Fire Emblem: Death or Glory Version 2.5(12/28/2014) out!

NYZgamer3

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. In my hack for this story and next, all side chapters and final chapter will have no EXP gain.

Except the only difference is that in side chapters, the boss will give you EXP. The boss in the final chapter doesn't

Edited by NYZgamer3

Nice hack you got here. I immensly enjoying it and Im already at chapter 6 and I have 2 suggestions/improvements/nerfs.

The first is that Donwick being a knight in this game is bad (imo). In his beginning chapter, all he does is wall, he cant kill or double, and getting expereience for him, even if its little is a chore for him. eventually, he gets outclassed by Vidar due to his high defenses, but especially mobility. I would suggest to change his class to soldier, but to keep the base stats. Ragnar would specialize in all around offences, but Donwick would specialize in defence. But thats just my idea.

The second is decreasing Melanie's base level. Her bases are rather poor for her level, in par with the early peg knights you get in other FE games, except her big HP and level boost. Due to the level boost, killing an enemy nets her such little exp that it would be better off for other people. Maybe if you decrease her level by 1 or 2 would help her exp gains and be able to grow more, especially against the enemies, who keep increasing in stats

Thank you!

Okay for Donwik, I will still keep the same class but I might buff his stat growths a little and debuf Vidar's deff a little.

For Melanie, I might just take your suggestion and decrease her level.

I'm still under the impression that Melanie needs a 1 or 2 point Strength boost more than a level drop; even at Lv. 3-4, 5 Strength is still not that much even with lances and she could use the power badly here. I can't really think of another Pegasus Knight that starts even worse than she does with power in the vanilla games outside of Sheeda, and 2/3 of the games she's in, she can circumvent her strength issues with a Silver Lance.

Just a suggestion.

@ Mage Knight- thats true I can do that instead of decreasing her level.

@ ExiledWolf - There is a requirement. You must visit the south village with Mil in order to get the gaiden chapter before turn 13. If you don't, then that bandit next to it will destroy it.

Oh wow, Im in the defend the king chapter, and one of the NPC generals killed Kinowa, He got moved to the eastern part, near the door when ranging a Paladin Enemy reinforcement.

Does this mean I cant recruit him?

(Not a big deal because hes just Kai on a horse, but this was very surprising)

Yeah, once he dies, he cant come back. He will be back in the next story but not with the same stats. Similar to Lyn's story and such if you know what I mean.

Edited by NYZgamer3

Oh ok. Well, its not too much of a hassle, I conveniently Save Stated incase I messed up. But wow, this game is so fun, yet difficult. The reinforcements are so many, yet they give so little experience.

And the bosses hit so hard. Now that I finished this chapter, the mages really shouldn't be that defensive imo. IIRC, they had the same defence as the archers, so they actually tanked a lot.

A minor thing, but is it possible for the skin on Agro's battle palette to be darkened? It would match up more with his portrait that way.

Edited by Ryan7556