FE4 Draft XII

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the drafting here consisted of me trying to screw over the big-time FE4 powerhouse and him screwing me over in return while Shin laughed (as well as trying out new strats since I think we've pushed it as far as we can go with the current typical clears)

The FE4 metagame changes so consistently we're kind of metagaming the metagame. Metagameception, if you will.

It's pretty interesting watching you, Horace, and Doku (and Integrity, when he drafted) compete against each other, since you guys only lower your turncounts until it's so low I don't think anyone else will ever reach it. Kind of interesting how much drafting has changed as well. I remember back in the old draft logs, it was always: "Don't let Cam get Holsety!Arthur!"

yeah, those old days were so fun

Those were the days when Ethlin and Aideen were considered second-tier picks why do i have nostalgia i dropped out of the scene for a long time

I've been following the FE4 drafts since they started, because they were so fun to read through. I think back then Sylvia went last (or second round) and Ayra was picked first. Then, somehow everyone realized that Sylvia and Ethlin were awesome mothers and wanted them.

I think Tiltyu still goes either third or fourth, because of Holsety!Arthur or trying to prevent it from happening, though.

These days Holsety!Arthur is only gamebreaking at a lower level. At Horace's tier, Holsety!Arthur is basically Aless except you have to deal with pinning Levin to Tiltyu for the entire time AND getting Arthur onto his horse (you can't get him AND Celice to the magical level 18).

Sylvia only went in the lower rounds until I demonstrated how fucking broken Laylea was, and then people started applying it to 1st Gen with Sylvia. I think that's about when I dropped out so I dunno the specifics.

I guess as more people played FE4, people realized just how units could be used to their full potential, and how certain units actually aren't as good as you thought they were, then?

A ton of the mothers are actually potential turn shavers, Sylvia and Aideen are obviously, huge, but Ethlin helps saves turns herself (in addition to spawning Leaf) and I'd think (although it hasn't happened yet) Master Knight Lachesis with the rescue staff could cut some turns off as well, leaving only Tiltyu, Fury, Briggid and Ayra. Unfourtunately, Briggid and Ayra get the short end of the stick with this, as neither themselves or their kids are particularly good.

A lot of people don't seem to like Briggid as a mother, because she costs turns, I guess?

It's more the fact that she isn't that great, one of her kids isn't recruited, and she may or may not cost turns to pair.

Yep. I remember people cursing Briggid for costing them turns and being too long to pair.

Edit: Lyn? blink.gif I thought I was supposed to have Tormod next. Ah, well, I just have to continue to post so I can get him.

Edited by Boron

CHAPTER 10 - 16 TURN CLEAR

Seems rescue Leaf isn't as overpowered as I thought. Only three turns on rescue Lana! Shameful!

Anyway, Laylea, with some funding from Patty, bought the Knight Ring this chapter.

On turn 1, Celice was danced by Laylea, who was returned back home by Nanna. He seized the first castle on turn 3. Linda warped Laylea ahead next turn, and she danced Celice forward, and he took out most of the enemies with the light sword. He smacked a troubadour with the Earth Sword next turn to get healed, and then killed a dark mage EP, and killed the boss for a seize on turn 6.

vB5F4.png

I got to this point on turn 9, and Charisma greatly improves the reliability of stuff here. Lana and Laylea were put to sleep on the next turn. Nanna returned Laylea the next turn, and Linda cleared her status in the home castle. Serisu killed the boss, for a ten turn seize. (I'm pretty sure it was 10, anyhow) and he seized.

KmyZ0.png

In the meantime, Femina had been flying over to get her ass kicked by dark mages...

Linda warped Laylea to Miletos (what's so special about it, it's the only unique castle in the game other than Barhara!) And she danced Celice, allowing him to run accross the bridge after clearing the arena for healing, and with a shield ring and a 92 kill light sword, he killed nearly everything surrounding him, except like, the baron, the healers, and a couple other stragglers, who were mopped up by Team Charisma. Celice went to grab Tyrfing, and got into this place by turn 16

lhU3M.png3yM4z.pngebSWu.png

77 turns total. This strategy was actually incredibly reliable barring great shields from Alvis!

77 turns total. This strategy was actually incredibly reliable barring great shields from Alvis!

77 turns total for the second generation? I haven't played FE4 yet, but ... that is SUPER fast, isn't it?

It's pretty interesting to see how units who were valued so highly for their combats plummet in usefulness over time in comparison to units who have staves or dancing in shaving off turncounts.

Yeah, the combat thing isn't really needed because of Celice and Siglud.

also, stats

e2UuJ.pngjD85x.png53exi.pngiMk90.png

hwfvs.pngMrzmG.pngLk4em.pnghHZsV.png

ACCzm.png0S1v9.pngi0FO6.png

AND ONWARDS TO THE EPILOGUE OF THE STORY OF SERISU

CHAPTER EPILOGUE - 18 TURN CLEAR

I've got the hang of using any rescue staff user now. The return staff is pretty clutch actually, it's something i've never really used before.

3 turn seize of Edda. Nothing special. Celice uses the return ring and heads home. On turn 5, he moves ahead, is danced, then rescued, and he goes and smacks the boss and seizes for a 5 turn seize.

Lana pulls some more rescue Shenanegins, and Celice seizes freege on turn 9. In the meantime, Nanna has returned Laylea, Lana, and Linda to base.

On turn 10, Laylea is warped to Freege, and then uses the return ring that she bought courtesy of Daisy's Sleep Sword (and selling the barrier ring) and she returns home agian.

hcHe6.png

Celice blicks Ishtar on turn 11, and seizes Velthomer on turn 14! He recruits Julia the next turn, and Linda warps Lana up, and she rescues Julia back to her, and Julia grabs Narga. Laylea is also warped on this turn, but obviously is unable to move.

Through some dancing and rescuing, I manage an 18 turn seize of Velthomer!

Y5Afa.pngnGdgb.png

95 turn gen 2 clear.

114 Gen 1 clear + 95 turn gen 2 clear = 209 turns total! Aideen is really quite a good mother! Lachesis isn't that shabby herself!

Edited by General Horace

CHAPTER 10 - 16 TURN CLEAR

Seems rescue Leaf isn't as overpowered as I thought. Only three turns on rescue Lana! Shameful!

To be fair, I managed to match this turncount with neither Rescue nor a dancer, only Warp!Fee (remember my Hawk shenanigans).

edit

209 turns what the fuck

Edited by Camtech

209 turns total!

Well ... looks like that's the new record, isn't it? I'm still waiting for the day you guys complete the game in less than 200 turns.

• 1 month later...

Chapter 2: Curses, my offense is lacking! - 30 turns

I should have picked Fin or someone! 10 turn capture for the first castle! Lachesis goes off to hide! With no support, Sigurd gets the next one on turn 17! Alec also saves the Bargain Ring and boogies with Sylvia. The next is a pickle but Holyn and the Cross Knights help out. 25! Alec is warped back, he murders all of Fury's team and then Levin recruits her! Turn 30 finish!

Name	LV XP HP ST MG SK SP LK DF RS Items
Sigurd  26 35 57 25 01 21 16 13 15 04 Silver Sword, Skill/Magic/Barrier/Elite/Shield Rings, Light Sword
Dierdre 15 63 30 01 20 12 14 07 03 35 Silence, Aura, Circlet, Warp, Live
Alec	13 41 40 17 00 13 13 08 12 00 Iron Sword, Speed Ring, Steel Sword, Slim Sword, Iron Lance, Javelin, Bargain Ring
Sylvia  03 66 29 03 00 04 12 08 01 05 Slim Sword
Holyn   16 95 44 15 00 21 18 02 12 02 Iron Blade, Steel Blade
Fury	06 00 32 11 01 12 18 07 09 09 Slim Lance
Ardan   06 15 39 15 00 05 05 04 14 00 Iron Sword, Steel Sword, Pursuit Ring
Dew 	03 68 28 05 00 08 15 12 02 00 Iron Sword, Slim Sword

30/61

I've just noticed I forgot to get the Return Ring... no!!!!!!

Edited by Parco Folgore