Fire Emblem: Death or Glory Version 2.5(12/28/2014) out!

NYZgamer3

Im thinking about 30 chapters. 10 for Ragnars and the rest for the next story. I'm not too sure though, but the max is going to be 33 if the story allows for me to go that far.

Edited by NYZgamer3

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Max 30-33 chapters sounds quite promising.

I also have another request. Do you think maybe you could (have your spriter) make some of the bosses (or future bosses) less ugly looking maybe. As in giving a similar attractiveness to Gavri (the first boss) or maybe even Donwik. Basically I'm asking this because every single Fire Emblem game tends to make the bosses either ugly or really generic looking (while the playable cast is usually full of good looking guys). It would be nice to deviate a bit from that formula.

Edited by Ryan7556

I didn't think that the bosses were too ugly (well, aside from Boor) but I'll try prettying them up a bit once I feel like spriting again. 'Cause honestly, that always bothered me as well.

There's a small (yet amusing) error in grammar I noticed. Should obviously be "Can he be responisble for all of this madness?" There might be other small dialogue errors like this as well in other parts.

Also MK404, when is that LP of this going to start (if you're doing one)?

post-1366-082879800 1345175278_thumb.png

Edited by Ryan7556

NYZ, Agro updated his music recently. The new Endless Battle track seems improved over the one you currently implemented. Also, are you going to use one of his other converted tracks for the enemy battle theme? As of now, the track you have implemented for the player battle theme (Early Initiative) sounds pretty good.

I also think that "Days of Training" would be a good NPC phase theme.

Edited by Ryan7556

• 3 weeks later...

Changes to the Death or Glory hack.
The video quality is a little bad cuz my computer sucks. Sorry about that -___-

Anyways, new maps, new weapon icons, added new events, changed the text around to give it a little more detail, two new animations, new music and more.
I will try to release a new patch so you guys can try it soon.

There is a new chapter 8 map as well. I just couldn't get the time to put it in the video.

Thanks for watching!! :)

Credits in the OP for animations and songs. Edited by NYZgamer3

Don't worry Kitty. I won't release the new updated patch till end of this week or next week cuz I still have some work I have to do on it.

So you can play this one and when the new one comes out then you can see the new changes :)

Alright then.

And i was going to wait until I finished but got bored so...

[spoiler=Review type thingy]

Prologue:

Pretty standard I guess, nothing really to report there

Tbh didn't really have anything to report until like ch4(the one where you get the peg knight)

There were like way too many enemies and they all moved, making it almost impossible to actually get anything from the armory(which i desperately needed and still need btw)

I'd suggest some sort of a gaiden shopping chapter or something? Because the one map I've had so far that allowed shopping was basically timed(since the boss moved as well), and I couldn't get enough equipment(no merchant)

The boss was pretty ridiculous too, 42 HP like why

Personally I'd make the boss not move or make him move after some sort of area event, because it makes it difficult to shop, which you need to since there are so many enemies

Ch5:

The reinforcements need to not be FE5 style lol, it's interesting the first few times, but I've noticed every reinforcement is an FE5 Style reinforcement, which is just annoying as all hell. Also, it's ch5... Why am i facing a bunch of level 1's still... Tbh they're just weapon use fodder, which makes me complain about weapons again, sorry xD And that boss, again, was ridiculous, he needed to be toned down massively asdf

Ch6:

Reinforcements again, especially with one cav with a horseslayer, sheesh man. And that boss also needs to be toned down, he was the strongest level 6 archer i've ever seen in my life, why can i not recruit him instead of kai.(He should probably be a higher level as well, maybe like 10 or something)

Ch7:

Currently there, I'm just going to assume the reinforcements are going to piss me off again lol. Also I have like... No weapons left lol, they're all breaking because the amount of weak enemies D:

And that boss

I...

Same boss comment as before @~@(level 6 what kind of jesus knight is this guy)

Not a real comment, but I'm rooting for the generic warrior/paladin/sniper/hero lol But not the SM because he's so moot, he should probably have something better than a wo dao, these generals are laughing at him XD

hell yes

this warrior is god

Glitch-type things:

Blind thief man's palette is backwards(the cloak) and so is horned peg knight's hair palette. I also abhor what's his name the knight - wait I'm playing now let me just look - donwick's palette is awful D: I can help you on palettes(since it seems like those are the weakest parts of this hack so far, which is pretty damn good)

Overall complaint: Why am i facing a bunch of idiot level 1/2's when my whole team is roughly level 10, they just waste my time D:(I'd suggest looking at how fe6-8 balances the levels to get a better estimate on what levels they should probably be, and I get more EXP by not killing them than actually killing them which makes me sad :<

I'll wait to do character-related things, but i have to say that kai is awful D:

Complaints aside, this is not a bad hack at all, little errors here and there, but what project doesn't have those? They can be fixed easily as well, so no worries o 3o

Edited by Kitty of Time

Thanks for the review!

Yes, most of the things you stated I have changed, it will all be in this new patch coming out because I have received the same things you said from other people.

The peg knight is a little tougher now, enemies level changed, the bosses I might have to tone a bit and the FE5 style reinforcement makes it more difficult so I like it that way lol

That would be great if you can help out with the palettes.

I don't get why Kai sucks for a lot of people. Everytime I use him, he's amazing. Sometimes better than Ragnar, sadly XD

Kai is awful you say? Haha

Kaiisbeast.png

Edited by NYZgamer3

this looks awesome, i have this thing about playing unfinished hacks, but this looks so good, i don't care. but it does raise the question though, how far will the new patch go?

so i'm guessing you've played like

one hack?

Kai is awful you say? Haha

Kaiisbeast.png

Just wanna throw out that just because you've gotten a good Kai does not mean he will always be good. Personal experience means nothing and all that. If people are having trouble making him good or he doesn't show up good enough at the start, then you might want to consider making it so he's a bit easier to use, or maybe make his growths help him end up better, more often. just my two cents.

@ Izanagi - This new patch will be the same chapters just changes added to it. I can't continue on the story yet because I'm waiting on my spriter.

@Astra - Thank you! :)

@Seph - I understand your point. Idk maybe I just got lucky with him because every time I use him, his stats are always like that. I might raise it a little like 5 or 10 percent his stats, just depends though.

Edited by NYZgamer3