Rate the Unit, Day 19: Zealot

He also landed Yuno, which gets him some bias.

smug.gif

Anyway, Zealot's helps a lot in C8 and in the Western Isles, and unless you RNG abuse (which I do a lot heh heh), his final stats wont' be that great. Still, Marcus's twin is still awesome.

8/10.

I personally find him better than Marcus, at least when he joins, simply because Marcus hardly ever procs anything for me between his starting chapter and the time Zealot's recruited. And with more preferable bases than Marcus, he tends to become the second-best unit behind Rutger on the time of his recruitment.

But much like Marcus, he can't hold it for long due to rubbish growths. Can you believe Def is the best growth at 30%, aside from HP?

Either way, he has is fair share of moments. I'm going to give the guy...

85%.

Zealot....

:dry:

Pros:

Prepromoted pally.

Better bases than Marcus.

Utility unit for yay.

Cons:

Growths are lacking.

i just...

Im gonna come out and say it. Flame me if you want but, i dont like him. Hes basically Marcus 2.0 in this game. And in this game, being Marcus 2.0 isnt as awesome as it sounds. I thought i was getting a male version of Isadora (who i really like and can be useful) to work with. Turns out, nah. If Alance is at a high enough level (or got promoted) around the time Zealot is kicking it on the team, Alance is gonna be outclassing the fuck out of him. Hell, Noah seems to preform a little better. Zealot just is slightly tankier.

Nah...not a fan. Marcus is good in his first chapters but Zealot...i...*sigh*. Sorry guys.

5/10. (thats not to say he isnt useful but yeah...sorry..me no like.)

Edited by Florina

Apparantly 90% of us are in agreement here on his score; that's nice, I'm sick of spending 2 pages agruing over a character :awesome:. Basically, Zealot is a second Marcus who comes 6 chapters after the first. However, he comes on the ONE chapter you want him in, where C7 is pounding your asshole into the ground. He makes C8/C8x that much easier, he's a second 8 MOV canto'ing rescuebot, and his stats are pretty darn good by early game standards. Yeah, they start to look embarassing after a while since his growths are meh, but by then you've got Miredy and Perceival to replace him and your growth units (Alance, Sue, Shin, guys of that calibur) should be strong enough to hold their own, even if you're doing efficiency or LTC speeds.

He fills a niche you desperately want filled in early-mid-game, and I can't begrudge him poor late-game performance so much because of that...however, I can't rate him as good as Marcus because of lower availability, so...

8/10

Isn't this meant to be in order of recruitment? Who's recruiting Zealot before Noah?

Seriously, he better be next so I can be around to vote for him. Otherwise I will be very cross.

Zealot does not make as much of an impact as Marcus, because your team is starting to hold its own by now. Still, chapters 7-8x are very productive, so I give him 2 points for each of those, and a point for being an okay ferrier beyond that.

7/10

Isn't this meant to be in order of recruitment? Who's recruiting Zealot before Noah?

I'm lazy.

EDIT: the last page made some fair points - I'll just treat you like anybody else, PKL. Just ...kindly don't remind me that you haven't played the game quite as explicitly as you did with your Sue rating. That bothered me.

Edited by Integrity

As awkward as this sounds coming from a dude, Zealot's not THAT bad looking.

I'm a 100% straight guy and I still consider myself to have a refined taste in men.

nbd, bro.

On the run I'm doing now, I recruited Zealot on turn 2, who recruited both cavs on turns 2 and 3, respectively. So me.

Oh yeah....same here.

Also Zealot isnt ugly but ehh. (i like Noah. hes cutie)

Marcus 2. Maybe not quite as clutch because you have a few more options at this point, but he's still really useful. 8/10

To each his own, perhaps as I male I can't see it, but I feel as if he's fugly. It has something to do with his eyes.

He could use a different hairstyle imo but his face is just fine.

So, Zealot is one weapon rank away from having 13 AS killer axe use. That's something I'm really cool with.

His performance in Sacae (and the lategame in general) is terrible, but that is more than made up for by his brief stint as best unit on your team (before the first of Rutger/Dieck/Alan/Lance promote) and as one of the best for a significant amount of time after that. He can also give quick avoid supports to a bunch of mediocre people, many of whom share his movement.

He's my favorite character's husband so biased 10/10 ^W^

I need to complete FE6HM and train Wendy and Sophia but I have finished NM and he's really good, on his recruiting chapter he saved my units from dying and I deployed him for later maps and he remained useful for a while until I replaced him with somebody else. 8/10

Edited by Queen_Emelina

Seeing everyone elses point of view about him useful in some of the earlygame chapters and not being useful in Sacae. But I'm sure he's :awesome: in the Ilia route. Already can use Killer weapons in both catergories of Swords and lances are a plus for him and is only a level away from using Killer Axes. Which that's good of course. But his growths aren't good in anything but HP. His HP growth is 75%, but everything else is barely 20's-30's. You only should seriously use him if ur going on the Ilia route.

So...

6/10

EDIT: And Sue's vote has been changed to 6.5 now.

Edited by リンダ

I'm going to go the opposite of yesterday's debacle and give you guys the benefit of the doubt and assume you weren't factoring in his wretched Sacae performance at all, even though some of you looked like you were.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Tallying.