Homestuck Mafia Game Thread

Balcerzak

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if we end up not believe people, it'd be nice to see what they claim to be.

^^

Surprise surprise, Snike is White Text Guy.

Your offer is intriguing but I am hesitant to endanger people in such a way. Also, given Scratch's tendency to state the truth in misleading ways and the fact that I'm up a bit late, I'm not sure I've applied the level of scrutiny I would like to your post yet, and there may be nastier bits hiding in it that I didn't see. I'll decide in the morning what to do, I guess. Court is adjourned.

We should also purrhaps consider the possibility of Lord English showing up if Doc Scratch were to die... Anyways, off to bed fur me. Like I said earlier, I won't be back on til later tomorrow afternoon.

We've both posted this phase.

And I have things to say. I'm not seeing much reason to believe Naglfar's Troll claim. He didn't claim Troll publicly until after it was pretty clear people wouldn't lynch him for it.

I never really made any effort to hide it. I would ask Excellen to back me up, but he's dead. So sorry for not claiming publicly in super-earlygame for no reason like the rest of my faction.

Furthermore, I roleblocked him. Given the size of this game, it seems reasonably likely that it was why there was no kill. Or, in other words, Nags is quite probably scum.

There was literally a one in ten chance that the roleblock you say you have stopped a kill. This really doesn't work as evidence, especially with the existence of a doctor being a far more likely method of stopping the N1 kill.

Why'd you hook me anyway?

I suppose I should come clean about my status as a neutral.

I am Doc Scratch, an even night player remover. I also identify people at night, while looking for my magic cueball. Which is my alternate win condition.

My main wincon is to eliminate the Kids.

Now, before you bloody lynch me, can I at least ask that you entertain this idea?

I act as even night vigilante while inspecting everybody. Once I inspect enough people, you lynch me. That way, we all win except for the odd night serial killer and/or the mafia faction

Also, uh, if there's any vig claims anyone knows of, they need to step forward as that role does not exist in this game.

So we're back to not worrying about you until later, of course.

Everyone who hasn't claimed a character yet should. As soon as possible, please.

uh

first, I think everyone (everyone) should character claim?

popcorn or something

this is a very good idea

Also, Kiryn, why are you analysing posts for post restrictions, of all things? Those may give some clues, but you're practically deciding on whether to vote Naglfar based on whether or not he posts like the Homestuck character he claims to be. I personally have no post restriction - Hell, my role's pretty much giving someone a post restriction. You're basically grasping at straws here.

I know of at least two night actions that were aimed at you (either by original sender or driver) that failed.

How in balls do you know this? Do you scan someone and find out who targeted them, with the added bonus of finding whether or not the action works?

Because that's also known as a slightly buffed "Tracker". Guess what Excellen was!

Furthermore, I roleblocked him.

brilliant roleclaim

Snike has an interesting role I'm inclined to believe, not gonna delve further into that.

People who desperately need to talk more:

ECLIPSE

Iris

Shinori

Proto

Still keeping my vote on Iris until she pops up.

I don't quite know how smart this is but if we are character claiming i am Feferi Peixes. Woman looks weird yo.

Forgive me for not talking to much. I don't work well without imformation it seems.

Snike said his job was to eliminate the kids, but lets say he finds the cue ball or whatever for his alternate wincon. How do we know that that isn't some thing to turn someone troll into a mafia? Can we trust that role and what he said?

Here's an idea. Instead of stopping at character-claiming, why don't we go further and claim our alignments as well? Only the name of the alignment, not the details or wincons. Now, in normal games, it would be a really dumb idea, since Mafia members could just claim Town. This time, however, it seems that there might not be a Town faction, and if the Mafia wants to claim something else, they will need to have a little more info about exactly how that alignment works in order to safely claim it. What do you guys think?

this is a very good idea

Also, Kiryn, why are you analysing posts for post restrictions, of all things? Those may give some clues, but you're practically deciding on whether to vote Naglfar based on whether or not he posts like the Homestuck character he claims to be. I personally have no post restriction - Hell, my role's pretty much giving someone a post restriction. You're basically grasping at straws here.

Eh what? When did I ever say I was analyzing, say, Naglfar solely on the basis of not being shouty? No really I am just plain confused by like half this post. I just woke up so I don't actually remember what made me wonder about Naglfar but it wasn't a lack of gratuitous allcaps.

How in balls do you know this? Do you scan someone and find out who targeted them, with the added bonus of finding whether or not the action works?

Because that's also known as a slightly buffed "Tracker". Guess what Excellen was!

Or maybe, y'know, one of them was me, and the other told me about it over Pesterchum because we'd been discussing how we don't trust Snike?

Anyway, I'm at a loss for what to do here for now. I guess I'll see how things have gone after spending too many hours in the car.

Here's an idea. Instead of stopping at character-claiming, why don't we go further and claim our alignments as well? Only the name of the alignment, not the details or wincons. Now, in normal games, it would be a really dumb idea, since Mafia members could just claim Town. This time, however, it seems that there might not be a Town faction, and if the Mafia wants to claim something else, they will need to have a little more info about exactly how that alignment works in order to safely claim it. What do you guys think?

Unless you're claiming third or some shit pretty sure this doesn't actually do anything since Jaybee already outed the full Troll wincon and everyone who outed a character except me and Snike are blatantly a troll.

ok so this game has 9 trolls, 2 kids and 1 snike

glhf

I am, after all, an excellent host.

Anyways, Having been pestered by one Eclipse, she claimed inspector to me. Care to Confirm that?

ok so this game has 9 trolls, 2 kids and 1 snike

glhf

So you're saying all of Iris, clipse, Kay, and Shinori are trolls.

anyway

##unvote, ##vote: Snike

It really shouldn't be too hard to figure out why I have a problem with an anti-kid guy running around, promises being made or not.

So you're saying all of Iris, clipse, Kay, and Shinori are trolls.

anyway

##unvote, ##vote: Snike

It really shouldn't be too hard to figure out why I have a problem with an anti-kid guy running around, promises being made or not.

OMMUS

##Vote: Strider

Hey, if you're the only other kid, I win. Why not vote against you?