Rate the Unit, Day 17: Dorothy

Marginally better bases than Wolt pretty much everywhere and better growths gives her slightly more potential, but even though this game makes bow users more useful than most other FEs, she's still locked to a bad class and has little hope of keeping pace with the rest of your team outside of casual play (and even there, there's far better options than her). Probably the better option over Wolt for chipping C7 wyverns which might beat Wolt's paltry contributions before she joins, I'm not sure (I understand Wolt is more useful in LTC?).

3/10

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually prefer Tate in Bartre Route since she has more time to level. The loss of a level of pegasus knight doesn't bother me much, since in her extra chapter she can gain a level with her own growths (which are better) and work towards promotion and better lance rank in the meantime. I actually got her three levels in Ch. 11.

Lalum route Tate has a significantly better chance at 28 HP, 12 skl, 15 spd than Elphin route Tate, and also has much less of a chance at having 8 str (which is a death knell) - not that 9 str is particularly good either, but if you actually want to use Tate, she needs that point of str.

also KoT needs to stop taking PCP when playing fire emblem

Edited by dondon151

I actually prefer Tate in Bartre Route since she has more time to level. The loss of a level of pegasus knight doesn't bother me much, since in her extra chapter she can gain a level with her own growths (which are better) and work towards promotion and better lance rank in the meantime. I actually got her three levels in Ch. 11.

Also, Sue can probably reach C Bows pretty quickly. Probably better to ask Narga about her, he's always going on about how amazing she is.

Relatively quickly. If you go dondon speed, maybe chapter 10 or something? If you go at regular person fast, she has C before you recruit Shin. If you go casual, I'd assume even faster.

As for Dorothy, I'm probably not voting because I don't have anything to say but bad bases, archer, 1/10. If that's good enough to count, great. If not, oh well.

And while Sue, Wil, Wolt, Shin, and Klein can all arguably be relevant for discussion of Dorothy, I don't see talking about Tate being relevant. Very long stretch to talk about which Tate is better -> that route is better -> one less killer bow -> affects Dorothy.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

each and every statement cuz you're either kind of dumb or trippin' balls and i'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt

I'd actually like to see a recorded voice commentary run of FE6 HM on PCP. I don't recommend anyone actually do that because it would be dangerous and illegal... but it'd be funny as hell.

each and every statement cuz you're either kind of dumb or trippin' balls and i'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt

So in other words you're talking out your ass. Got it.

@Narga: That seems rather fast. Are you assuming that she sees a good bit of combat in C8? Also, the whole route thing was mainly me being curious about what route to take rather than about Dorothy, since getting the second Killer Bow automatically locks me into Echidna's route.

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

Dorothy's adorable, and unlike Sue/Shin, she won't send you to Sacae. Her affinity doesn't suck, but her support list consists of Saul (whose affinity she doesn't really care for), some guy who shows up really late, and a bunch of horses.

4/10

Come to think of it Dorothy does have a great support affinity. She is best to support with Perceival or Saul. Perceival's is slower, but this support is probably best for her.

Dorothy is not better than Wolt, and she is virtually identical several chapters later without the benefit of forced deployment beyond her starting chapter.

With that in mind I'd say she's actually worse.

Saved from a zero by still being notably better than a small handful of people.

Well Dorothy surprised me the one time I actually used her, keeping equal S/S/S with Shin despite no Hard Mode bonuses, but in the end was it worth it? No.She's still an archer, still not going to get the divine bow, still going to be relegated to background duty

3/10. Sorry Dorothy

ftnfxc.jpg

Okay fine 4/10

I'm just gonna throw in my two cents and say that Wil isn't as bad as everyone thinks he is. Plus, he has LHM to get decent stats to go into HHM.

I seriously don't get this place's vendetta against archers. Sure, they're bow-locked, but they're not completely terrible.

-Bad bases

-Bad enemy phase

-Many of us don't like babying units with bad bases when there's units with good bases

-They can't get much EP exposure either for exp since they can't counter 1 range

-LHM is often used to get Sain/Kentadin who is just that much better

Simple.

Ok.... lets be nice and assume by some miracle that you managed to get Wil 7 levels(ROFL) in LHM he now has 7 AS.... That is on par with base Eliwood, and we all know how good Eliwood's bases are.