【東方】 The draft wherein we lolis

Naglfar

we're playing touhou fagnuts

Rules:

1. This draft is for 4 players.

2. All the Windows games will be played, except for the TSS clone and the ones that aren't integers. That's seven games.

3. Only one character/team/shot/whatever the hell is going on may be drafted per game.

4. Normal mode, default settings.

5. No cheating. I don't want to see Malice Cannon or anything like that going on. MarisaB is banned for th10.

6. Practice all you like, but all replays presented are to be recorded during the correct round. No here's-one-I-prepared-earlier.

Procedure:

1. Snake-style drafting, the kind we all know and love. Take your pick from the entire pool, but after choosing from one game you obviously can't choose another from the same game.

2. The games will be played in chronological order, with each player using what they drafted for each game. I'm leaning towards alloting one week for the completion of each round. Opinions would be chill.

3. After attaining a satisfactory score, players will send a replay as evidence to a trusted non-player who will release these replays at the end of the round and declare the rankings. You can submit as many improved runs as you like before the deadline, the best one will count. If enough people want to play this, I'll give up my slot and be the judge dude, otherwise I'll find someone else. Probably Integrity, since he's basically the designated draft bookkeeping bitch of Serenes Forest.

4. The player who scores highest will get five points, second place is three, third place is two, and one point goes to the last place finisher. Failing to clear the game will get you no points.

I think that's all?

[spoiler=Draft pool]

|touhou06|touhou07|touhou08|touhou10|touhou11|touhou12|touhou13|
|        |  ReimuA|        |        |        |  ReimuA|        |
|        |        |        |        |  ReimuB|        |        |
|        |        |        |  ReimuC|  ReimuC|        |        |
|        | MarisaB|You&Yuyu|        |        | MarisaB|        |
|        |        |   Reimu|        |        |        |        |
|        |        |  Yukari|        |        |        |        |
|        |        |  Marisa|        |        |        |        |
|        |        |   Alice|        |        |        |        |
|        |        |  Sakuya|        |        |        |        |
|        |        | Remilia|        |        |        |        |
|        |        |        |        |        |        |        |
|        |        |  Yuyuko|        |        |        |        |

Shmucks (in order):

|Player |touhou06|touhou07|touhou08|touhou10|touhou11|touhou12|touhou13|
|Raymond|  ReimuB|  ReimuB|Rei&Yuka| MarisaA|  ReimuA| MarisaA|   Reimu|
|Bal    |  ReimuA| SakuyaA|SakuRemi|  ReimuA| MarisaC|  SanaeB|  Marisa|
|KAL    | MarisaB| MarisaA|  MAlice|  ReimuB| MarisaA|  ReimuB|   Youmu|
|Naglfar| MarisaA| SakuyaB|   Youmu| MarisaC| MarisaB|  SanaeA|   Sanae|

Edited by Naglfar

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap, a Touhou draft!?

Some questions:

- "No cheating." -> Obviously. But does that include glitches like Marisa B(roken)'s 3 Power unfocused laser in 10? After all, you can actually "abuse" that one by complete accident by simply happening to have 3 power at any point.

- Can we choose to play on a higher difficulty level regardless? Easy is too easy for me, and while I'm not a Lunatic player by any means, I'd hate to get out of touch with the Normal/Hard mode (depending on the game) patterns by repeatedly playing EASY MODO.

Yes, a higher difficulty level means a higher score, but you also gotta keep in mind that certain characters have a much higher scoring potential than others, so this would be a way to have a shot at beating others' scores even with a character who's really bad at scoring.

Also, you can't technically "clear" Touhou 6 on Easy mode, as you cannot access Stage 6.

- "No cheating." -> Obviously. But does that include glitches like Marisa B(roken)'s 3 Power unfocused laser in 10? After all, you can actually "abuse" that one by complete accident by simply happening to have 3 power at any point.

Wasn't that patched? Uh, maybe it wasn't. Guess I'll just ban MarisaB there?

- Can we choose to play on a higher difficulty level regardless? Easy is too easy for me, and while I'm not a Lunatic player by any means, I'd hate to get out of touch with the Normal/Hard mode (depending on the game) patterns by repeatedly playing EASY MODO.

If everyone who signs up feels like it, I'll bump it up to Normal, but I'm trying to make this accessible. We need an even playing field regardless.

Yes, a higher difficulty level means a higher score, but you also gotta keep in mind that certain characters have a much higher scoring potential than others, so this would be a way to have a shot at beating others' scores even with a character who's really bad at scoring.

It's a draft. Just don't let your opponents get all the characters who are good at scoring, and be the better player when your character is suboptimal. ReimuA can come third in th06 and you'll still have done well.

Also, you can't technically "clear" Touhou 6 on Easy mode, as you cannot access Stage 6.

It's an easy mode clear. Think of it as something like the special olympics.

(and it'd be a good way to ease ourselves into this thing)

Wasn't that patched? Uh, maybe it wasn't. Guess I'll just ban MarisaB there?

It isn't patched in my version, so yes, banning her would probably be a good idea.

If everyone who signs up feels like it, I'll bump it up to Normal, but I'm trying to make this accessible. We need an even playing field regardless.

I'll sign up if we play on Normal (even though I've yet to 1cc 6 and 12 on Normal lol), but I'm not interested in EASY MODO.

It's a draft. Just don't let your opponents get all the characters who are good at scoring, and be the better player when your character is suboptimal. ReimuA can come third in th06 and you'll still have done well.

I guess.

Actually, when I clicked on this thread, I half expected the draft to be of "East Chemblem"... aka "Fire Chenblem".

[spoiler=images]TouhouEmblemCover.jpg

AyaPegasusKnight.png

I was slightly disappointed.

I apologize in advance if this counts as spam in a draft thread.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Actually, scratch my entry. I don't want to bother you with Normal mode if you feel it's too much, and I'm too busy trying to beat Ten Desires on Lunatic anyway.

Also, I just beat an Extra Stage (Ten Desires's) for the first time ever. Go, me!

EDIT: Unless you guys really don't mind doing it on Normal, I guess.

Edited by Shade of Shadow

I personally have no problem with Normal (by which I mean I'll struggle to finish, depending on my drafts, but it will be fun), but I'll never 1cc Hard or worse. I've never really score attacked anyway, so I'm just in this for fun.

I'm fine with either. No preference either. Easy is better for actual score attack, while I'm not still good enough to justify later Normal stages to it over survival.

Edited by カルル

Normal's looking likely. Bal? Em?

As for th13, just download it. If you really absolutely have to fund ZUN's alcoholism, you probably have something like two months to buy it.

Edited by Naglfar

Okay. Normal mode. You guys play, I'll handle your replays. Drafting order is up.

Meanwhile, I'll be trying to beat the same games you're playing on lunatic during the appropriate rounds, just to give me something to do, and desperately needed practice.

I can't beat FE12 on Normal, any tips?

Looking forward to this, seems interesting. Time to refresh who were the characters with best scoring abilities.. ;D

Edited by カルル

Btw, is it allowed to tint the life/bomb counters in the earlier games? It makes the score lower if it's easier so I don't really see a problem with it.. Why aren't we playing TH2-5?

And I meant TH12, not FE12. :facepalm: Somehow just typed and was like "k". Not beating FE12 Normal.. :lol: But yeah.

Btw, is it allowed to tint the life/bomb counters in the earlier games? It makes the score lower if it's easier so I don't really see a problem with it.. Why aren't we playing TH2-5?

And I meant TH12, not FE12. :facepalm: Somehow just typed and was like "k". Not beating FE12 Normal.. :lol: But yeah.

If you want to play PC98 Touhous, I will too. Excluding Dim Dream for obvious reasons. Also, I think we should play with default lives/bombs in all the games where it is adjustable, but I suppose since it does penalize your score, I'm not too fussed either way.

Eastern Wonderland also doesn't have enough draftable modes to support four players, IIRC... despite it being a very fun game.

Edited by Balcerzak

The PC98 Touhous would be a problem because I don't have a DOS emulator and can't get any working. Besides, I really think seven games in a row is enough. ;/

I'm in favor of allowing lives and bombs to be adjusted in the games that support it. Increasing your lives penalizes your score, but may give you a shot at actually beating the game if you struggle with the standard amount, so it's a fair trade-off. Lowering them is pointless anyway, as this also lowers your score (as you get a lower game clear bonus) and makes the game much harder to beat.

Anyway, I'll start off by picking Reimu A for T11.

@Naglfar: On Lunatic? Fun. Beating Lunatic isn't that tough, but anyone who is capable of 1ccing it definitely deserves utmost respect.

Uh. Standard settings. Let's not make things complicated.

No PC-98 because I kind of figured that would be sort of awkward replaywise maybe? And th02 only has three shots. And this draft would never end.

But yeah, th12, I know. Practice lots, and get the blue ones.

@Naglfar: On Lunatic? Fun. Beating Lunatic isn't that tough, but anyone who is capable of 1ccing it definitely deserves utmost respect.

1ccing it, obviously. Nothing else is really noteworthy.