Ice Beam's damage. Thunderbolt hits for just a bit more than half. One more Thunderbolt and I hope it was just a proc. I pray that Thunderbolt doesn't kill-it uses Dig? It...Digs me and hits for more than half, but Brine ensures the kill. That fight busted me up badly, and I'm in terrible shape. I flee like a coward to heal up before going back in.

Houndoom back in the lead, next fight is a Rocker with a Luxio. Fire Fang hits it for a bit more than half while it uses Swagger. I use a Persim berry to treat that problem, thanking it for the big boost, but then it Scary Faces me so it Swaggers me again while I'm preparing a Faint Attack. I hit myself and dam near kill my Houndoom. Talk about the bestlaid plan. In goes Lucario who absorbs the Crunch easy, finishing with an Aura Sphere. Another Luxio comes in, and I keep Lucario in to Aura Sphere it, one shotting it. Cooltrainer stops me, busting out-oh crap, another Electabuzz. I throw out Luxray since he can handle his own kind pretty well. Thunderbolt hits for about 45 damage. Washoping that woul do less damage and it crits, though the crit was pretty pointless. I Spark, and get hit with a Static. QA finishes off Luxray. Lucario comes in and takes a Thunderbolt which brings it to the red, Aura Sphere hitting to DAMN still not dead! Lucario gets hit with a Shockwave and goes down. In goes Glaceon to Ice Shard, finishing it off. Magneton up next, of which I bust out Toxicroak to hit it with a Mud Bomb. It outspeedsme (good god!), and hits me with a Thunderbolt that reduces me to lower than 1/4 HP, but Mud Bomb kills. I am in no shape to take on Volkner after that, so I head back again to heal up before taking him on.

Boss: Volkner

I'm greeted by a Jolteon of all things. Thunder Wave paralyzes me (No real way avoiding that with Jolteon's speed) and I miss my Fire Fang. Charge Beam hits for not that much damage, but gets the Sp Atk proc, Fire Fang barely doing a quarter. Charge Beam hits again, ths time for more damage (nearly killed me where I stood) while FireFang does notably more damage, but QA kills me. If I didn't miss, it'd be dead. I decide to send in Toxicroak next, throwing a Mud Bomb through the Charge Beam which does around half health. Mud Bomb finishes the job. Electivire comes out, and it scares me senseless. I bust out Luxray to do something pretty weird: Leer it. It burns me with a Fire Punch (it was prepared for any threat I see), and we keep spamming the same stuff except it crits me the minute after and kills. Lucario comes in and takes a Fire Punch while I attempt a Force Palm to hopefully Paralyze. I do not, and it blows me up with a Thunderpunch. I send in Toxicroak to throw a Mud Bomb which lowers it's acc and makes him waste his berry. I use a Full Restore since he actually survived that pretty decently, a QA not doing a lot-oh great, a crit. It uses Thunderpunch to hurt me pretty bad-ANOTHER CRIT!?! Fuck you, game! I bust out Glaceon who dodgesa Fire Punch and does a heavy amountof damage with an Ice Beam and freezes. He predictably uses a Hyper Potion, and Ice Beam still hits hard. It's frozen Solid while I accidentally hit Bite, though I still surprisingly do a good amount of damage. Still frozen, and out comes an Ice Beam to kill the behemoth.

Glaceon level 42: +3 HP, +2 everything else. Raichu comes out next. It misses a Focus Blast while I spam Ice Beam like my life depends on it. I REALLY wish didn't have a -Sp Atk nature as a Focus Blast hits, dealing 106 damage, where Ice Beam hits and nearly kills but OF COURSE I'M A SLIVER OFF so I use Ice Shard to do some damage, and it finishes me with QA. Empoleon comes out last, getting hit with a Focus Blast which does an unreasonable amount of damage while I bust out a Surf to bring it to the red. I have no choice but to use a Max Revive to bring back Glaceon while it miraculously hits another Focus Blast to kill (no electric attacks, Raichu?). Make or break at this point as I throw another series of IceShards, which thankfully finish the Raichu off. Luxray comes out last which of course has Fire Fang, but doesn't even do half. Ice Beam hits to deal about half. Another Fire Fang comes out to bring me down to 16. Ice Beam hits to kill. I cannot believe I won that fight with that much hax going against me. He also gives me the TM for Charge Beam because apparently he's too much of a cheapskate to give me Thunderbolt.

I heal up after that nightmare and head north. I meet Barry who hasn't beaten Volkner yet, and then Jasmine (I MISS GEN 2 SO BADLY!!) gives me HM Waterfall (DAMMIT, I forgot about Victory Road!).

Route 223

I take a break here.

use Gastrodon, its cute!

Why do you keep telling me to use mons when I'm already in this deep with a full team? What, want me to just end it here? Unlike gen 3, I actually like gen 4 enough to complete it.

Though, I could also do a full review, since really barely anything's left, and the E4 in this game is a bit of a joke outside of the champion who is probably the meanest champion in the series.

And as a note, I will have a Gen 2 playthrough starting off around this weekend, so how about some suggestions for that eh? Would greatly appreciate some input there. I'mma start with Chikorita because I've never actually used it before. It probably sucks, but I am curious as to see how bad it sucks exactly. I like having accuracy in measurement these days.

Now immediately my thought is I will need something to deal with Falkner because he's a dick considering he's the first gym in the game. I forget what mons are around the area (I just know there's not a lot of variety), but I don't wanna just catch a Geodude for 1 gym.

Edited by grandjackal

Why do you keep telling me to use mons when I'm already in this deep with a full team? What, want me to just end it here? Unlike gen 3, I actually like gen 4 enough to complete it.

Though, I could also do a full review, since really barely anything's left, and the E4 in this game is a bit of a joke outside of the champion who is probably the meanest champion in the series.

And as a note, I will have a Gen 2 playthrough starting off around this weekend, so how about some suggestions for that eh? Would greatly appreciate some input there. I'mma start with Chikorita because I've never actually used it before. It probably sucks, but I am curious as to see how bad it sucks exactly. I like having accuracy in measurement these days.

Now immediately my thought is I will need something to deal with Falkner because he's a dick considering he's the first gym in the game. I forget what mons are around the area (I just know there's not a lot of variety), but I don't wanna just catch a Geodude for 1 gym.

Chikaritas alright

Shes a bulky mon.

Use Wooper and either Espeon or Hoothoot