Member badge competition [Over]

Vincent said earlier in the thread that they would get the benefit of the doubt since people tend to post and just read the title and the last page without realising what's said on the OP.

'cuz he's a nice guy and all. It's not like he didn't clarify first that he would be counting those votes that happened before his clarification..

Edited by Luminescent Blade

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Vincent bold the no double-posting rule before or after he said he'd give people the benefit of the doubt? Just wondering, because if it was bolded since the competition began it'd be hard to miss.

But anyway ... I'm just going to have to post as much as I can, so I can get a character that I haven't already had before. -_-

I bet he edited it into his post after he noticed many people were voting more than once =b

(shrugs) We won't know unless we ask him. And if he forgot as well, then we'll never know. :P:

But anyway ... I'm just glad that I have two favorite FE characters, not one, so I'm not as disappointed about not getting my choice since the other one already exists as a badge. What I am annoyed with, however, is getting the same characters twice. I've had the Black Knight, Nephenee, Ike, and Sigrun twice already. I mean, I like the last three (I despise the BK), but I kind of want to get someone I've never had, you know? (Oh, and I REALLY want Tormod.)

People who won a badge will have to stop posting outside FftF if they want to retain the badges they won in this competition of luck.

Thing is, I don't post much outside FFtF and my badge somehow went from Greil to Marcia to the horse...

Thing is, I don't post much outside FFtF and my badge somehow went from Greil to Marcia to the horse...

I went to bed for the night and somehow my badge changed from Ike to Sigrun. O_o Seriously, I remember having the Ike badge last night, then when I woke up and posted this morning it was Sigrun. And now I'm Sothe.

That's due to the increase in badges overall so ranges are shifted. You were on the end of some range probably.

I post a lot outside of FFtF and yet I had Sara fairly consistently from when she was added to when Seth exists.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

That's due to the increase in badges overall so ranges are shifted. You were on the end of some range probably.

I post a lot outside of FFtF and yet I had Sara fairly consistently from when she was added to when Seth exists.

I suppose, but I find it strange because ... I'm pretty sure it was Ike before I went to bed. And it was Sigrun when I woke up this morning. Unless my Ike changed into a Sigrun after my final post before I went to bed and I never noticed ... because I don't post in my sleep. O_o

I never even saw the first post because I was following orders along the lines of "go vote for Lyn", specifics excluded. Typically I don't do such things, but things like voting for Lyn are an exception.

In any case only a monster would argue against this glorious outcome.

Edited by Aleph

IDK where you live, but Pelleas wasn't there last night my time, and now he is.

I can't remember specifically whether I saw that Pelleas badge yesterday or today ...

Might be today then. It'd help expain why Sothe got shifted to your postcount range.

Perhaps. I had Roro (from what someone else said), then pretty sure it was Ike. Then Sigrun this morning, and it changed to Sothe maybe an hour or two ago.

You were probably on the edge of what Sigrun's range is this morning, given that Pelleas is added while you slept, and then a few posts outside of FFtF pushed you into Sothe range.

Which if my hypothesis is true, then according to Tangie Sothe range is only ~100something anyway.

i wasn't aware ignorance of the rules gives you exemption from consequences of breaking the rules.

i'm going to go out and take whatever i need from a store without paying for it because i don't think anyone can stop me

i wasn't aware ignorance of the rules gives you exemption from consequences of breaking the rules.

i'm going to go out and take whatever i need from a store without paying for it because i don't think anyone can stop me

Calm down, dude ... it was just a fun little contest. Vincent didn't have to start this thing, but he did. I didn't get what I wanted either, but I'm over it.

Edit: @ Lumi: That makes sense.

Edited by Boron

He isn't even one of those people overzealous about righteousness but who is completely misguided about what that is, like so many here.

He's actually one of the creepy sorts the former and the intelligent detest alike.

Dude, did you not read the part where Vincent said he deleted the double posts? It's not like any one person had an advantage over everyone. All the winners won fair and square, and there are even more new badges showing up even after this contest. Plus, who's to say another contest like this won't happen again in the future?

And now we have Lyn thanks to this contest. Who isn't happy with that?

I am personally apathetic about Lyn. But hey, I'm just happy Vincent gave us the mere chance to choose a character for a badge, even if I wasn't one of the winners.

I would've been happy if I got Rath, but I still can get Tormod! So apparently, I'm not nearly as bummed as some of the people who didn't win.