Is Emelina a lord?

I think Emelina is going to be an important figure, but I can't tell if she's going to be a lordly character or not especially with all the Masked+Krom advertisement going on. My assumption is only based on one poorly supported idea, and it is that Emelina reminds me a lot of Micaiah! Like Krom reminds me of Ike, and Liz reminds me of Mist. Do you think Emelina is a lord?

I'm so excited for this game 030 even more than Animal Crossing.

I hope Emelina is a playable character and a summoner ;3;

Edited by Queen_Kittylincia

I think her appearance has been portrayed too passively for her to be something as important as a lord character, but I wouldn't be surprised if she was a playable character later on or in the trial maps/DLC packs. Her costume having roman numerals, I think, is an interesting indication that her role in the game is going to be something more important than just a filler character.

i don't think she is a lord but she will most likely be important to the story because not only does she have a similar mark on her as krom but i believe that those numerals on her outfit , which count from 1 to 10 (signifying number of unique games in the series?), will be relevant as well

why doesnt aytone think she will be playable around the start\middle. ?there is absolutely no evidence towards that.my opinion is that she will be a la archael type charecter. mabye a magic user and probably the user of loght magic sent to cleanse the land of evil. as we already know that there are and will be corpse soldiers and such like.

If she is playable then she will likely not be until very late in the game, given the frailty in which she's portrayed. And she'll probably have absurdly low Def and HP stats.

If she is playable then she will likely not be until very late in the game, given the frailty in which she's portrayed.

How do you figure?

Well ... there were a lot of characters like Nyna and Guinevere who were plot-important but did no fighting in the main story. And there's FE9 Elincia, who is plot-important but joins horribly underleveled about ... three or four chapters before the game ends. She could be one of those?

She's been shown as a unit on the map in what appears to be earlier chapters in several videos, so I see no reason that her recruitment should be delayed. Fire Emblem has numerous "frail" female characters, with the majority of clerics falling into this category. She seems like an important character and I expect to see here early on.

Well ... there were a lot of characters like Nyna and Guinevere who were plot-important but did no fighting in the main story. And there's FE9 Elincia, who is plot-important but joins horribly underleveled about ... three or four chapters before the game ends. She could be one of those?

Like pointed out by this person... Nyna and Guinevere were the first characters that came to mind when I saw her.

Definitely Nyna first though, because of "Masked Marth".

Though, even with just that one "screenshot" of her dialogue from the very first trailer, she did also give out that "Nyna" type aura of being important plot-wise, but not playable.

She's been shown as a unit on the map in what appears to be earlier chapters in several videos, so I see no reason that her recruitment should be delayed. Fire Emblem has numerous "frail" female characters, with the majority of clerics falling into this category. She seems like an important character and I expect to see here early on.

Was she shown as a playable unit, though? Not as an other unit that you have to protect but can't recruit (like Zephiel)?

Was she shown as a playable unit, though? Not as an other unit that you have to protect but can't recruit (like Zephiel)?

She appeared to be playable, but her sprite was yellow as compared to the normal blue. She also had no indicator of needing to be protected. The maps also seemed like typical linear maps, not one where your goal is to defend a unit. Finally, she appears in quite a few different chapters; it seemed to me the majority that were shown in the trailers. It seems very unlikely to me that a non-playable unit would appear so many times.

Edited by Jediabiwan

She appeared to be playable, but her sprite was yellow as compared to the normal blue. She also had no indicator of needing to be protected. The maps also seemed like typical linear maps, not one where your goal is to defend a unit. Finally, she appears in quite a few different chapters; it seemed to me the majority that were shown in the trailers. It seems very unlikely to me that a non-playable unit would appear so many times.

Hmm ... I really don't know what to say then. She's most likely going to be plot-important, but not sure if she will be a lord. I'm ... kind of leaning towards no. We already got Krom and that masked Marth person, and hasn't Liz and My Unit got more stuff about them than Emelina anyway?

Hmm ... I really don't know what to say then. She's most likely going to be plot-important, but not sure if she will be a lord. I'm ... kind of leaning towards no. We already got Krom and that masked Marth person, and hasn't Liz and My Unit got more stuff about them than Emelina anyway?

I agree, there's no way she's a lord. She reminds me a lot of Mist, she might have her own unique class ore just be a generic cleric.

I realize this isn't anything conclusive, but I don't even see her on the box art. And there's quite a few characters crammed on that little box. Wouldn't it make sense for an important character to at least make it somewhere on there?

How do you figure?

You know I was just re-reading that and I have no idea how I reached that conclusion. I think I was going to say that I thought that she would be a bishop-like character given the frailty in which she's portrayed... yeah I have no idea.

I realize this isn't anything conclusive, but I don't even see her on the box art. And there's quite a few characters crammed on that little box. Wouldn't it make sense for an important character to at least make it somewhere on there?

Maybe, but then again, Ike isn't on the front cover of Radiant Dawn, nor is Sanaki, etc. Not to mention Emelina has huge screentime in the opening movie.

Edited by Agromono

What the, I'm retarded. I just realized I was getting emilia and liz confused, please ignore everything i said lol. Sorry, don't know what I was thinking. Yeah, I definitely agree that emilia is more the late joining bishop type.

Edited by Jediabiwan

Yeah, that's why I said it wasn't that conclusive, or that strong, of a case. But there are a lot more people on this cover than Radiant Dawn in general--Just Micaiah and Sothe really if I remember right. Plus people already knew Ike and other characters from PoR.

But you do have a point with the opening. As far as identifiable characters do, it only shows her, Krom, and the masked character, and she gets just as much screen time as either of them. She very well could be important, but only time will tell.

Edit: She is Krom's and Liz's elder sister and Queen of Iris.

Edited by Kyea