Which Promoted Lord Class do you think Krom might promote after his Lord class?

Which Promoted Lord Class do you think Krom get?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which Promoted Lord Class for Krom?

• I think my best guess is Master Lord (like Roy)
    • I think my best guess is Knight Lord (like Sigurd, Eliwood, and Celice)
    • I think my best guess is Prince (like Leaf)
    • I think my best guess is Great Lord (like Hector)
    • I think my best guess is Hero (like Alm and Ike)
    • I think my best guess is Blade Lord (like Lyn)
    • I think my best guess is a New Promoted Lord class instead
    • I am not sure for right now?
    • Probably Neither of them

See topic title.

But yeah, do you think that Krom will might have a Promoted Lord class after he gets promoted from his Lord class when this game comes out, just like the other lords (except Marth) from the other games get promoted to different Promoted Lord class, so I will make the poll so that you can decide to guess until we might have more info revealed about his class list in the game. (This is just speculation.)

Edited by King Marth 64

Not really. Leaf's Prince class, Roy's Master Lord class, and Ike's Lord class are all essentially the same thing. :\

For now, I'm guessing Krom is going to pull a Marth and not promote at all.

Not really. Leaf's Prince class, Roy's Master Lord class, and Ike's Lord class are all essentially the same thing. :\

For now, I'm guessing Krom is going to pull a Marth and not promote at all.

There is no possible reason why IS would bring that back.

Krom is clearly a fighter-type character. He'll likely get a new name for his class, but it'll be something along the lines of the Hero classes.

Krom will probably end up like Ike: promote and have awesome stat caps, but still only use swords. He's even rocking the whole one-shoulderpad look, too.

>Master Lord/Prince

Oh God I hope not. That shit is even worse than "level 30, no promotion".

>Knight Lord

Nah, I don't think he looks like the kind who'd grow a horse. He's more like a mercenary type.

>Great Lord

Heavy-armored? Nope

>Hero

While I agree Krom gives Alm/Ike vibes, he's established as royalty from the get-go. I don't think IS is going to un-Lord him.

>No promotion

IS probably only gave Marth 30 levels in FE11/12 because they changed the caps. I'm almost willing to bet they wouldn't discard the potential of a mid-game forced promotion for Krom and MU.

>New class

Hahaha tough luck guys

>Blade Lord

And here's my guess - swords and bows, just like Alm. Maybe renamed, but probably not.

He's not going to lose his royalty status, but his appearance and fighting style clearly match up with those of a Mercenary/Hero, meaning he'll almost certainly get some Lord class along those lines, just probably with a new name.

The suggestions of LV30 caps are absurd. The LV30 cap for a Lord was used only for Marth, just because he didn't have a promoted class originally, so they couldn't add a new one. It's a terrible substitute for a real promotion, and IS is not going to bring it back for no reason - especially not when Krom seems to have enough substance to him beyond "is royalty" to earn his own promotion.

Edited by Othin

I respectfully disagree. Traditional Lord promotions being tied to Storyline events forces them to sit at level cap for long periods of time being worthless. The sole exception to this was Celice, if memory serves. A 30 cap with no promotion allows for 100% continued growth for the lord, and is actually a more ideal system, unless a full-fledged return to FE4 promoting-doesn't-reset-level is taken.

I wouldn't argue that they chose L30 no promotion for Marth just because he never had one to begin with, as plenty of other class changes and promotions were mucked about with, but I feel it was a well-thought out strategic choice, that I actually hope they continue to use.

Edited by Balcerzak

The main character's class is kind of a big deal, which is why adding a promotion for Marth wasn't an option. IS has never prioritized gameplay balance over story, and in the case of the main character, they never should. Main characters don't need balance: even if they fall behind for a while, the fact that they're the main character and have free deployment always gives them importance throughout the game.

Furthermore, if IS chose to eliminate the story-based promotion, there would be absolutely no reason for them to not add a non-story-based promotion, like Celice's. To do otherwise would neuter Krom's potential as a character by forcing him to stay in a boring class that doesn't appear to suit him in the slightest.

I respectfully disagree. Traditional Lord promotions being tied to Storyline events forces them to sit at level cap for long periods of time being worthless. The sole exception to this was Celice, if memory serves. A 30 cap with no promotion allows for 100% continued growth for the lord, and is actually a more ideal system, unless a full-fledged return to FE4 promoting-doesn't-reset-level is taken.

I wouldn't argue that they chose L30 no promotion for Marth just because he never had one to begin with, as plenty of other class changes and promotions were mucked about with, but I feel it was a well-thought out strategic choice, that I actually hope they continue to use.

I really don't give crap of what's better or not....Marth was very boring to play with....unlike Ike or Hector...I rather play as Roy than playing as Marth...promotion give goosebumps makes the characters feel fresh.... L30 cap is totally a stupid choice....

>Master Lord/Prince

Oh God I hope not. That shit is even worse than "level 30, no promotion".

>Knight Lord

Nah, I don't think he looks like the kind who'd grow a horse. He's more like a mercenary type.

>Great Lord

Heavy-armored? Nope

>Hero

While I agree Krom gives Alm/Ike vibes, he's established as royalty from the get-go. I don't think IS is going to un-Lord him.

>No promotion

IS probably only gave Marth 30 levels in FE11/12 because they changed the caps. I'm almost willing to bet they wouldn't discard the potential of a mid-game forced promotion for Krom and MU.

>New class

Hahaha tough luck guys

>Blade Lord

And here's my guess - swords and bows, just like Alm. Maybe renamed, but probably not.

If you consider the background of his family , he might had a Mercenary as his trainer....and Greil was a Hero even though he was a general (=Noble) 'in Daein

Edited by Sirius

I'd actually think it'd be cool if Krom promoted normally like Celice but that probably won't happen.

Well Ike promotion didn't come very late in game....so I want a forced promotion in mid-game...at least you can make sure that he can be capped...

Krom's look makes me think he'll promote Hector or Ike style with Sword + Axe use. Possibly Lance gain (but without mounting).

But they'll probably name it something new.

Edited by Rakath

The best solution is to do like FE8 and have a story promotion that can be delayed if the player wants to.

When it fits with the story, sure. The story should never be limited by the main character needing to have a delayable promotion.

When it fits with the story, sure. The story should never be limited by the main character needing to have a delayable promotion.

We have a free to travel map, like in Sacred Stones, which is probably part of why they added the ability to postpone promotion.

Equally that's probably why we won't see much vs. gameplay, Greenstats will probably be fairly common this time around.

We have a free to travel map, like in Sacred Stones, which is probably part of why they added the ability to postpone promotion.

Equally that's probably why we won't see much vs. gameplay, Greenstats will probably be fairly common this time around.

I'm not sure any of the things you brought up are actually relevant in any way to each other.

I'm not sure any of the things you brought up are actually relevant in any way to each other.

In Most of the games you follow a uniform line of chapter to chapter, event to event. The only lag and change to how long it takes is turn count in chapters, and the addition of Gaiden chapters. Events happen in an order that must be followed with very narrow and predictable sidequests. Promoting plot specific units is controlled with the plot, as plot is paramount.

Eight doesn't have that, Eight has a free to wander map where you can fight in the Tower or do Random Encounters to your heart's content to bolster stats before anything, you can do encounter after encounter and never reach the final chapter of plot if you like.

Thirteen has the same set-up available, so letting the player pick when his lord (or lords if there's another) promote isn't more detrimental to the plot than what is already there, the free to explore world map. Equally, with a world map you can just wander there's no challenge to leveling a competent team for vs. mode. I know, I know, there wasn't this issue in games following a chapter model either, go with me on this. As proven by the infinite stat-ups trick in Sacred Stone. If there's a vs. mode in Thirteen, it won't be given a lot of focus cause IS still has no way to balance it to be fair.