Training Mafia - Game Over

Kay

This fake action will be shown instead of their actual role if they are targeted by any kind of inspection role that would see this information, during that night and the following day.

@Mod: Does this affect flips?

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're an ITP Kidnapper delaying the end of the game, please claim immediately.

Otherwise, Kay needs better reviewers. <_< Tailor + Interceptor + Kidnapper is crazy. If scum were smart, then they would have made their Interceptor look town on N0, too. Oh well.

You're a pathetic retard, calling luck a lack of skill.

@Mod: Does this affect flips?

No. Flips are not a role of any kind.

EDIT... meaning when someone's role is shown after they die, right? This isn't some weird CARA terminology?

Edited by Centurion

Gah, I really didn't want to get back into this, but since you're in such need of a sub I guess it won't be too much stress for me, especially if I'm only allowed to post once a day.

You're a pathetic retard, calling luck a lack of skill.

And you just got lynched. gg scrub

Making scum return as town on N0 would generally be a better idea than framing town, though. Interceptor would have been your most important role since it could net an extra kill for scum. The fact that Cam actually got scanned was bad luck, but you still had it coming to an extent for not playing the night game ideally.

Flips is just standard Mafia terminology for how a player's role is revealed on death which you will see on pretty much every Mafia community (mafiascum, etc). I dunno about how the CARA uses it.

Strawman and Haze have died! They were:

You are Benjamin Cortez, the Inventor.

What a farce. There's no reason to believe that anything more important than a few street thugs killing each other is going on. The timing was a coincidence, or an irrelevant incident, or possibly a government conspiracy to provoke exactly this kind of reaction for all you know. None of this scaremongering is affecting you in the least, there's nothing for people to be afraid of.

But if people want something to fret and fuss over, why not take advantage of the situation? Should be easy enough to find some random drug or another that the common idiot might believe would, say, keep wounds from bleeding as much. If you can make some money off it and no one can sue you, no reason not to do it. After all, anyone that stupid would just blow all their money on drinks or the lottery anyway. You'll put it to much better use.

And if some of your fake medication has an actual effect or two so people will fall for the trick more easily, all the better if it's useful, and if it isn't... life is cheap. Everyone will be fine, and people get themselves in trouble with their lackwitted antics all the time. What's a bit more hassle for them, if it helps a more productive person like yourself?

During the night, you may choose one player. You can only use this ability four times during the game. Something different will happen to each person you choose. You don't know what this will do, but it will be helpful to them more often than not.

Alignment: Town

Win Condition: Eliminate the Mafia

Manix and Eclipse are nowhere to be found. No one is allowed to talk to them outside the thread, they are unable to post/use OC, and any votes for them will be invalid.

Begin Day 4. Day 4 ends March 28 at 12:00 AM EST (in just over 51 hours).

Edited by Centurion

So, am I supposed to laugh now? There are four players left. One is the Cop, Iris is the Doctor, Prims isn't the Kidnapper because he's been roleblocked by Shinori (or so we have been told, Shinori AFKs a lot and may have missed this) so he's pretty much Town, and then there is... Me.

Come out and play with me, Prims. This is going to become our holy battleground!

But first tell us your role.

I'm a Vengeful Townie. If people are still paranoid about me, then there's the option of lynching me for a 2-for-1 deal, but that's not really optimal if Iris is the doc.

There's something I find odd about Manix. Why did he ask us so much to roleclaim to him in private? Sure, he was most likely to be the most Town player at the moment, but he insisted too much as if there was no tomorrow and I really wonder why.

Because town leader is a useful position for a townie, probably. I would have done the same thing in that situation, given the low playercount.

Also, if I was in scum!Manix's position, I would have bussed the Tailor, not the Interceptor. With additional control over who town's power roles target, that would be basically be a free kill every night. Furthermore, he was sneakily voting Excellen while kidnapped, which is counterproductive when he could have sneakily voted for a town lynch instead with no real repercussions given his situation.

In other news, I received a message that implied I was drugged last night (possibly harmfully? Manix should vote in case I'm blocked), and Haze targeted Rapier, so Rapier's role has been confirmed.

##Vote Iris

Pretty sure this is gg.

Remember kids, get your illegal drugs from StrawHaze, we are chemists of the utmost caliber and respectability.

Your drugs don't work for me, unfortunately. But I guess it worked last night by not working. Thx Haze!

Well, I think I trust Prims enough to vote on Iris. Not only he was Roleblocked by Shinori once, but he cleared me with Straw's help. Iris however has no evidences. Her Doc claim could have been just a desperate move to buy her more time, as lynching a Doc is too risky unless there is a counterclaim (which is hard to do when we're so close to the end phase).

##Vote: Iris

Good game.

Prims and Kaoz have suddenly died! They were:

You are Noah Powell, the Vengeful.

Even those who aren't directly attacking people probably brought this upon themselves somehow. Provoked someone, didn't think hard enough. Or those murders are all part of some old feud. Whatever it is, it's not your fault and since you haven't done anything wrong, none of those guys will do anything to you.

It's the paranoid average Joes you need to worry about. Those bumbling idiots might well think you're some kind of petty villain, shortsighted as they are. They're the real threat to a man of your stature.

During the day, you may choose one person to kill if you are lynched.

Votals:

Invalid: 1

It is still Day 4. Resume normal play.

Kay, I hope you enjoyed my poem to express my anger at Prims' death! I didn't expect that to happen. D:

##Vote: Rapier

Honestly, Rapier, stop being ridiculous - look at the setup - is it really likely that there would be no doctor? Honestly, if Kay made a game without a doctor with both the interceptor and the mafia's night kill, then that's just a bad setup -- something I'd hope she'd avoid for a training mafia game. As far as I know, it's more likely that your role is the one that hasn't been proven. Manix, if you're out there, I pray that you have some sense - I'm going to be super pissed if we lose over something dumb like this.

Kay, I hope you enjoyed my poem to express my anger at Prims' death! I didn't expect that to happen. D:

##Vote: Rapier

Honestly, Rapier, stop being ridiculous - look at the setup - is it really likely that there would be no doctor? Honestly, if Kay made a game without a doctor with both the interceptor and the mafia's night kill, then that's just a bad setup -- something I'd hope she'd avoid for a training mafia game. As far as I know, it's more likely that your role is the one that hasn't been proven. Manix, if you're out there, I pray that you have some sense - I'm going to be super pissed if we lose over something dumb like this.

Unfortunately, you scums are going to lose. I am the Nexus and Prims proved that I am indeed the Nexus. We all know that the remaining scum is the Hider (not the Kidnapper. The Kidnapper blocks votes too, but the Hider just... hides people). Your role however is uncertain, and all we have here is the argument that it's stupid to not have a doctor in this setting.

So yeah, by elimination you're the only person whose role has not been proved. Your doctor claim could have been just a desperate claim in order to survive a Day and die in the other, in case the true Doctor counterclaimed (if there were a doc).

In short, you're the last scum left, by order of elimination. I am clear, Manix is clear, but you aren't.

Iris and Fear the Pika were lynched! They were:

You are Andrew Moss, the Kidnapper.

You've always hated this dump of a town, and it always hated you back. You tried to get along with the people of Oakton once, but when they imprisoned you for a theft you were falsely accused of, you realized how mistaken you were to have tried to live with them.

Those fools are jealous of your talent, they resent and despise you for how superior you are, and they deserve to die, every one of them. They deserve to feel the fear you did when you lived on the streets, unable to get a job with a reputation as a criminal. To feel the despair you did during those long months in jail.

You'll get your revenge, and the weaklings of Oakton will regret ever having scorned you.

During the night, you may choose one person to kidnap. They will be unable to post or contact others during the following day, and their night action will fail that night.

Alignment: Mafia

Win Condition: Eliminate the Town

Final votes:

Iris/Fear the Pika 2

(Eclipse/Manix, Rapier/Ghoti)

Rapier/Ghoti: 1

(Iris/Fear the Pika)

Game is over, town wins.

Remaining roles:

Rapier/Ghoti:

You are Dianne Walker, the Nexus.

People are chaotic, and therefore dangerous. It's no surprise to you that they would start killing each other randomly now. You watch them fight constantly. They're unpredictable, wrathful creatures, every one of them. So you learned to hide. To be so ordinary no one would notice you. The world is just too unsafe to risk standing out. Funny, that you're going to survive by imitating your enemies.

Any non-killing roles that target you will be redirected to a random player, excluding you and the player targeting you.

Eclipse/Manix:

You are Lionel Hayes, the Cop.

No one should be stirring up trouble in Oakton. No exceptions, no excuses. You're going to sort this mess out and see everyone involved punished accordingly, no matter what. If you have to hurt someone or break a few small laws yourself... well, these things have to be done sometimes. Better than letting a bunch of violent lowlifes run loose threatening normal citizens.

During the night, you may choose one player to inspect. You will learn their role and character name.

Postgame and so on will be posted later. Yes, the setup was horrible, etc. I get it.

Eh. GG. Set-up was indeed slanted but it being imba feels less harsh because we won anyway.

From this game, I feel like OC isn't really my thing. Might just be the way people played here, but it seems like people just use "hey, don't need to post in-thread or seek people out if we can organize and game the set-up at night anyway" as an excuse to not really do anything, and it made for a rather dull game, so I prefer NOC's pacing. Me not having much of an opportunity to talk on IRC during weekdays doesn't really help, since it means I can't take part in half of the game most of the time unless I use PMs (which are less convenient for getting reactions and whatnot since responses don't really have an expected time slot).

I'd maybe consider replacing into some OC games over the summer, though.

Edited by Prims