will suport conversationa be making a return?

marth.25

does anyone know if support conversations will be coming to fire emblem awakening?

(forgive me if its obvious that they will as i have not really played many fe games. so im not sure if they are a stapled feture or not)

also doe anyone else reckon that mu will marry liz or krom..(obviously depending on gender[ unless fire emblem will begin to accept homosexuality]

Support conversations are definitely in, but we don't know what they'll be like.

For reference, support conversations are only in FE6-9 (10 also has them, but they're so short they might as well not exist) and 12 (in the form of base conversations).

10 didn't really have them in the same way though, because everyone could support eachother (well, mostly, nobody's gonna be supporting Lehran) and the lines were generic for the most part.

Didn't they have a few more in-depth conversations that went unused? It probably was just too large a task to tackle, so they dropped the concept. Especially when the tone of the narrative wasn't about the characters this time. It was about the war.

Have they explicitly confirmed support convos? I know supports are confirmed, but, well, those have been in every game since FE4. I would assume convos will be back, but who knows what might happen with those in here. For instance, I could see them going more the FE10 route for the in-battle support mechanics.

For instance, I could see them going more the FE10 route for the in-battle support mechanics.

I can't see that as a possibility, knowing that IS isn't entirely composed of idiots.

Have they explicitly confirmed support convos? I know supports are confirmed, but, well, those have been in every game since FE4. I would assume convos will be back, but who knows what might happen with those in here. For instance, I could see them going more the FE10 route for the in-battle support mechanics.

*In every game since FE3. There are innate character bonuses shared between various characters in that game. I think it's mostly a crit boost between the units you'd expect, like Sheeda, Marth, the two knights, etc.

Didn't they have a few more in-depth conversations that went unused? It probably was just too large a task to tackle, so they dropped the concept. Especially when the tone of the narrative wasn't about the characters this time. It was about the war.

Yeah, but no actual text, just the tags for them.

It's definitely "support conversations". There's two screenshots that show this.

I'd really like it if your MU could go around camp and have support conversations out of battle (kind of in the way of FE9 and FE12)

Plus, I'm hoping they return to being personal, and detailed. . . none of that generic stuff from FE10

i couldnt agree more..i hope that lover conversations are open to all. so krom could end up with anyone..

I highly doubt that if "proper" supports return, every character will be able to support eachother. It seems like too much work to wrote up unique supports for everyone.

I highly doubt that if "proper" supports return, every character will be able to support eachother. It seems like too much work to wrote up unique supports for everyone.

Well, you're probably mistaken. The latest scans say the characters can't just support anyone, and there are a few glimpses of support convos here and there.

It's likely they'll happen in FE9 style, since those I've seen so far happened with a base background.

Heather too.

"Ike, Soren, Raven and Lucius say hi."

Ike and Soren weren't really a canon thing...? But yes, We do have Raven, Lucius, and Heather as far as character homosexuality goes.

Ike and Soren weren't really a canon thing...? But yes, We do have Raven, Lucius, and Heather as far as character homosexuality goes.

Rather, Ike/Soren wasn't explicitly confirmed. It was left vague, but can very well be taken as implied.

If Ike and Soren aren't canon then neither is Raven and Lucius, because the later is just just as vague. Heather seems to be the only confirmed homosexual.

Well, you're probably mistaken. The latest scans say the characters can't just support anyone, and there are a few glimpses of support convos here and there.

It's likely they'll happen in FE9 style, since those I've seen so far happened with a base background.

Didn't support in FE9 developed as long as the relevant characters were deployed in the same map? From what I've seen of FE13 I think support is developed through actions. At least I think all those hearts are not just about support bonuses since it shows up after action is taken.

If Ike and Soren aren't canon then neither is Raven and Lucius, because the later is just just as vague. Heather seems to be the only confirmed homosexual.

Heather is neither confirmed either. It's all postulation on the part of the fans, which is just a little too much thumbing-one's-interpretation for it to actually be valid in the game. People are very ready to shout they've found something they've tried to find, so long as they can fit the pieces together in their mind. Regardless of how it actually is.

Heather is neither confirmed either. It's all postulation on the part of the fans, which is just a little too much thumbing-one's-interpretation for it to actually be valid in the game. People are very ready to shout they've found something they've tried to find, so long as they can fit the pieces together in their mind. Regardless of how it actually is.

so despite joining an army to meet "pretty girls", going out of her way to treat other women better than men (and conning men on a consistent basis), it's just speculation?

Really, I think people just get angry at the very idea of being confirmed as gay or lesbian. It's not a bad thing if they are, so why does it have to be a "are they? or :are they not?" situation.

Just seems kind of juvenile to make it a debate.

Edited by StrategistPockystix

so despite joining an army to meet "pretty girls", going out of her way to treat other women better than men (and conning men on a consistent basis), it's just speculation?

Considering any person of any sexuality can do any of these together, for motives other than sex, asserting a certain sexuality for Heather over others is just plain stubborn.

I mean hell, Heather has the build for being wily around any one. Being female, she can assume men will be easier to con and goes for it, and women, she tries to be nice in order to stay in their favor. It's not like people think with their sex drives. Does anyone even do that?

Edited by Celice

it doesnt really matter though does it guys?the argument i mean....since niether of you will back down you could just agree to disagree?or is this none of my buisness. sorry...... btw . going back to the topic... who do you think will end up together. in terms of support endings i mean..

Edited by marth.25

Considering any person of any sexuality can do any of these together, for motives other than sex, asserting a certain sexuality for Heather over others is just plain stubborn.

I mean hell, Heather has the build for being wily around any one. Being female, she can assume men will be easier to con and goes for it, and women, she tries to be nice in order to stay in their favor. It's not like people think with their sex drives. Does anyone even do that?

Why'd you jump to sex? I always find that funny when someone brings up the sexual context of being gay or lesbian. As if sex is the most important factor of it. Sure there's the natural human instinct to continue our family line, so to speak (Hell, Genealogy wanted you to play cupid, for that express purpose), but we can't always assume that Heather is seen as a flirt for purely sexual reasons. I for one just find her to be the hopeless romantic type. She puts women on a pedestal and lessens men to be used. Ironic, since she strung a long a few men for money, with no intentions of "sealing the deal", yet she also goes out of her way to charm women to much the same results. Call it Karma, if you will.

Also considering her dialogue with almost any male character tends to end with a very "yeah, sure buddy" tone, while she seems to literal play the chivalrous gentleman to female characters(is there a female term that's equivalent to that? using it makes me feel like I'm labeling her as a masculine, when she seems to be more along the lines of a feminine lesbian).

If we were to assume that all the evidence for her orientation was just put in there for a red herring, I wouldn't be surprised. But we also have to remember that this is still a touchy subject matter, and even with a lot of the more obvious characters, no one asks, or states their preferences. So it's possible that Heather could justbe anything in interpretation, but I must ask why seeing the obvious lesbian undertones immediately is a negative thing?

Edited by StrategistPockystix